Idea to stop deadbeat owners

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:53 pm

He's pretty well known and doing well in the Classic.

I'm completely out of the running in three NFFC leagues. But in Week 11, because of injuries and byes, all three of these teams would not be able to field starting lineups at kicker, TE, or WR. I spent a fair bit of time putting in WW bids in these leagues in order to pick up available players so that I could field a full, respectable team.

Anyone who doesn't do that, even if they have no chance of winning anything in that league, is a bum and a loser. They have no respect for the other players or the spirit of the game itself. I would never want to gain the reputation of doing that. I have a list of people who have, though.

Maybe more Owners would stop this behavior if they knew their names would be posted on the MB after abandoning their teams.

[ November 21, 2011, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 am

Hmmmm, seems people think the deadbeat owner issue is a real one.

For the record, the first place team in my league got the chance to play a team who started a bye week player and another player who was inactive. Then, after kickoff that bye week player was removed which made me assume he was having computer problems and maybe reached out to Greg/Tom to fix his lineup. He was replaced by another inactive player while two active players (and viable starts) were sitting on his bench.

The first place team won by about 3 points locking up the h2h title in the league.

No one is saying the problem can be totally solved. It certainly could be improved upon.

Shrink, you may be on to something. Maybe if quitter owners who profoundly hurt the competitive integrity of the game were to be highlighted as that type of owner, we would see less of it.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:26 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Hmmmm, seems people think the deadbeat owner issue is a real one.

For the record, the first place team in my league got the chance to play a team who started a bye week player and another player who was inactive. Then, after kickoff that bye week player was removed which made me assume he was having computer problems and maybe reached out to Greg/Tom to fix his lineup. He was replaced by another inactive player while two active players (and viable starts) were sitting on his bench.

The first place team won by about 3 points locking up the h2h title in the league.

No one is saying the problem can be totally solved. It certainly could be improved upon.

Shrink, you may be on to something. Maybe if quitter owners who profoundly hurt the competitive integrity of the game were to be highlighted as that type of owner, we would see less of it. James, please have your facts straight before making accusations like that. Nobody here changed anyone's lineup. When you have the Live Scoring window open before kickoff the lineups don't change for you until you close that window and reopen. All you saw was the same starting lineup in your open window and once you went out and came back in you saw the changes those owners made. Nobody at the NFFC changed anyone's lineup and it's irresponsible for anyone to post that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 am

Greg,

Accusations? Huh? I wasn't complaining that a lineup was changed after kickoff. I in no way was implying it was even a bad thing. Even though that wasn't my point, if it was, I would be implying it was a GOOD thing. I assumed the owner was having computer problems and called in a lineup change. I would assume if I was having a computer crisis I could call you or Tom and you guys could adjust a lineup in the event of an emergency.

That isn't even the point anyway. The point, which was echoed by the 4 posters before me, is the deadbeat owner topic that isn't being fueled by me. I just gave an example of where an owner who threw in the towel gave a win to someone who locked up the h2h title because of it.