Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:15 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:
Fantasy QBs

Elite - Rodgers - Brees - Brady - Cam - P Manning?
Top - Stafford - E Manning - Rivers - Romo
Good - Ryan - Cutler - Vick - Big Ben - Tebow -
Avg - Schaub? - Palmer - Locker - Sanchez - Flacco -Dalton - Fitz - A Smith

I see a lot of upside in Stafford, Tebow, Locker
I see a lot of downside in P Manning, Schaub, Vick

Then you have Luck, but who knows if he plays his first year or not. If Manning is there and healthy, Manning plays.

Based upon fantasy numbers, I see Tebow being #11 or #12 off the board, with a combo being with Locker, Palmer, or Flacco. If you decide to make your strategy getting 3 top receivers and 2 decent RBs, along with a decent TE, 7th round could get you Tebow with upside. I would take that team. lol @ Stafford not elite...
[/QUOTE]TR - do you have to argue about everything? I dont believe Stafford is drafted in the elite. Yes his numbers from 2011 were up there, but he was injury prone and I believe Cam is drafted before him. There is a cutoff line. I could have put Eli in the elite as well as his numbers were up there. Nothing is exact, but obviously you have a need to argue the opposite, so be it. If it satisfies you, put Stafford in the elite. Still doesnt change the point I was trying to make.

[ January 10, 2012, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Al R G ]

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:42 am

More proof that Tebow is a huge story that's transcending the NFL. This is a Tweet from NFL PR chief Greg Aiello about the Tebows-Steelers game on Sunday:

It was most-watched game of season, most-watched Wild Card game ever w/42.4 million viewers, & most-watched TV program since Super Bowl XLV.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 am

The highest-rated TV program in history featured the Packers in the Super Bowl. The highest-rated TV program since then featured Tebow.

It's safe to say the NFL would drool all over themselves if the Packers and Tebow met in the Super Bowl.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:51 am

Maybe even if the Packers meet THE BRONCOS - unless you're referring to some oddball 56 vs. 1 player type of game?

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:00 am

I could be mistaken, but I think it's safe to assume all those TV viewers weren't tuning in cuz they were Willis McGahee fans. :D

And Paul, this is why there's a 50-page thread on Tebow. He's clearly transcended the NFL. He's become a huge story. The fact his presence is helping set TV records is proof of that. This is the second time he's been a part of a record-setting program. The first game against the Patriots also set some TV records.

Tebow brings more viewers. People are tuning in to watch him play and he set Twitter on fire with his game-winning TD on Sunday.

[ January 10, 2012, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:38 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I could be mistaken, but I think it's safe to assume all those TV viewers weren't tuning in cuz they were Willis McGahee fans. :D

And Paul, this is why there's a 50-page thread on Tebow. He's clearly transcended the NFL. He's become a huge story. The fact his presence is helping set TV records is proof of that. This is the second time he's been a part of a record-setting program. The first game against the Patriots also set some TV records.

Tebow brings more viewers. People are tuning in to watch him play and he set Twitter on fire with his game-winning TD on Sunday. I wonder if Demaryius Thomas's Twitter blew up on Sunday after he did most of the work on that game winning TD pass? :D
Go Big Red!

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 am

Tebow brings more viewers. People are tuning in to watch him play and he set Twitter on fire with his game-winning TD on Sunday. From what I read, there were more tweets per second after the Tebow overtime throw than the royal wedding and Steve Jobs passing away, combined. This weeks game will put up epic numbers. The fact that Tebow has not only transcended the game but has changed the way people view football. More women are interested in what is going on and people who do not care about sports are watching. They want to see Tebow do well (or not do well, if you are on that side of the fence). He's got it. Love him or hate him.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:41 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
I wonder if Demaryius Thomas's Twitter blew up on Sunday after he did most of the work on that game winning TD pass? :D Who?

:D
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:01 am

Tebow brings more viewers. People are tuning in to watch him play and he set Twitter on fire with his game-winning TD on Sunday. Steelers, Pats, Packers all bring in the viewers...I didn't hear anything about record ratings when tebow faced the chiefs and bills...bills game didnt even sellout despite all the tebow hype. I bet a Steelers-Pats playoff game would have got higher ratings and more interest than denver-texans/ravens/bengals...

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 am

We can definitely speculate on what might have been. Anything's possible, I suppose. But what we do know is Tebow-Brady set records and Tebow vs. the Steelers set even more records. The common denominator there is Tebow. Whether people like it or not or are willing to accept it or not, Tim Tebow is one of the biggest stories in the NFL this season. And it's clear based on the ratings/Twitter records that he's transcended the NFL.

Again, people don't have to like or agree with all the interest Tebow is getting. But the facts don't lie. This is a big story and has been for a long time. The NFL has to be loving the fact Tebow is still playing given the widespread interest he's generating.

My guess is ratings are going to be large for Tebow-Brady Redux on Saturday night. CBS has to be giddy about the potential Primetime ratings this game could generate.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich