Potential Scoring Change

CC's Desperados

Potential Scoring Change

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:24 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
I just wonder why it took 3 year and 10 weeks to bring up this subject. I'll repeat it again. Elias has made it a point this year to announce all stat changes on Thursday. I don't know if it's an official date or not but I do not remember it being this way on the past. It is my contention that as soon as this was realized - and it was pointed out by me a few weeks ago - the Wednesday date should have been pushed back to Thursday. This would've been the right thing to do for the sake of accurate stats and would've been welcomed by everyone (except for one person who thinks getting stats corrected isn't as important as setting FA bids). [/QUOTE]If this is the case, I see no reason why Greg wouldn't address this in the off season.

I know you want it to happen this week, but I think it would be difficult because it wouldn't be fair for anyone who missed out the first nine week. I don't think anyone wants to rerun all stats for nine weeks to correct any changes made previous. Maybe they will get it done by noon tomorrow.

[ November 13, 2007, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: CC's Desperados ]

Tom Kessenich

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:25 am

Just so everyone knows, Greg is in NY through tomorrow but he is aware of this situation and he's in agreement with what I've posted. If the stat change is made before our deadline, the results from Week 10 will reflect the change.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

sportsbettingman

Potential Scoring Change

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:40 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
quote:Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
I just wonder why it took 3 year and 10 weeks to bring up this subject. I'll repeat it again. Elias has made it a point this year to announce all stat changes on Thursday. I don't know if it's an official date or not but I do not remember it being this way on the past. It is my contention that as soon as this was realized - and it was pointed out by me a few weeks ago - the Wednesday date should have been pushed back to Thursday. This would've been the right thing to do for the sake of accurate stats and would've been welcomed by everyone (except for one person who thinks getting stats corrected isn't as important as setting FA bids). [/QUOTE]If this is the case, I see no reason why Greg wouldn't address this in the off season.

I know you want it to happen this week, but I think it would be difficult because it wouldn't be fair for anyone who missed out the first nine week. I don't think anyone wants to rerun all stats for nine weeks to correct any changes made previous. Maybe they will get it done by noon tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]...and knowing if I won or lost so I can adjust my free agent bidding is indeed NOT a reason to continue to process incorrect scores on a weekly basis due to an early deadline.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

BillyWaz

Potential Scoring Change

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:52 am

quote:Originally posted by Route C:
1) Gekkos suggestion to have a personal conversation with Greg.....trying to encite the masses to riot is just way to "ladies gossip club" for me. And I'll tell you something else, I'll be sure to pay close attention to scoring changes come weeks 14-16 and how/if they effect outcomes. [/QUOTE]And I know I for one will be waiting on "pins and needles" for this! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I ask you a VERY simple question...

WHY do you continue to play in the NFFC if you have so many issues about the way it is run???

I mean do you make it a habit to spend $1,300 on things you don't like?? :confused:

Anyhow, it doesn't look like you are getting your way on this one Nag. :(

[ November 13, 2007, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

King of Queens

Potential Scoring Change

Post by King of Queens » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:02 am

Thanks for the response, Tom.

Signed,
A Greg/Tom ass-kisser that would never be so bold as to "call you out"

Gordon Gekko

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Thanks for the response, Tom.

Signed,
A Greg/Tom ass-kisser that would never be so bold as to "call you out" does that make you a Venezuelan asskisser?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Sound Advice

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Sound Advice » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 pm

It's not my fight, it's everyone's fight. If this effected you in any serious way..."My friends died face down in the muck so we could enjoy this family restaurant.
Don't walk out now Dude.
This affects us all!!!"

Anyone see The Big Lobowski?

GOD Loves You

Potential Scoring Change

Post by GOD Loves You » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:57 pm

Originally posted by Sound Advice:
It's not my fight, it's everyone's fight. If this effected you in any serious way...Anyone see The Big Lobowski? [/QUOTE]"Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shitt about the rules?"
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Route Collectors

Potential Scoring Change

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:24 pm

[/QUOTE]It may not be your style Alex but it sure seems that way on this thread. I base that on the fact that you completely dodged the question about giving Greg a call and you made a statement that you were opposed to posts that "make it personal" while telling anyone who didn't agree with you that they were without balls and a$$ kissers of Greg.

To me that is pretty agressive and would qualify my statement.

Is there anything I just said that isn't true?
[/QUOTE]I'm not sure I understand. I should've called Greg? Why, because someone else thinks I should've? This is not a personal issue - it's a public issue. And by posting on the message board - as I always have done - I am enciting a riot? That's ridiculous. There is nothing in my original post that suggests this is my intention. As far as telling people they don't have balls for calling out Greg/Tom on this - guess what? - they DON'T!!! As Lou said, WCOFF and Lenny would've got KILLED by the same people hiding behind the "it's in the rules" excuse because they're taking it easy on the NFFC. And that's expected, but I'm not going to pretend like it's not happening.
[/QUOTE]Sorry....I'm obviously wrong here. I'll go back into my cave now.