robert meachem

Sandman62

robert meachem

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:49 pm

But if they have a PRECEDENT and they wish to rule using it, isn't that their call? (I'm not affected by any Meachem points either.)

Henry Muto

robert meachem

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:06 pm

No way the NEW ORLEANS DF should get credit for this TD...no way on earth they get credit for the TD they are on the sidelines folks the offense is on the field. It is a TD for Meachem but no yardage is awarded on the play. Look back at 2003 and you will see McCardell did the same thing and he got a fumble recovery for a TD. You can not score a TD when you are not on the field. It is a travesty if the NO DF gets the TD and Meachem does not. I am sorry but that is terrible rule if it goes to the DF. They are not even on the field. Horrible rule needs to be changed next year. You can not score when your not on the field. Tom you can not count this is a defensive TD they are not on the field. So what if a player throws an INT then fumbles that means once a TO happens it will always be a DEF score that isn't right. This needs to be fixed. Terrible rule if the DF gets the TD.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

bobsgym13

robert meachem

Post by bobsgym13 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Originally posted by Henry Muto:
No way the NEW ORLEANS DF should get credit for this TD...no way on earth they get credit for the TD they are on the sidelines folks the offense is on the field. It is a TD for Meachem but no yardage is awarded on the play. Look back at 2003 and you will see McCardell did the same thing and he got a fumble recovery for a TD. You can not score a TD when you are not on the field. It is a travesty if the NO DF gets the TD and Meachem does not. I am sorry but that is terrible rule if it goes to the DF. They are not even on the field. Horrible rule needs to be changed next year. You can not score when your not on the field. Tom you can not count this is a defensive TD they are not on the field. So what if a player throws an INT then fumbles that means once a TO happens it will always be a DEF score that isn't right. This needs to be fixed. Terrible rule if the DF gets the TD. The defense WAS on the field - the offense became the defense.

Which team made the tackle and forced the fumble? Are you saying it was an offensive tackle?

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

Henry Muto

robert meachem

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:15 pm

The rule needs changed. In MFL they awarded it an offensive TD for meachem no yardage and no TD for NO. They got it right. NFFC got it wrong. It's that simple. Anyone with common sense can see the NO DF standing on the sidelines. By the way to be clear I have no dog in this fight as I don't own either Meachem or NO or did I play against either. I am using logic and common sense that if NO DF starts on the sidelines they can't score a TD. Rule needs changed for the future.

Sandman62

robert meachem

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:17 pm

So when the FANTASY DST loses points because their offense throws a pick for a TD, isn't the DEFENSE on the sidelines too?

Henry Muto

robert meachem

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm

WCFF ruled Meachem TD, NO DF no TD...is NFFC the only high stakes to award it the other way ?

chriseibl

robert meachem

Post by chriseibl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Originally posted by d&g:
greg and tom your problem here is your rules do not cover this and you two do not want to admit this
bottom line is you have a judgement call here and you two are taking the easy way out
i will be honest with you i started this topic because i do have meachem but i will probably lose my game even if you do give me the points for meachem but i am playing for 2500 tonight

my take on this topic is very simple if you do not have a rule for this spelled out in the rules which you don't then everyone should get the points was. def.=2 saints def.=2 and meachem=6 this way no one gets hurt

gerard i disagree, this was mentioned earlier in the thread but it's specifically addressed with the term "offensive fumble". whatever the nfl rule book says, it's clear the intent that was implied by inserting the word "offensive" there. otherwise that word wouldn't be there.

i have no bias here, i just think the nffc rules are quite clear on the issue.

Sandman62

robert meachem

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Originally posted by Henry Muto:
WCFF ruled Meachem TD, NO DF no TD...is NFFC the only high stakes to award it the other way ? They may be and maybe they should change it... NEXT year.

ultimatefs

robert meachem

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
quote:The NFL rules have nothing to do with the NFFC and it's written rules.You're not serious, are you? EVERY NFL rule effects the fantasy rules and how they get interpreted or you end up playing in a league like your little local league for $40.

The NFFC rules are CLEAR.

Rick ... it is not "like you" to try to change the rules mid stream to fit your needs. What gives?

MikeRead NFL Rule 3, Section 35 as posted in this thread on page 2 or 3 and then see if you want to retract this statement. Fact is, based on the rule, Meacham was an offensive player when he scored on his fumble return and not a defensive player. Therefore, his 6 points shouldn't count for the Saints D and in fact, if you want to be consistent with NFL rules, should count for Meacham. Period, end of discussion. I'm not trying to change anything except the scoring of the play because the NFFC currently has it wrong, not according to me, but according to the NFL.

Is the problem that you folks can't grasp the concept of Meacham turning back into an offensive player after the second change of possession on that play? The rule states "Team A is the offense when the down starts, but becomes the defense if and when Team B secures possession during the down, AND VICE VERSA FOR EACH CHANGE OF POSSESSION". The last 8 words in the rule change Meacham from a defensive player at the time of his takeaway back to an offensive player at the time of his td. Seems pretty simple and cut and dry to me. [/QUOTE]He took the ball away as a defensive player defending his goal and should get credit like any other player that is defending his goal.

Your interpretation means there can never be any points given for DEF INT/FR TD's because they instantly become offensive players.

I'll side with that the NFL has scored this as a defensive TD all 25 years I've been playing and running leagues.

It's ONLY a few large operators that decided to change the way it has been scored. Some of us agree with the way the NFL has always done it forever in that when you are defending your goal, you are on defense.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.