What Are Your Thoughts On Bidding For Draft Slots?

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:27 am

ted...

i saw the entire concept spelled out by greg on the other thread... i now understand it clearer and like it...

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:58 pm

Originally posted by Liquid_Madness:
I believe the blind bidding system is not one for the "masses"...

A) It would probably be a deterrent to "newbies" thinking of joining... it would become a barrier to entry... especially if a guy has never dealt with blind bidding on a wiaver basis - putting a clause in there about draft picks would blow his mind

B) I don't like the way it would be handled if teams tied in bidding...

I believe its better as a secondary "high-level/elite" league for those who feel they are above the random order selection process... leave the Random selection for the mass event - and do a side league for "veterans" that want to try a blind-bid draft order process

from a Marketing standpoint... if you want to continue to grow the popularity of this league... making a complicated drafting system that is unusual to most people outside the league - is not the best way... I disagree that it would discourage people from joining, as you would have something in the industry that NO ONE else has!

I like the idea more and more each day!

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:06 pm

I think "newbies" can be intimidated coming out from their local buddies fantasy league into a $1250 league with some professionals in the industry participating... making the event as simple as possible and as close to what these guys are used to in their local leagues is important...

i think the idea greg proposed to allow us some control over where we are slotted in the draft is better then a blind bidding thing that would leave new owners wondering what in the world to do....

hoof

Post by hoof » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:03 pm

I prefer utilizing FAAB's on the waiver wire instead of bidding for draft spots. The waiver wire is what can make an also ran team into a contender,ie.it keeps more people in the game.However, a 14 team league diminishes the wire to not much. I played WCOFF this year and was amazed at what an event it is and how smoothly 60-12 team leagues drafted. I much prefer 12 team leagues with a waiver wire that allows for productive players throuhgout most of the season. It just plane keeps more people having fun for the whole season. Why does WCOFF sell out early each year.?? Please don't take this wrong as I am a devotee to NFFC and you can't get any better leaders than Tom and Greg. Just trying to put thoughts out there to Make NFFC a still better event. KISS will enable NFFC to grow with all levels of players. HOOf