+*+ ROSTERS +*+

joeypar

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by joeypar » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:07 am

Yeah , I agree with you that Chris Brown's health and is the key to the group. I do like young talented receivers with big upside. However this group especially concerns because of the QB's each is playing with (except for Culpepper of course).

Thanks. Good luck this year!!!

renman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by renman » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:27 am

joe m,

not a bad team... i came up with 3 starting RB's with k. jones, l. jordan, and j.j. arrinton... and like you, i have young, up side WR's combined with a solid steady QB (hasselbeck). my main concern is similar to yours in that my WR's have question marks in terms of QB's and offensive system cohesion...

kretch!

i see your team is getting the respect it deserves... i thought you put together a strong squad... i think backing up greens and his leg issues with palmer was a smart move and proved the right one given the run on QB's.... should be a great season... i have that post draft depression that reminds me of when you are a kid on christmas morning and opened all your presents and now have nothing to do...

edelman24

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by edelman24 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:37 am

New York League #4 Pick #12..RB depth is weak gotta have faith in the WR's

QB : Collins / Brooks

RB : Westbrook / T. Jones / Bettis/ Moats / Pittman

WR : R. Moss / D. Jackson / H. Ward / R. Smith / B. Johnson

TE: B. Franks / H. Miller

K : M. Vanderjact

D : Tampa Bay / Minnesota

renman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by renman » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:41 am

Originally posted by Nag':
Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. NAG,

though i am not sure i perfectly accomplished the above goal that you mentioned.. i came pretty close...

got the top ten QB in hasselbeck

got 3 starting RB's k. jones, l. jordan, arrington

nearly got 4 #1 or 1A wr's

a. johnson is a #1 WR
c. chambers is a #1 WR
l. evans is considered by many to be passing moulds this year
t. calico has major upside next to bennett

got the top ten TE in l.j. smith

now i know my team has warts just as all do. i could give a negative about every one of my WR's from johnsons stale offense, to chambers lack of QB production, to evans needing a young losman to produce, to calico's knees... so i am not saying my team is dominant by any means... and i have enough experience in fantasy football to know better then to talk smack when so many things can change...

but we all draft based on POTENTIAL and i do think my team comes close to what you sort said to start this thread... and by the way, i totally agree with what you said...

we have a mere 5 days from the day of the draft to the first kickoff and then all pre season, post draft analysis means zero... lol so it is fun to get the perspective and opinions of other knowledgeable fantasy minds on the teams we all put together "on paper" before 70% of it all changes... i honestly think one person has given an opinion on my team. i wonder if anyone really reads the other teams...lol

[ September 05, 2005, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

gomizzouman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by gomizzouman » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:53 am

Originally posted by The Next Big Thing:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] Barring extremely good fortune during the draft, every team is going to have a hole somewhere. Most of those holes will be at either the 3rd RB or the the 4th WR - which is basically the FLEX spot. Show me a team that has a legitimate THREE starting RBs and FOUR #1/1A wrs on their roster, coupled with a top 10 QB and a Top 10 TE and I'll be really impressed. almost...

plummer(top 10)
joey H.

mccalaster(10)
l.jordan (10)
c. taylor
pittman
a-train
m. morris
Fargas

wayne(10)
s. smith (10)
bruce (15)
t. taylor (25)

heap (3)

jets d (5)

stover (5)

this is my squad from the chicago 2, I think its pretty well rounded.

many "head scratcher" picks in this draft. What ever the guy was smoking that took mike anderson with the 6th pick...let me try some cause i could use a taste. I mean dude, he would have been available for you in the second. Me like most folks, think that this team im fielding is "top notch", and that chcago 2 is mine to lose. There is one squad with a alexander/chad j/harrisson combo i think will make some noise. i cant belive they let chad go in the 3erd. I got him pegged as the #2 recever this year. Any commments? am i delusional to think i got league chcago 2 rapped up before the first snap of the season? Anyways props to my league iv'e got a bunch of great guys in my league.

Anyone else laugh at the whole "moneymaker no show"? That was quite the sham. Who do you really think was drafting "the so called moneymaker team"
I'm starting to wonder if it ws all just a big publicity stunt. I'm guessing there was noone on the other end of the phone, or if the was it was probally moneymakers "maid" or something. And finally, how hard is it to get a couple of "decent broads" to work the draft boards? i mean the guy siiting across the table from me had a bigger rack than the girl working the draft board. Is it to much to ask for a little silicone next year? I mean iv'e found prostatutes in mexico that were easier on the eyes. If you want my help next year i'll swing by scores on friday night with a bag of some "devils drandruf" and i'll bring in some "good young talent", to work the boards. It's just a thought, since half of chicagos Draft board chicks were not qauilified for husler, and the other half were 40 year old men who probally play in one or two softball leagues, when there not debating on whether or not it's gonna be a "big mac" night, or whether or not 2 dozen crispie creams will give them a stomach ache.

anyways that was a little off topic but i'd like some "back patting" for my squad. It was my first year in the league and wasn't sure what to except.

I heard mike tysons in line for next years celebrity "phone drafter".
[/QUOTE]Yeah, I would say you have it all wrapped up! In fact, I ran your team through my Nathan Noy draft software v2.2 and it confirmed that you are the man to beat. I am sure the humor is lost on you because this is your first year, but Nathan Noy was a MB regular last year and sealed his fate with a bottom third of the league finish by proclaiming victory before the games started.

Seriously, I do believe you have a team that grades out in the top half of the league. Heap would concern me as I have lived that nightmare over and over. If he doesn't trip over the sideline you might be okay. I don't see how you could have him ranked third over Witten. The rest of your team looks very solid and if Jamal Lewis gets hurt you will be in great shape at runningback.

I drafted next to you in the 11 spot.
QB-Green, Griese
RB-Arrington, Dunn, Gore, Pearman, Fason, Goings
WR-Moss, Holt, Mason, Galloway, Toomer, M. Robinson
TE-Shockey
K-Vinatieri
DEF-Ravens, Bucs

I may be a complete idiot for taking two receivers in the first two rounds. I am seriuosly exposed at runningback. However, if Arrington and Dunn can just perform or if I can get an injury or performance issue to Taylor/Barlow then I might be okay?

Thoughts anyone? I know it is risky.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

bad boyz

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by bad boyz » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:57 am

I think it will be very difficult to win with those running backs. I think there are some high school teams in Texas that currently have a better "o" line than the Cards. Arrington will find it very, very difficult to run. I for one am not a Dunn fan at all. With the emergence of Duckett and the threat of Vick to always take it in himself, I think TD's will be scarce for Dunn. That being said you have sick wideouts, a top flight TE, great kicker and defense so who knows. Just my take.

gomizzouman

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by gomizzouman » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:12 am

Originally posted by bad boyz:
I think it will be very difficult to win with those running backs. I think there are some high school teams in Texas that currently have a better "o" line than the Cards. Arrington will find it very, very difficult to run. I for one am not a Dunn fan at all. With the emergence of Duckett and the threat of Vick to always take it in himself, I think TD's will be scarce for Dunn. That being said you have sick wideouts, a top flight TE, great kicker and defense so who knows. Just my take. I agree it sure isn't pretty in the backfield. I will have some long Sundays watching those two guys. I have never been a Dunn fan, but he quietly was about the 15th best scoring back last year. He will never even think about being a top flight back, but I just need him to be a role player. If Moss can go off on Thursday night then I will feel a lot better about testing the George Costanza reverse draft theory.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

TradeStar28

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:14 am

Originally posted by bad boyz:
I think it will be very difficult to win with those running backs. I think there are some high school teams in Texas that currently have a better "o" line than the Cards. Arrington will find it very, very difficult to run. I for one am not a Dunn fan at all. With the emergence of Duckett and the threat of Vick to always take it in himself, I think TD's will be scarce for Dunn. That being said you have sick wideouts, a top flight TE, great kicker and defense so who knows. Just my take. From FBG -

Warrick Dunn has never ranked below RB27 in his 7 year career. Last year he finished as the 15th best RB posting 1,106 rushing yards, 9 rushing TDs while adding 29 receptions for another 294 yards. His worst fantasy ranking (27th) came in 2003 when he managed to play in only 11 games. If Warrick stays healthy, he is a safe bet to outperform his RB28 draft slot.

Dont diss our Dunn ! :mad:
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

MGB MARTY

+*+ ROSTERS +*+

Post by MGB MARTY » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:21 am

NY#3 Pick#6

Had to take Manning with#1 cause if he went later say 7th-14th He would be coupled with a solid RB Thought I would get a decent RB in Rd #2 but choice was between Cadillac or Dunn Took Cadillac then at 3 knowing LJ would be gone took big gamble with him in 3rd round Feeling was that if he splits time with Priest he is stll a solid RB2 with upside when Priest Priest goes down Feeling was that to couple Manning with LJ RB#2 with possibility of LJ being a LT if Priest goes down was worth a #3 pick on him plus no other decent RBs were there Just trying to rationalize taking LJ in 3rd Anyway rest of team is as follows.

QB MANNING RAMSEY for the 1 week
RB C Wiliams L Johnson R Drougns T Henry C Taylor A Pearman
WR D Bennett L Fitzgerald M Jenkins S Parker R Ferguson C Moore
TE D Clark E kinney Troupe always injured
K Elam
Dee Vikes

Marty MGBS109 NY#3