Response to E-mail about future of this league

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 am

Here's an updated list and we'll stay on top of this through the weekend. If we get enough interest we'll find a way to get this done. If not, we'll certainly understand that a re-do is tough with everyone's time being so valuable. Thanks all and just e-mail Tom or me this weekend or post here and we'll stay on top of this:

Monday, Nov. 2nd, 7 ET
$650 Entry, NFBC Rules Apply
Position Eligibility As Stated On The Draft Site
1. Jeff Meyer
2. Scott Newman
3. Rey Diaz
4. Aaron Smith
5. Dylan Kolatzki
6. Jim Nicola
7. Will Tyrer

Monday, Nov. 2nd, 9 ET
1. Paul Spradling
2. Scott Newman

Tuesday, Nov. 3rd, 7 ET
1. Josh Blumenreich
2. Michael Cobb
3. Aaron Smith
4. Ross Kandel
5. Will Tyrer
6. Glenn Schroter
7. Ante Meich

Wednesday, Nov. 4th, 9 ET
1. Josh Blumenreich
2. Joe Ivy
3. Jim Nicola

[ October 30, 2009, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:04 am

I see a bunch of our NFBBC guys have formed a private league on Monday night, which is fine. It likely makes it tough for us to run the NFBBC with redrafts, but we'll see what the interest is even without those owners. Jim Ferrari is reaching out to everyone on our list from last season, so competing against ourselves doesn't make sense.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:08 am

Going forward in basketball there may be one easy solution to this contest: Why even have position eligibility requirements? Why not just allow owners to select 16 players and start any 12 each week? The different categories force owners to play big men and point guards, shooting guards and power forwards. Why force owners to start certain positions each week in a game that is so fluid from position to position?

Just a thought going forward.

Again, sorry about all the confusion today. We struck out on the original drafts, will admit our mistakes and not let it happen again.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:46 am

Okay, here's the plan for these redrafts and this is something that should have been done the first time. Just a total screwup on our part.

The official position eligibility list is going to be whatever is on MockDraftCentral.com. We will run all of these redrafts on MDC.com and their eligibility list is official. Anyone who is F/G or F/C will have dual eligibility. We will import that entire list into the Fanball.com commissioner product and set it up for dual eligibility on every player who has dual eligibility. This will not be a problem on the Fanball site.

I hope this helps. All stats will be retroactive once we've set starting lineups the day after the drafts. All leagues will have $1,000 FAAB. And with the dual eligibility properly in place now, we can stick with 4-G, 4-F, 2-C, 2-Flex as we've had in the past.

This should have been set up this way in the first place, but we switched to MDC.com at the last minute when Tom and I moved offices. Totally our fault for not setting this up originally and instead going with the outdated Rototimes eligibility list. Totally our fault.

Okay, if we can fill up any of these leagues we'll move forward and host these drafts. Thanks all and again, sorry for the confusion today. We will run these leagues if we can fill them up and MDC will provide the position eligibility.

2Rotties

Post by 2Rotties » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Greg/Tom put me in for Tuesday November 3rd @7pm....Ante

clatka36

Post by clatka36 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:22 pm

greg,
can you put me (chris latka) and my co-manager (richard kulaski) down for tuesday the 3rd @ 7pm as well
thanks chris

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Greg,

I'm not sure what others opinions are but... if we are starting all over from scratch, why make the stats retroactive? I know it will only be 1 week of stats but it's like the Don Mathis baseball league. Since we're starting all over, I'd prefer to have the stats start counting on the day after the draft. Retroactive stats = one less thing to worry about during the re-draft.

How do others feel about this? It's not a major issue but would prefer no retroactive stats.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:12 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Greg,

I'm not sure what others opinions are but... if we are starting all over from scratch, why make the stats retroactive? I know it will only be 1 week of stats but it's like the Don Mathis baseball league. Since we're starting all over, I'd prefer to have the stats start counting on the day after the draft. Retroactive stats = one less thing to worry about during the re-draft.

How do others feel about this? It's not a major issue but would prefer no retroactive stats. Retro, baby! :D

[ October 30, 2009, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: King of Queens ]

urmomz

Post by urmomz » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Yo Greg...mark me (Donny) & Pete Tryforos down for Tues. 7pm!!! :cool:
"Bumble Bee Tuna." - Ace Ventura