QB points

TR

Re: QB points

Post by TR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
TR wrote:I think if NFFC went back to the original format of allowing only 2 teams from each league to make the main event so u have about 1 in 60 shot would drastically reduce alot of this randomness. I wonder how many teams in top 10 were teams that finished 3rd in their leagues...
You can easily see this in every national contest by just clicking on the league hyperlink within the Overall Standings. Every league pops up and you can see how many third place teams are in the Top 10 of their Championship Rounds. I don't understand, now we want fewer teams in the Championship Round?? I thought earlier folks were asking for a 3rd team in the Championship Round of the Online Championship. I'm confused.
I see it now Greg, looks like 2 in the top 10 at the moment. I never asked for a 3rd team in the Championship Round, but I can see how the owners with with 5-10 or even more teams would want that as it would enhance their shot at the overall prize...give them alot more room 4 error and ability to gamble on more players.

TR

Post by TR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:20 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:I get it that you want QBs to play a large role, but it makes it easy to cover up a poor weekly TEAM performance
You can say the exact same thing about the NFL. If you have a big-time quarterback or one putting up big-time numbers (like Josh McCown was, for example) that can go a long way toward covering up the other weaknesses on your team. While I think we all need to remember this is called "fantasy" football for a reason I don't see anything wrong with the quarterback production in our contests mirroring the type of results we see every week in the NFL.
I agree Tom...don't see anything wrong with quarterback production mirroring type of results we see every week in the NFL...just wish the RBs were doing the same with 0.5 pts per reception so that some of the best RBs like Adrian Peterson who gets 100 + yards a week on like 20 rushes has bigger advantage over a 3rd down back who gets the same pts on like 5 passes for half the yards...when Peterson having the far bigger impact on his real team's performance.

Cocktails and Dreams

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:27 pm

TR wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:
TR wrote:I think if NFFC went back to the original format of allowing only 2 teams from each league to make the main event so u have about 1 in 60 shot would drastically reduce alot of this randomness. I wonder how many teams in top 10 were teams that finished 3rd in their leagues...
You can easily see this in every national contest by just clicking on the league hyperlink within the Overall Standings. Every league pops up and you can see how many third place teams are in the Top 10 of their Championship Rounds. I don't understand, now we want fewer teams in the Championship Round?? I thought earlier folks were asking for a 3rd team in the Championship Round of the Online Championship. I'm confused.
I see it now Greg, looks like 2 in the top 10 at the moment. I never asked for a 3rd team in the Championship Round, but I can see how the owners with with 5-10 or even more teams would want that as it would enhance their shot at the overall prize...give them alot more room 4 error and ability to gamble on more players.

I think good middle ground in both primetime and online championship is a third team only gets in if they had more points than the best record team.

TR

Post by TR » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:33 pm

I see it now Greg, looks like 2 in the top 10 at the moment. I never asked for a 3rd team in the Championship Round, but I can see how the owners with with 5-10 or even more teams would want that as it would enhance their shot at the overall prize...give them alot more room 4 error and ability to gamble on more players.[/quote]

I think good middle ground in both primetime and online championship is a third team only gets in if they had more points than the best record team.[/quote]

I totally agree and think this is very fair.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:40 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I think good middle ground in both primetime and online championship is a third team only gets in if they had more points than the best record team.
IOW, always assure that the top two scoring teams make it, but no further (by points). That makes sense - except we wouldn't have made it by that rule this year, so screw that! :P

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:57 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote: I think good middle ground in both primetime and online championship is a third team only gets in if they had more points than the best record team.
I feel if any team accrues enough points to qualify for the overall championship, they should play for the league prize.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Cocktails and Dreams wrote:I think good middle ground in both primetime and online championship is a third team only gets in if they had more points than the best record team.
TR wrote:I totally agree and think this is very fair.
But isn't the 39 points McCown would've scored in a standard format enough to give that feeling of "mirroring the NFL"? He still would've been the top QB week 14 (probably by 8+ points), and only 5 RB/WR/TE even broke 30. Only 28 RB/WR/TE broke 20. Isn't that enough of a gap, considering we start 10 players and getting (in many cases) 25-30% of a fantasy team's production maybe shouldn't come from just one player?
Last edited by Sandman62 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Just for the record I didn't ask for the scoring to be changed. I just said that I prefer the other. I also don't believe that fantasy football ever has or should resemble NFL scoring. It's just not really that relative.

The NFFC always has been a QB heavy league and that's fine. Just like you could make a case that the QB isn't all that important in the FFWC because of the 11 starters. And for the record, I'm not making some knee jerk reaction here and I haven't been victimized anywhere this year by McCown or any other QB that went off in the playoffs. I have always said that I preferred the 4 points per passing TD. I assume it will be 6 points next year and it's not that big of deal. You either get lucky during the 3 week race on the QB scoring or you don't.

Wayne

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:15 am

I was not a fan of -2 for INT. Would love to see that changed back to -1. Everything else seemed fine as it was.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

TR

Post by TR » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:15 am

Henry Muto wrote:I was not a fan of -2 for INT. Would love to see that changed back to -1. Everything else seemed fine as it was.
I'd keep it -2...QB stats already inflated enough in today's passing league.