Tom & Greg Live Chat: 3 pm ET Today

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
And Rick, to address your question - I agree that as we have grown over the years and many of our participants become friends and know one another it's impossible to prevent Player A from being in the same league with Player B simply because they know one another. In some instances, that's part of the appeal of a particular league if you get to go up against owner(s) who you respect and like and want to compete against.

However, I do think that when possible we need to look at situations where family members are in the same league. If it's a single league there may not be much we can do about it. But if we have multiple leagues, splitting up family members is probably the safest way to go if we can get that accomplished. I also have no reason to suspect there's any remote hint of collusion with the example we're looking at. But I think it's better to be safe than sorry. I agree Tom.

I'm sure that collusion is not the goal with these two family members. If collusion was the goal, I think they'd choose a more discreet way of pulling it off. They likely just feel it would be a blast being in this overall competition while at the same time competing against each other for "family bragging rights".

Still for the competition itself, why risk even the hint of impropriety when it can be avoided.
Good call here and thanks.

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
A couple more critical technical questions....

1- What protections have been put in place to assure that we won't have the issues in FAAB that we've seen in the NFBC this year?

2- Is position eligibility being double checked now to assure that there aren't the arguments and debates I've seen there as well? Will there be or is there a list showing position eligibility that will carry through the season available somewhere for review as there are a number of hybrid type players whose value would increase depending upon how they're listed? Will this list be coordinated with the player listings in the draft software & FAAB to avoid further confusion & incorrect moves?

Again thanks,
Glenn Glenn, we've knocked out your first two requests already. The Live Scoring toggle for NFBC went live last night and really worked well. I'm glad we could unveil that and they were fixing that before your request, but I'll give you credit anyway!! :D

And now the Order Teams tool is on everyone's NFFC teams page. You can now click on Order Teams link and put the multiple leagues you have in the order you want to see them on your My Teams page. We have that for baseball and you can now do that for football. Enjoy.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:04 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

1- What protections have been put in place to assure that we won't have the issues in FAAB that we've seen in the NFBC this year?

2- Is position eligibility being double checked now to assure that there aren't the arguments and debates I've seen there as well? Will there be or is there a list showing position eligibility that will carry through the season available somewhere for review as there are a number of hybrid type players whose value would increase depending upon how they're listed? Will this list be coordinated with the player listings in the draft software & FAAB to avoid further confusion & incorrect moves?

Again thanks,
Glenn And now the Order Teams tool is on everyone's NFFC teams page. You can now click on Order Teams link and put the multiple leagues you have in the order you want to see them on your My Teams page. We have that for baseball and you can now do that for football. Enjoy.
[/QUOTE]For those of us with a bunch of teams, this is a HUGE upgrade.

An improvement here or there all the way up to September 12, and we should "have it all"!

Thank you very much!! :D

[ August 12, 2010, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:21 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Again thanks,
Glenn And now the Order Teams tool is on everyone's NFFC teams page. You can now click on Order Teams link and put the multiple leagues you have in the order you want to see them on your My Teams page. We have that for baseball and you can now do that for football. Enjoy.

An improvement here or there all the way up to September 12, and we should "have it all"!

[/QUOTE]Just tell Glenn to suggest them. He seems to be getting things done around here!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:49 pm

quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Again thanks,

[/QUOTE]Just tell Glenn to suggest them. He seems to be getting things done around here!! :D
[/QUOTE]Ha! I wish it were that simple.

Well as long as my suggestions seem to be quickly coming to fruition, I'll make just one more hoping I stay on that roll.....
Glenn Lowy will win the NFBC and the NFFC in 2010.

Now we'll really see how strong the power of suggestion is. :cool: :cool:

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 am

Okay, Tom said he will be around for the next hour if anyone wants to Chat about this weekend's games. I'll jump in too if anyone has any NFFC questions. I'm heading to St. Louis to finalize things and videotape some draft spots, so today is the last day for a bit that you'll have me right in front of the boards.

Okay, who has some football questions? :D Let's Chat.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 am

OK, I have one....any chance of you switching one of the new Online Main Event options from Thursday to Wednesday at 7PM?

Glenn

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:06 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
OK, I have one....any chance of you switching one of the new Online Main Event options from Thursday to Wednesday at 7PM?

Glenn C'mon, you'll be done with that "other" draft by 10 ET, won't you? :D This is a second CLASSIC team and $100,000. You wouldn't even know what to do with a paltry $10,000. ;) Jump in my man.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:14 am

Glenn C'mon, you'll be done with that "other" draft by 10 ET, won't you? :D This is a second CLASSIC team and $100,000. You wouldn't even know what to do with a paltry $10,000. ;) Jump in my man.
[/QUOTE]LOL...I dunno how long that "other" draft typically runs. I'd hate to have overlap. A lot to invest to have a mistake made because I'm doing two at once.

I am considering jumping in this thing though, especially now that Jupinka signed up. I owe him some football payback for kicking my a** in every single league and contest we're in together in baseball. Jeez.
I'll tell you what, keep the Chris Johnson helmet and ban Jupinka for life from the NFBC instead and I'll sign up on the spot. :D

Glenn

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:26 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
One thing I've noticed in both the pay and mock drafts I've done is the sense of urgency to get a stud QB may be at an all-time high. If you want to get one of the first 7 (Brees, Rogers, Peyton, Brady, Romo, Schaub and Rivers) you better not wait too long. Are people over-reacting or is this the move to make given how important the QB position is both in the NFL and in the NFFC with 6 points per TD pass? i did online championship last nite and got phillip rivers in 6th round.. ! i was jumping for JOY. and yes in the NFFC leagues
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com