Brandon Marshall 8.09
Brandon Jones 10.09
Arnaz Battle 11.06
Eric Moulds 14.09
Antwaan Randle El 15.06

TE: Jason Witten 7.06
Owen Daniels 13.06

D: Packers 16.09

K: Akers 18.09 Very nice job from the 9 spot! On my cheat sheet that's a very competitive team.

Wayne

Dyv

+*+*+ OFFICIAL ROSTER THREAD +*+*+

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:51 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Captain Hook:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Dyv:
[qb] Las Vegas, League 10, drafting from 8th spot:

Dave - :eek: were you drafting against the bus from the Braile Institute???

How the heck do you get them to pass on Bush til the middle of the 2nd round and then still get Fitz, Andre and Green into the next three rounds? Perry...look @ Big O's post above :D [/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure Perry knows

I just think it's funny that people post up their rosters in a public place like this and expect... what exactly? 20 specific unbiased reviews, the 7 step process to $100k? MOST teams posted here in this thread received no comment or at best one note. I kind of assumed that nobody even read them ... was wondering if my team post would get buried in the mix or actually glanced at. Lo and behold, someone looked!

Now, I'll write out a few responses, from now on anyone can simply reference the below posts in response to your team lineup. Fill_in_the_blank_here.

A. (this should apply to about 70% of the posts) Nice team, I think your first round pick is your best player... second round pick is just behind him. Third round and fourth round pick really should be starters and fill in some gaps for your roster. I hope you get a lot from your QB. I hate to admit it, but I like the fact you have a kicker and a defense. I bet they end up scoring quite a few points for you! Good luck with your team!!!!

B. I'm not sure what you were doing here, your picks show a real attraction to outdated magazines. I guess if this were 2001 you'd find moderate success, but most of these has-beens will be broken down by game 5. Thanks for donating and I hope you enjoyed your draft day experience, it may be the most fun you have this year. Now top off the experience by blowing your FA budget in week 2 on a new kicker and Defense.

C. Well, it looks to me like you have a glaring weakness at (insert position here) but the rest of your team looks solid.

Sadly, the truth is NOBODY here knows who's going to be the surprise players, who's going to get injured, etc. Good luck everyone

Proceed to post your picks, sorry to interrupt....

/bow

Dyv

[Oh, and my real team is:
LV9,Pick5:
QB: Carson Palmer, Steve McNair
RB: Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green, V. Morency
WR: Reggie Brown, DJ Hackett, Ernest Wilford, Roydell Williams, Craig Davis, E. Parker, Mike Williams
TE: Todd Heap, Greg Olson
K: Josh Brown
D: Denver/Miami
(and I fit post C above... fill_in WR)]

[ September 03, 2007, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:51 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...in deference to Mr. Fi$her, this thread's starter, here is the SNAKEsquad (from the 9 hole in Tampax 3):

QB: Kitna/Schaub

RB: Westbrook/A.Green/Morency/S.Morris/Davenport/Herron

WR: Wayne/Javon/Galloway/Jacoby Jones/Brandon Jones/Bowe

TE: Vernon D./E.Johnson

DEF: Vikings

K: Akers

...SNAKE Snake,

I hope that Westbrooke and Davis are huge for you this year! :D

Nice job - you should have a much better year this year!

Wayne

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:56 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:

How the heck do you get them to pass on Bush til the middle of the 2nd round and then still get Fitz, Andre and Green into the next three rounds? Perry...look @ Big O's post above :D [/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure Perry knows

I just think it's funny that people post up their rosters in a public place like this and expect... what exactly? 20 specific unbiased reviews, the 7 step process to $100k? MOST teams posted here in this thread received no comment or at best one note. I kind of assumed that nobody even read them ... was wondering if my team post would get buried in the mix or actually glanced at. Lo and behold, someone looked!

Now, I'll write out a few responses, from now on anyone can simply reference the below posts in respones to your team lineup. Fill_in_the_blank_here.

A. (this should apply to about 70% of the posts) Nice team, I think your first round pick is your best player... second round pick is just behind him. Third round and fourth round pick really should be starters and fill in some gaps for your roster. I hope you get a lot from your QB. I hate to admit it, but I like the fact you have a kicker and a defense. I bet they end up scoring quite a few points for you! Good luck with your team!!!!

B. I'm not sure what you were doing here, your picks show a real attraction to outdated magazines. I guess if this were 2001 you'd find moderate success, but most of these has-beens will be broken down by game 5. Thanks for donating and I hope you enjoyed your draft day experience, it may be the most fun you have this year. Now top off the experience by blowing your FA budget in week 2 on a new kicker and Defense.

C. Well, it looks to me like you have a glaring weakness at (insert position here) but the rest of your team looks solid.

Sadly, the truth is NOBODY here knows who's going to be the surprise players, who's going to get injured, etc. Good luck everyone

/bow

Dyv
[/QUOTE]Dyv,

That is true but why not tell somebody they did a good job. You're right that nobody knows but when I looked at some of the draft boards in Chicago, there are many teams that could not get lucky enough to win. It wouldn't matter how lucky they got - the teams are absolutely terrible for the start. Nobody can really mess up the first couple of picks but I saw some terrible picks for the 3rd and 4th rounds.

My honest opinion is that many of the best drafters are active posters here and these teams are mostly far above the average teams in the league.

Wayne

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:58 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:

That is true but why not tell somebody they did a good job. Wayne Everyone did a good job, nice work! Especially you, Wayne - way to go!!! Hehe

:cool:

Dyv

[ September 03, 2007, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Dyv ]

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:27 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Chicago 1 / pick 13

QB: Romo, Roethlisberger
RB: McGahee, R. Brown, J. Jones
WR: S. Smith (Car), B. Edwards, D. Henderson, P. Crayton
TE: Winslow, O. Daniels
K: K. Brown
Def: Jacksonville

Not crazy about it, but satisfied when considering the players left to me. No real gems falling to me late. Would've liked better 1st Round RB, but only McGahee left. I need a lot to happen to make this a good team...mid-level talents like R. Brown, B. Edwards, and D. Henderson all have to step up for me to have a chance. I'm OK with it, since as many have already said, this 14-team draft with 3RR does not produce any run-away teams.

Please comment on this roster...I can take it! Shrink Attack,

You probably did as well as you could possibly do without one of the top 12 running backs. Your team could be really good or really bad. It's all up to McGahee and Brown. I think 13th and 14th were really tough this year given the risks at RB this year from those spots.
Wayne
[/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly. I'll either be right up there, or crash and burn, which is the way I'd want it anyway. No middle of the road finish for me...what a waste of time that would be.

BTW...your team looks darn good.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:12 am

Originally posted by Dyv:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:

Now, I'll write out a few responses, from now on anyone can simply reference the below posts in response to your team lineup. Fill_in_the_blank_here.

/bow

Dyv

[Oh, and my real team is:
LV9,Pick5:
QB: Carson Palmer, Steve McNair
RB: Shaun Alexander, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green, V. Morency
WR: Reggie Brown, DJ Hackett, Ernest Wilford, Roydell Williams, Craig Davis, E. Parker, Mike Williams
TE: Todd Heap, Greg Olson
K: Josh Brown
D: Denver/Miami
(and I fit post C above... fill_in WR)]
[/QUOTE]This is a thread to post your roster. Nothing I wrote in the Thread subject line or my first post said anything about it being a "RATE MY TEAM" type thing.

With 3RR (or even without it) its interesting to see how everyone did at the draft.

BTW- B & C apply to your team, except your magazine was from 2003 instead of 2001 ;)

[ September 03, 2007, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: FI$HER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:27 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
This is a thread to post your roster. Nothing I wrote in the Thread subject line or my first post said anything about it being a "RATE MY TEAM" type thing.

With 3RR (or even without it) its interesting to see how everyone did at the draft.

BTW- B & C apply to your team, except your magazine was from 2003 instead of 2001 ;) Contrary to your explicit directions it appears people have made this a rate your team thread... it's quite possible you didn't control it enough to make it what you think it is

I was shooting for more 2004, than 2003, sigh....
:eek:
Hehe

Dyv

drago

Post by drago » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:39 am

LV 3 Pick 8
QB
Hasselbeck
Garcia
RB
Alexander
Jones-Drew
J. Lewis
A. Thomas
S. Young
D. Dorsey (hehe)
WR
J. Walker
J. Galloway
D. Henderson
J. Porter
M. Furrey
B. Stokely
TE
A. Crumpler
E. Johnson
K
Janikowski
D/ST
Oakland

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:01 am

Be honest with me, please...

QB - Romo, Garcia

RB - R.Brown, A.Peterson, Buckhalter

WR - L.Coles, D.Jackson, S.Holmes, A.Lelie(Flex)

TE - Crumpler, Troupe

K - Nedney, Folk

DEF - Bears, Ravens, Chargers

Not too deep, but I think my DEF/ST rotation is very strong.

Any thoughts? Thanx in advance.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.