Playoff Handicapping - what do you think?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:26 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Screw that Vegas nonsense -- you should be joining the New York scene immediately. One out of four NFBC/NFFC appearances does not cut it. i hear you, but with greg buying beers and UFS buying dinner, it's tough to resist going to vegas [/QUOTE]Hmm, I think Tommy K, Eddie G and the King need to take care of you.

Besides, why would you want to hang out with a couple of guys twice your age? :D :D :D

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:29 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Screw that Vegas nonsense -- you should be joining the New York scene immediately. One out of four NFBC/NFFC appearances does not cut it. i hear you, but with greg buying beers and UFS buying dinner, it's tough to resist going to vegas [/QUOTE]Hmm, I think Tommy K, Eddie G and the King need to take care of you.

Besides, why would you want to hang out with a couple of guys twice your age? :D :D :D
[/QUOTE]Greg is much older. Just ask anyone on the street.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:01 pm

Lesson learned: Someone is always going to be left out in the cold.Can anyone say "BCS", "NCAA Basketball Championships", "College World Series".

And GG, Chi-town is the place as you can party with the "CHAMPS" of the NY-Chicago grudge match instead of the "CHUMPS". Never really enjoyed partying with losers. Not to mention we're all hoping C-Money shows up next year instead of getting Sean Salisbury to call in and draft for him.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:39 pm

quote:Originally posted by Route C:
The friends I've made along the way (including you and the NY gang) have made this a great experience. i guess i'm out now :( [/QUOTE]Not a chance but it would be cool if you cut ties with Vegas one year to meet the rest of the gang. Next year in Chicago Don Thompson, Rick , Billy and I are doing a golf outing on Friday morning as well as the 2nd annual Friday night hold-em tournament. We had about 9 or 10 guys last year.

So what do you think. Want to try a new city next year?????????????

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:43 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
The friends I've made along the way (including you and the NY gang) have made this a great experience. i guess i'm out now :( [/QUOTE]Screw that Vegas nonsense -- you should be joining the New York scene immediately. One out of four NFBC/NFFC appearances does not cut it.
[/QUOTE]If you choose to go to NY maybe you can join their squad for next years grudge match. They could really use the help.

[ December 10, 2005, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: Route C ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:03 am

Originally posted by Route C:
The friends I've made along the way (including you and the NY gang) have made this a great experience. i guess i'm out now :( [/QUOTE]Not a chance but it would be cool if you cut ties with Vegas one year to meet the rest of the gang. Next year in Chicago Don Thompson, Rick , Billy and I are doing a golf outing on Friday morning as well as the 2nd annual Friday night hold-em tournament. We had about 9 or 10 guys last year.

So what do you think. Want to try a new city next year?????????????
[/QUOTE]Sent you a PM Jeff.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:18 am

to be honest, all the cities have their advantages and disadvantages.

vegas advantages - gambling, greg buying beers, ufs buying dinner, went there last two nffc's, friends

vegas disadvantages - costs (plane ride, parking, hotel, gambling), jetlag, need to take a few days off from water delivery job

ny advantages - no costs (plane ride, parking, hotel, gambling), no jetlag, friends, only need to take off 1 day from water delivery job

ny disadvantages - cost of amtrak ticket

chicago advantages - no gambling costs, friends

chicago disadvantages - "fun" factor of the city seems to be the lowest of all three

am i missing anything?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:24 am

chicago disadvantages - "fun" factor of the city seems to be the lowest of all threeLOL

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:26 am

To support Chicago a little, I think their "fun factor" is right up there with NY (obviously Vegas is the most "fun", but it is also without question the most costly (for us "east coasters" anyhow- and especially with the gambling). I was in NY in 2004, and the hotel cost (along with parking) was the reason I didn't go back. Cost to to fly to Chicago (and stay an extra night) was actually about the same. Oh wait, that is because I stopped in Atlantic City on the way back! :rolleyes:

I did hang out in downtown Chicago on Sunday, and even though I was going "solo", I thought it was a GREAT city! The pizza (Lou Malnati's) and Garrett's carmel corn is worth the trip alone. Hopefully this year the Cubbies will be playing at home on the weekend, as I would love to go to Wrigley.

Don, Joe, and I did go to Harrah's in Joliet (about a 40 minute drive from the Marriott), and even though you had to pay $5 to get in :confused: (thanks again Don), we all walked out with $$ so that was a bonus.

Add in the Texas Hold Em game on Friday after the auction, and I think Chicago has enough "fun" to satisfy you Gekko.

Hopefully Rick, Jeff, DOn, Big Mike, GLY, etc. and everyone I missed can stick around in Sunday this year!!!

[ December 10, 2005, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:35 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Hopefully Rick, Jeff, DOn, Big Mike, GLY, etc. and everyone I missed can stick around in Sunday this year!!! Don't forget about The Next Big Thing.