NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Captain Hook » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:54 am

another thread down the drain

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:55 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I certainly wouldn't do it with GG at the front of this bandwagon, that's for sure. i don't have the time or willingness to be diplomatic all the time. you can sell it.

i'll be happy knowing two things:
1) i'm the BBDS Godfather
2) once BBDS is implemented, knowing that fantasy sports is significantly better because of it

thanks.
[/QUOTE]You came up with BBDS using FAAB dollars. Nobody wants that anymore. UYT is now the Godfather of BBDS using points. Thanks for trying. :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:57 am

quote:Originally posted by renman:
But ramming it into a steadily growing fantasy football event like this that has a strong following and a growing base is not the right move. the only thing rammed into the NFFC was KDS. KDS was in ZERO NFFC satellite leagues before it was introduced into the NFFC main event. care to speak to that mr ramrod? thank you. [/QUOTE]GG, you need to find a new problem to beat up on. NOBODY is saying KDS had any negative impact on the NFFC this year. It's a better way of random slot selection and it DID give owners some input into their draft selections. There also were no problems with implementing it. Bad example. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:58 am

quote:Originally posted by 4D:
I was thinking perhaps bbds could be done as a mini-league. Expand on the Super Satellite idea there will be a couple new concepts introduced next year (if i'm still here of course). [/QUOTE]Not that threat again!!! You're reminding me of someone I used to know in the NFFC. Thanks.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:00 am

Originally posted by UFS:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
Thanks. Just want to say I'm really enjoying these ;) [/QUOTE]Thanks. Carry on. Thanks. :D

By the way John, is there any chance that owners in your contest who have LT or LJ are doing well this year? Just wondering. Thanks.
[/QUOTE]In the one year leagues, LT is averaging 1.33. Thanks. Carry on.
[/QUOTE]Have you ever considered using BBDS in UFS leagues? It might level the playing field a bit. Give it a shot. Thanks.

TradeStar28

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by TradeStar28 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
another thread down the drain When it comes to BBDS, these guys are like buzzards on a shitt wagon.

These boards have become unreadable. If its not beating it about BBDS, its a flock of seagulls jumping up Renman'[s asss to see what the guy ate for breakfast. If thats not the soup du jour, its how DeAngelo Williams is the next Jim Brown of the 6th round.

Greg, I honestly feel sorry for the fact that you have to deal with this on a consistent basis. I guess that is what being the owner/operator of an event of this magnitude. Have a drink on me.

::: Angus Solo Here ::::
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Quahogs

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Quahogs » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:05 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
I certainly wouldn't do it with GG at the front of this bandwagon, that's for sure. i don't have the time or willingness to be diplomatic all the time. you can sell it.

i'll be happy knowing two things:
1) i'm the BBDS Godfather
2) once BBDS is implemented, knowing that fantasy sports is significantly better because of it

thanks.
[/QUOTE]You came up with BBDS using FAAB dollars. Nobody wants that anymore. UYT is now the Godfather of BBDS using points. Thanks for trying. :D
[/QUOTE]NICE jab ! :D

Q

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:05 am

quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
GREG's XMAS LIST

DEAR SANTA : please o please...

1. an LT2 groin pull week 13
2. an LT2 groin pull week 14
3. an LT2 groin pull week 15

Q you got that right. throw in a little LJ hammy and it's party time at the Ambrosius household
[/QUOTE]Not true at all. I'm not rooting for or against any individual players. The NFL season will prove that LT and LJ were the most dominant players in 2006 and they will go 1-2 in EVERY NFFC and WCOFF draft next year, no matter what happens in weeks 14-16. That's a given. Those teams who get LT and LJ next year will have an advantage, no doubt about it. Can those teams then find this year's Donovan McNabb and/or Kevin Jones and others to dominate their leagues? That's the key, just like it is every year in fantasy football.

I honestly think every NFFC team in the Championship Round has a fair shot at the $100,000 grand prize this year and that includes teams with or without LT and LJ. It's a great contest.

GG says he's just spewing NFFC facts to build his case against our format. The facts I posted at the beginning showed 17 of 24 leagues still up for grabs with one week left in the NFFC season and 22 of the top 52 teams coming from the top three spots. It's been a great season, but obviously if changes need to be made and they allow us to grow the contest, I'm willing to consider all logical ideas that are presented by logical human beings. Sometimes it's hard to find that rare combination. :D

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Facts After Week 12

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:10 am

The Snake and BWaz feud posts have been deleted. As you can tell, I have no patience for playground play today.