Post by Hard heads » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:12 pm

"There is something to the candle lit 2RR!! "

I will forever be fans of Smith and Bush....... :D

Greg Ambrosius

For those interested in roster expanding

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:14 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:

I will forever be fans of Smith and Bush....... :D We're off topic, boys. We're off topic!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:17 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:

I will forever be fans of Smith and Bush....... :D We're off topic, boys. We're off topic!! :D
[/QUOTE]Greg, we are just day dreaming here!! Back to our injury riddled football teams!!!

[ October 09, 2007, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

renman

Post by renman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:41 am

Greg,

As you likely remember when the discussion first started about changing things up I was sort of opposed to it. I thought much of it was complaining due to the combo of high stakes fantasy football and poor results... this combo, to me, lead to people crying foul. Someone always thinks someone else had some unfair edge when big money is involved.

Each year in hindsight that might be the case. My point is you never could predict where the best spot to draft from would be. I was one who thought that doing anything drastic like BBDS or even 3RR (though I quickly warmed 3RR) was a "knee jerk" reaction to a couple epic seasons by the top couple RB's. I talked about how I wondered if most people had only played fantasy football for 3 years and forgot that there had been many years when having the top pick killed teams.

Well, it took all of one season to have the top picks either performing average (LT, though it is still early) or severely underperforming (sjax/LJ). To me, the PROOF 3RR WORKS is the fact that those teams are not at a severe DISADVANTAGE with 3RR this season. I personally chose to draft 11-14th and 1-3 were my least favorite spots. Next year it might be completely different. I think 3RR combined with KDS is an absolute home fun for this event. I love the SENSE of control it gives us... And having been in the WCOFF this year with the traditional snake draft with random draft positions I was reminded of what a huge difference it is.

3RR/KDS works, I don't see how anyone would say otherwise.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:48 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Ormond, I'd be surprised if next year everyone has the same KDS preferences. In fact, I'm sure it will be crazier and more unpredictable than this year. Should be wild indeed. I HAVE THE SAME THOUGHT. IT WILL JUST BE INTERSESTING TO SEE IF IT WILL BE A MAJORITY OF CERTAIN PREFERED SPOTS OVER OTHERS.