Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 am

Sorry wasn't trying to launch an investigation here. Just found it comical!
Pat Sorge

matthickok

Post by matthickok » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:35 am

oh, and while i'm crying i lost this week by 3.2 points thanks to Charles 2.7 and Manningham inexplicably missing a catch that would have clinched a win for me, concussing himself instead!

It's all good, Pat. I was joking around.

matthickok

Post by matthickok » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:00 am

Originally posted by Stealth SNAKE:
Just got back on here and simply wanted to state my thanks to my good friend TK for giving me the benefit of the doubt here :rolleyes: ... In his defense it was an honest mistake that seemingly couldn't be disputed. He sounded genuinely reluctant/apologetic on the phone when I convinced him you were innocent.

Now stop stealing my wireless!!! :mad:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:10 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm setting the line at 4.5 for number of aliases SNAKE uses to support his rants. I had hoped this wasn't another example of that. Unfortunately, I just checked the IP address of Tom Terrific and it does match up exactly with Glenn's. He'll be given a one-week vacation from the boards. [/QUOTE]Although he was completely innocent in this case (a rarity for sure), Snake has obviously been given "mini vacations" so many times that it is easy to see how people like Kenny Britt, PacMan Jones, etc. are continually allowed to play in the NFL with little or no consequences. :confused:

renman

Post by renman » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:16 am

For the record, when Brady was removed from the Patriots lineup, a journeyman backup produced, produced well and lead the team into the playoffs....

When Manning was removed from the lineup... well, we all can see the results.

They are both great, they are both dynamic, they are both HOFers. I think Manning literally carries his team and Brady is a very talented part of a VERY good system.

System and player circumstance is everything in the NFL as it relates to 'stats' that we judge people on. If Joe Montana and Dave Krieg swapped places and teams in 1979-1980 I believe they would have dramatically different legacies. Same for Archie Manning and Terry Bradshaw.

matthickok

Post by matthickok » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 am

Originally posted by Renman:
For the record, when Brady was removed from the Patriots lineup, a journeyman backup produced, produced well and lead the team into the playoffs....

When Manning was removed from the lineup... well, we all can see the results.

They are both great, they are both dynamic, they are both HOFers. I think Manning literally carries his team and Brady is a very talented part of a VERY good system.

System and player circumstance is everything in the NFL as it relates to 'stats' that we judge people on. If Joe Montana and Dave Krieg swapped places and teams in 1979-1980 I believe they would have dramatically different legacies. Same for Archie Manning and Terry Bradshaw. 1) Who is the journeyman? Cassel was drafted by New England and groomed under Brady.
2) That "backup journeyman" signed a 6 year 63m contract his first year of free agency.
3) He led the Chiefs to the playoffs last year.
4) He did not lead the Pats to the playoffs in 08. They did not qualify.
5) 2 games is an awfully small sample size. Indy looks awful but they were completely unprepared for this. I don't think Manning himself had any idea this would happen until late in camp. He thought his strength would return and the pain would cease.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:51 am

Originally posted by Renman:
System and player circumstance is everything in the NFL as it relates to 'stats' that we judge people on. If Joe Montana and Dave Krieg swapped places and teams in 1979-1980 I believe they would have dramatically different legacies. Same for Archie Manning and Terry Bradshaw. How about Kenny O'Brien and Dan Marino......or Browning Nagle vs. Brett Favre.

Ouch....those two memories still hurt.