Post by RedRyder » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:56 am

Originally posted by Old School:
KOTRAX AGREES TOO! HA!!! GOOD ONE!!! :D
@RedRyder

kjduke

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by kjduke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 am

Yeah HH, very good post.

I think most of us "get over ourselves" as we go along and come to regognize that we are part of the community and society at large, whereas when we are younger we are enamored with ourselves as distinct and separate from everything, and we try too hard to stand out such that we are viewed a certain way.

On a related matter, I am still holding out hope for kotrax. Like Shawn and Jules, I just skip over everything he says because I don't like his contextual shouting. At some point I gotta believe he will stop viewing himself as needing his CAP fetish to impress upon people that he is a maverick ;) , and realize that communicating is an art in which the goal is to put his ideas into a context that his readers can best understand rather than that which he, himself prefers. But I suppose expecting two long-term victories in one day is too much to ask. I'll take the bigger one for now. :cool:

Hard heads

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Hard heads » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Yeah HH, very good post.

I think most of us "get over ourselves" as we go along and come to regognize that we are part of the community and society at large, whereas when we are younger we are enamored with ourselves as distinct and separate from everything, and we try too hard to stand out such that we are viewed a certain way.

On a related matter, I am still holding out hope for kotrax. Like Shawn and Jules, I just skip over everything he says because I don't like his contextual shouting. At some point I gotta believe he will stop viewing himself as needing his CAP fetish to impress upon people that he is a maverick ;) , and realize that communicating is an art in which the goal is to put his ideas into a context that his readers can best understand rather than that which he, himself prefers. But I suppose expecting two long-term victories in one day is too much to ask. I'll take the bigger one for now. :cool: Thank KJ
On the Kotrax note, it is weird how some of us have our own idea of how to stand out. I don't understand the joy he gets in people admittedly ignoring him, but he has chosen a path and I guess he is happy with it? I don't go out of my way to skip his posts, but I will admit I have passed over them on occassion because it is annoying to stare at the "screaming" at me posts. Similar to the person who started this whole discussion. He(Glenn) may have had many good posts, but I probably skipped over half of them because I grew tired of listening to the other crap that was in over 90% of his postings.

Anyway, do you start Kevin Curtis or Matt Jones as your 3rd WR?

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:24 pm

It's good to see a lot of familiar faces on the boards again. I assume you folks were just lurkers for a bit. :D Glad to see that this thread has revealed the dark side of some of my customers and got plenty of things out in the open. It's a great start to a revived MB.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND (for you Kotrax)!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:35 pm

I don't really mind the KOTRAX posts because there is a guy on one of my car message board that can only type in CAPS while he is at work so all of his posts are like that. Everyone knows about it and no one says anything to him about "yelling" anymore. So you are ok in my book.

Side note, I would start Curtis over Jones this week.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

kjduke

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by kjduke » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:56 pm

Curtis if you need upside to go for a win, Matt Jones if a solid, mediocre performance with minimal risk is adequate. If risk isn't an issue, Curtis.

Hard heads

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Hard heads » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:03 pm

We have Curtis in and Jones on the bench as it is upside we seek.

Captain Hook

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:05 pm

Are there any SEC honks out there?

lumpy463

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by lumpy463 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:06 pm

I do not really care what anyone posts. To be honest I read them all as I like. Some people are inteesting. Some people are boring. Some people talk a lot on these boards with nothing to show for it. Some people hit the jackpot, and now think they are great. Some of the best players never post on thses boards. Some of the worst post all the time. Maybe the relationship to how much you post is inversely proportional to how bad you suck! Either way it is entertaining to me. If these boards sell the event, we are all in trouble.

The problem is the name recognition people get from these boards. You can suck!!! But if you post a lot, people know who you are. By default you are consdered good!

Intsead of policing these forums, figure out a way to rank the best of the best Greg. Start caling a spade a spade. Get people motivated to participate and take them down. Betweeen stats and other areas you got a much better place to spend your time.

Finally, muy LSU Tigers got their ass kicked. I am four margaritas in when I typed this. Sorry if I offended anyone. I will have Kyle post a reply as needed.

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

RedRyder

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by RedRyder » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:12 pm

GO VOLS!!!!
@RedRyder