Who Wants To Be In An Auction?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:53 am

Originally posted by boutrous11:
I like Hackett as a 3 and Jennings as a 4 (not 2 and 3 where you have them) and don't like Jackson as a 1. So, yeah, those are weak wrs.

rbs like that can carry you though.

are there any $ auction satellites on here? Sent you a PM about an auction satellite.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:07 am

A healthy DJax is a strong WR1 in my opinion. But I agree he's better suited to be a WR2. I think Hackett and Jennings are both solid WR3s. The lack of a standout WR is definitely an issue. Good thing this is a mock.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:39 am

I'll post mine since it was a free mock, and gonna be in the Mag in less than a month for people to critique;

QB- Carson Palmer $25
QB- Jason Campbell $1

RB- Willis McGahee $44
RB- Travis Henry $42
RB- Leon Washington $4
RB- Adrian Peterson $2
RB- Mike Anderson $2

WR- Anquan Boldin $31
WR- Plaxico Burress $20
WR- Santonio Holmes $8
WR- Brandon Jones $7
WR- Derrick Mason $2
WR- Marty Booker $1
WR- Ashley Lelie $1

TE- Kellen Winslow $6
TE- Daniel Graham $2

K- Olindo Mare $1

D- Denver $2

Although it won't be played out, I like this team. Winslow would be the key as if he is healthy, this team would contend IMO.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:45 am

One thing that I found interesting was how there were really no bargains at WR but there were great bargains at QB and RB - especially at QB. Wide receivers seemed to go for a higher price in my opinion while there were a lot of great values to be found at QB and RB.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:53 am

I agree Tom, but I feel some of the values at RB were very good (Westbrook for one), and it seems after the top 5 QB's they normally are ALL bargains.

I like what you did with Cutler and Favre, and thankfully for you this won't be played out as due to his higher salary and allegiance to Favre, Jay would be wrongfully sitting on the pine! :D

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:55 am

Hey Billy, I thought there were some great values at RB and QB. Yea I'm happy with three you named (and Bush) but there were quite a few others. I don't recall a single WR who I would view as a real good value buy.

Oh and make sure Greg doesn't read this :D but Cutler would be my QB1 going into the season if this were a live league. Favre would be the backup.

[ July 05, 2007, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:12 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Hey Billy, I thought there were some great values at RB and QB. Yea I'm happy with three you named (and Bush) but there were quite a few others. I don't recall a single WR who I would view as a real good value buy.

Oh and make sure Greg doesn't read this :D but Cutler would be my QB1 going into the season if this were a live league. Favre would be the backup. That's funny Tom. :D
Aren't auctions great! Billy and I were talking after the draft about how much better your top 5 can be in an auction.

No way in a standard draft you get Westbrook and Bush...but in an auction....

Billy got McGahee and Henry..a combo that we'll likely see a few times this season... but Palmer, Boldin and Burress??? In the main event you gotta choose 1! No way will anyone get 2 of those guys to team up with the above mentioned RB's.

Billy actually got 5 of the top 35-40 players. Wow!

WEBER could've ruled this draft had he been able to get in on a better QB and a couple of the RB bargains.

Auctions are definately the most fun IMO.

I was also surprised at the bargains at TE. After Gates there was alot of good value.

[ July 05, 2007, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Route C ]

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 pm

QB Vick 3 and Losman 1 and Shaub 1
RB: Morency 11 , Jackson9 , Lendale White 5 and Chris henry 3
RB: Fred Taylor 19
WR: Lee Evans 27
WR: M. Harrison35
WR: D. Driver 27
WR: H. Ward 22 (Flex)
TE: V. Davis 9
Def: who cares.lol.
K.: rackers 1, pittsburgh 1
REs: L. Coles 20 (very good reserve)
RES Curry 1 (great sleeper)
RES: J. Stevens 1 (good backup) new team

Ok, at 1st glance, your like wow running backs? but bottom line, if this were real league, i'd easily nail down at least 1 starter out of the GB Combo and the TN Combo. If i were lucky i'd get 2 starters out of those 2 starters which along with taylor would be serviceable.

Receivers by far best in this league and have more depth with Coles and Curry.

Good TE: Good Kicker and Good Defense..

- i've been in 3 straight WCOFF LCG's with similar teams. You don't need stud RB's to win these auction leagues. would i probably change it up a bit in real draft in August, sure, but this along with Boutrous' team has the most depth..

Oh yea, Mike Vick at 3 bucks, if he plays steal of the draft if he is in jail, then 2 serviceable qb's.. again last 3 years, i drafted Alex Smith and Lossman, and a lot worse and still won..

alot of fun tom.. review away guys..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:26 pm

and Route C, you are absolutely right, looking back i should have chosen one of these 3 guys in the 30's for RB's

Caddy Williams
Cedric Benson
Thomas Jones.

i land one of those guys i 'd be best team, i should have used that extra money, i used it later on when there were no backs left to grab coles.. that was the only error i made i believe. Qbs.. tough to draft them now with the Vick thing Going on. i never spend more then 5 or 7 bucks on a QB.. although this year maybe i'lldraft manning or palmer to change it up..lol NOT>>> see you have something on me NY, i don't care, thats no secret..lol.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:37 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
One thing that I found interesting was how there were really no bargains at WR but there were great bargains at QB and RB - especially at QB. Wide receivers seemed to go for a higher price in my opinion while there were a lot of great values to be found at QB and RB. Tom, I noticed a few teams went WR/WR in the drafts last year, and not only did they fair well, but they won some cash. I don't suggest this method, but it has worked for some teams. This trickles down in to the auction values. I think it won't be uncommon to see top WR's going for $39-$40 this year.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."