Hurricane IKE

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
the goal is fairness...and we also try to make fantasy football as close to real football as possible.

what is more "fair?" Allowing teams stymied with no ability to field a full team the chance to pick up $1 players that no one else in the event had interest in. you did have that chance LAST NIGHT
[/QUOTE]...BULLSHITT here GiGi - don't even start with that nonesense here...SNAKE calls it nonsense because it is totally, completely, irrationally and illogically NONSENSICAL!...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]you had a chance last night to bid on ANY free agents. sorry

[ September 13, 2008, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

jjsegura78

Hurricane IKE

Post by jjsegura78 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:20 pm

My starting TE (Daniels) and D (Ravens) are not playing this week either. So, what I did was plan ahead through the FAAB, and I now have a starting TE and D for this week. Would be cool if that decision to go for these starters helped me in the long run

Anyone else us FAAB for 2 or more players this week because they had a "hunch" the game would not be played? Good luck to all by the way.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

TradeStar28

Hurricane IKE

Post by TradeStar28 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Oh man...it may be a reality of FI$HER starting Reggie Williams over Mark Clayton>?

:eek:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

mikeybok

Hurricane IKE

Post by mikeybok » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:27 pm

Originally posted by Jive Turkeys:

Anyone else us FAAB for 2 or more players this week because they had a "hunch" the game would not be played? Good luck to all by the way. Well done JT!

BTW ... My prayers are with you too. Good luck with the storm.
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

Hurricane IKE

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:02 pm

quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
snake , you know your not only a fantasy friend , but a real friend. got to disagree. if a team is let pick up a k or def and they come up big it would suck to the other team. also in order to pick a k or d up you would have to drop a player so the full roster story is down t6he drain.its a tough call. the goal is fairness...and we also try to make fantasy football as close to real football as possible.

what is more "fair?" Allowing teams stymied with no ability to field a full team the chance to pick up $1 players that no one else in the event had interest in. Players that MIGHT score enough to help the team who picked them up.

or

let these teams be screwed by a hurricane and the fact the NFL did not move the game to a different site? All because our free agent process locked before any of this became reality.

It is "fair" that some teams get unearned wins due to this? I think it is MORE FAIR to allow teams to scramble for some scraps from the free agent pool that no one wanted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...Frankie - SNAKE respects your opinion BUT the above post makes sense ISHO...9 against 10 does NOT seem in any way, shape, form or manner FAIR ISHO...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]I have now addressed this question THREE times to you, and you have ducked it everty time.

"Is it fair that because you are on the boards, or will check your e-mail before kickoff that YOU (and others) get a shot at a replacement, but others do not?"

I imagine your lack of response is due to the fact that you realize that Greg and Tom are looking out for the ENTIRE contest, and not just those who post on the boards or are GUARANTEED to check their e-mail (which Tom said it was virtually impossible to get a mass e-mail out at this stage of the game).

BillyWaz

Hurricane IKE

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:06 pm

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
the goal is fairness...and we also try to make fantasy football as close to real football as possible.

what is more "fair?" Allowing teams stymied with no ability to field a full team the chance to pick up $1 players that no one else in the event had interest in. you did have that chance LAST NIGHT
[/QUOTE]...BULLSHITT here GiGi - don't even start with that nonesense here...SNAKE calls it nonsense because it is totally, completely, irrationally and illogically NONSENSICAL!...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Actually it isn't snake. When you hear Ike and Katrina in the same sentence, the possibility of mass destruction and certainly a game not being played in Houston SHOULD of crossed your mind.

If that didn't cross your mind, then you KNOW Kris Brown could have been picked up for less than $5 before week 3 (at least I hope you do!) :eek:

BLACKHAND

Hurricane IKE

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm

again , if on thurs it was made known that faab was pushed back till sat.it would have solved everything. people that put in fa bids would have seen on fri night or sat morning what was going on and all would have been happy in fantasy land. it doesnt always have to be sat nights but on rare times it could be pushed back.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Hurricane IKE

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:33 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
snake , you know your not only a fantasy friend , but a real friend. got to disagree. if a team is let pick up a k or def and they come up big it would suck to the other team. also in order to pick a k or d up you would have to drop a player so the full roster story is down t6he drain.its a tough call. the goal is fairness...and we also try to make fantasy football as close to real football as possible.

what is more "fair?" Allowing teams stymied with no ability to field a full team the chance to pick up $1 players that no one else in the event had interest in. Players that MIGHT score enough to help the team who picked them up.

or

let these teams be screwed by a hurricane and the fact the NFL did not move the game to a different site? All because our free agent process locked before any of this became reality.

It is "fair" that some teams get unearned wins due to this? I think it is MORE FAIR to allow teams to scramble for some scraps from the free agent pool that no one wanted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...Frankie - SNAKE respects your opinion BUT the above post makes sense ISHO...9 against 10 does NOT seem in any way, shape, form or manner FAIR ISHO...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]I have now addressed this question THREE times to you, and you have ducked it everty time.

"Is it fair that because you are on the boards, or will check your e-mail before kickoff that YOU (and others) get a shot at a replacement, but others do not?"

I imagine your lack of response is due to the fact that you realize that Greg and Tom are looking out for the ENTIRE contest, and not just those who post on the boards or are GUARANTEED to check their e-mail (which Tom said it was virtually impossible to get a mass e-mail out at this stage of the game).
[/QUOTE]...wasn't WCOFF able to get a mass e-mail out about three hours or so ago?...thanks much Wazass...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]No, they didn't (at least I didn't get one).

Even if they did, their decision is IDENTICAL to the NFFC's, so an e-mail wouldn't do anything.

As for your beef of why the NFFC can't get out an e-mail, take it up with Tom, as he stated it a while back.

Of course you will have to take your "it's all about me" blinders off to comprehend it.

Now please answer the question.... Is it fair for SOME to make replacements, but not others???

It really isn't that difficult.

thanks much snake! :D