OT: Official Statement From FFOC Ending Its Event

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:56 am

I agree with the others as well. Let's move it and get some momentum going for this coming season. It's great to be talking football again here. In fact, I might add that the boards probably have never been better than they are right now. No bickering - just great football discussion. Let's keep it going!

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:59 am

Greg and I agree that moving the thread is a good idea since this continues to be a non-NFFC issue.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:47 am

Actually to be accurate, no one forced this on the boards. Tom was the topic starter and listed it under NFFC discussion.

Part of the reason I play NFFC is because Tom and Greg are willing to put such issues for discussion on the boards and not censure them or let any member(s) determine what should be on it.

The individuals who made personal attacks on others were the problem here, not the subject.

Now, more importantly, I have to stuff the ballot box in this week's elections to make sure the city of Santa Clara brings the 49ers to their rightful home...next to Great America Theme Park!

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:22 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
Any updates FFOC site still down.
Any players receive any checks?

Thanks,

John Not yet John, but I did get a letter from Ed McMahon telling me I may have won a million dollars!!
[/QUOTE]Funny you posted this, because one guy did win a million dollars. I hope he gets all his money as well as I hope that the 136 players that won there Leagues get paid as well.

I'm happy this Topic was moved, it only made sense.

Good Luck again to all the winners!

John

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:07 am

Another week goes by. Same questions I have to ask:

Any updates? FFOC site still down.
Any players receive any checks?

Thanks,

John

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Today I received a $180 check from the FFOC enclosed with a letter stating the following:

"Dear Glenn,

As you're likely aware in light of our prior notifications on www.ffoc.com, Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc. was forced to make the regrettable decision to shut down its game for the upcoming 2010 season. While it has been a privilege to operate our leagues over the past two seasons, we were simply unable to survive the economic climate.

Prior to closing our doors, we have done our best to reward all of the previous winners, including, for example, paying the $180.00 cash prize to the 136 T2 league winners who opted to take a 2010 Tier 3 entry in lieu of monetary consideration. These payments are presently being processed. To those of you who anticipated free entrees for the 2010 season, the lack of a 2010 season will preclude the fulfillment of your expectation. We apologize for any disappointment. We too are dispirited by this result and our inability to continue our operations.

We want to thank all of you who have played in our leagues, and hope that we offered some excitement over the past two seasons. Thanks for all your kind words and support, and best of luck in all of your fantasy endeavors.

Sincerely,
Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc."

I'm pleasantly surprised to have received the check, but disappointed that no compensation will be made for the free teams I won.

There's no reason to speculate any further. I am now putting this behind me and moving on.

Glenn

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 pm

Good to hear that you got some of your winnings Glenn. Its very sad to hear that I will never see any money from the five free teams that I won. :( :( :( :(

However at least I got paid the money for finishing tenth overall in Vegas and the other money for winning a few leagues.

[ June 24, 2010, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:59 am

The whole situation sucks Matt. At least we now know where we stand.

Good luck in football this year and for the balance of your baseball season. By the way, if you want to drop a bit in our baseball Super league, I wouldn't complain. ;)

Catch you soon,
Glenn

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:19 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Today I received a $180 check from the FFOC enclosed with a letter stating the following:

"Dear Glenn,

As you're likely aware in light of our prior notifications on www.ffoc.com, Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc. was forced to make the regrettable decision to shut down its game for the upcoming 2010 season. While it has been a privilege to operate our leagues over the past two seasons, we were simply unable to survive the economic climate.

Prior to closing our doors, we have done our best to reward all of the previous winners, including, for example, paying the $180.00 cash prize to the 136 T2 league winners who opted to take a 2010 Tier 3 entry in lieu of monetary consideration. These payments are presently being processed. To those of you who anticipated free entrees for the 2010 season, the lack of a 2010 season will preclude the fulfillment of your expectation. We apologize for any disappointment. We too are dispirited by this result and our inability to continue our operations.

We want to thank all of you who have played in our leagues, and hope that we offered some excitement over the past two seasons. Thanks for all your kind words and support, and best of luck in all of your fantasy endeavors.

Sincerely,
Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc."

I'm pleasantly surprised to have received the check, but disappointed that no compensation will be made for the free teams I won.

There's no reason to speculate any further. I am now putting this behind me and moving on.

Glenn That's Great Glenn!

1 down 135 to go. Plus one winner of 700,000.

John

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Good to hear that you got some of your winnings Glenn. Its very sad to hear that I will never see any money from the five free teams that I won. :( :( :( :(

However at least I got paid the money for finishing tenth overall in Vegas and the other money for winning a few leagues. I received the same letter today with no checks for the 5 leagues won and 11 teams owed to me