Week 1 FAAB

nolencole

Week 1 FAAB

Post by nolencole » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:26 pm

M. Vick for $71 is the lowest I have seen so far.

Does anyone know if the other bids will be up or even second bid. Last year we saw the 2nd highest , but no name.

AA
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

bald is beautiful

Week 1 FAAB

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Originally posted by mattjb:
i have to say i'm stunned at the high bids people have been throwing around.... At least one person says this every year. :D

And every year I see people with $$$ left over at the end of the year.

particra

Week 1 FAAB

Post by particra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:
One thing that's always true is that there are never any major injuries after Week 1 in the NFL. Might as well blow 70% of your FAAB on Mark Clayton and Brandon Lloyd Or you can save your entire budget to buy the Seattle defense week 16. :eek:

Send me a pm when a sure thing comes along on the waiver wire. One guy who is a very good FF player bid 985 on Clayton in the classic. I respect him for taking a shot. I can remember several years when I kept my money and wish I would have put in a "crazy" bid for some no name player that ended up breaking out that year.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]I'm certainly not advocating saving your money, but this is Mark Clayton for God's sake. He's a 28 year old WR with a rookie QB and a track record of mediocrity who had a fluky week. Spending $985 on him is dumb under any circumstance.

Glenneration X

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 pm

I lost Mark Clayton by one stinkin dollar in the Primetime. Gotta love it.

Glenn

mattjb

Week 1 FAAB

Post by mattjb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
i have to say i'm stunned at the high bids people have been throwing around.... At least one person says this every year. :D

And every year I see people with $$$ left over at the end of the year.
[/QUOTE]i'll spend it...

BLACKHAND

Week 1 FAAB

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:32 pm

there will be a mark clayton next week. stay tuned. :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:
One thing that's always true is that there are never any major injuries after Week 1 in the NFL. Might as well blow 70% of your FAAB on Mark Clayton and Brandon Lloyd Or you can save your entire budget to buy the Seattle defense week 16. :eek:

Send me a pm when a sure thing comes along on the waiver wire. One guy who is a very good FF player bid 985 on Clayton in the classic. I respect him for taking a shot. I can remember several years when I kept my money and wish I would have put in a "crazy" bid for some no name player that ended up breaking out that year.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]I'm certainly not advocating saving your money, but this is Mark Clayton for God's sake. He's a 28 year old WR with a rookie QB and a track record of mediocrity who had a fluky week. Spending $985 on him is dumb under any circumstance.
[/QUOTE]I"m sure you know more about it than I do but every year somebody ends up breaking out and the person buying that player is criticized for spending too much. Heck, if I knew it was going to be Clayton I would have bid $1,000 on him. I bid anywhere from about 70 to 500 depending on my need at WR. I guess that just makes me half dumb! :D Now I"m really hoping he goes off this year!!! Hehe

Wayne

Sandman62

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:39 pm

I think we generally see more RBs pop up on waivers as the season goes on as starters go down and we then learn who the RB4s on NFL teams are. But in the first couple weeks, a lot of receivers tend to breakout or get opps due to injury (i.e. 2008 Lance Moore and Breaston, last year Garcon, Wallace, etc.).

I don't have a problem blowing big chunks early and just saving enough to get through bye weeks. I've kicked myself more than once for cheaping out early and watch guys breakout on someone else's team.

Hence, our spending over $200 on Stephen Freakin' Williams in a couple leagues! :eek: And we have Fitz in a few leagues too. But we drafted Doucet and wish to try out his replacement. Who knows? Maybe it'll be money well spent?

Coltsfan

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...uhm, simply curious but am I the ONLY one here who actually prefers Brandon Lloyd to Mark Clayton (for a variety of reasons) or not?...boy, do I LOVE being in the minority sometimes ...GK I didn't even bid $1 on Lloyd anywhere. I really don't see it but who knows. Anything is possible. I guess the difference is I don't see Lloyd becoming the number one WR in Denver this year while I could see Clayton being the WR1.

Wayne