PAID FANTASY FOOTBALL INFORMATIONAL SITES? WORTH IT?

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:12 am

Nice job, Philpo. Congrats!

Now just take it easy on the rest of us next year!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Please don't read anything before this message...I'm purely sticking to the topic here and not bringing up past rivalries...

John Hansen's TOP FANTASY RECEIVER for this past week was Joey Galloway. Knowing he was banged up. Fantasy Guru couldn't have been any more far off...Okay, maybe the guy who picked C. Hentricht(punter) in the post season contest...lol...But again, I bring this up again because I paid for this info and I don't expect him to be right all the time, but WOW was that a mis-call.

Mr. Bitterman
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:12 pm

Originally posted by philpo:
I like to thank Lou T. bfdfantasyfootball.com for giving away a free satellite entry that I won my league and turn into a free entry for the 2008 main event. Hi Phil.

Congrats to you!
I know that means I have now paid for a NFFC person to play next year
WCOFF 1st timer AND
I believe Billy Waz won some money on a free entry at the AFFL but I haven't heard from him to verify that yet.

Thanks for posting this here, sorry I missed it when you did.

Happy New Year!

3'

[ January 07, 2008, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Please don't read anything before this message...I'm purely sticking to the topic here and not bringing up past rivalries...

John Hansen's TOP FANTASY RECEIVER for this past week was Joey Galloway. Knowing he was banged up. Fantasy Guru couldn't have been any more far off...Okay, maybe the guy who picked C. Hentricht(punter) in the post season contest...lol...But again, I bring this up again because I paid for this info and I don't expect him to be right all the time, but WOW was that a mis-call.

Mr. Bitterman Diesel.

Galloway was rested before this week, and didn't appear to have any issues with the shoulder, but then the game started.
That stuf sucks when it happens for sure.

3'

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:00 am

I picked Bulger, across the board this year and my good friends rip into me everytime the Rams come up. It's good fun.

I hope Hansen takes it well too. ;)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:53 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by philpo:
I like to thank Lou T. bfdfantasyfootball.com for giving away a free satellite entry that I won my league and turn into a free entry for the 2008 main event. Hi Phil.

Congrats to you!
WCOFF 1st timer AND
I believe Billy Waz won some money on a free entry at the AFFL but I haven't heard from him to verify that yet.

Happy New Year!

3'
[/QUOTE]Lou,

I thought I PM'ed you that I TIED (yes tied 167.8-167.8) in my Gold Championship game (if I didn't I do apologize) and lost the tiebreaker due to having less points during the season .

I do appreciate the free entry! :D

[ January 08, 2008, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:57 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:

Congrats to you!
WCOFF 1st timer AND

Happy New Year!

3'
[/QUOTE]Lou,

I thought I PM'ed you that I TIED (yes tied 167.8-167.8) in my Gold Championship game (if I didn't I do apologize) and lost the tiebreaker due to having less points during the season .

[/QUOTE]Nice, missed that PM but good to hear. What did you win for 2nd, never checked.

BTW-I won my league and finished 3rd overall, which BLEW because I was leading going into week #3 and was leading during week #4 for a little while.
Romo/packers D really spit the bit on me.

3'

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:45 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:

Congrats to you!
WCOFF 1st timer AND

Happy New Year!

3'
[/QUOTE]Lou,

[/QUOTE]Nice, missed that PM but good to hear. What did you win for 2nd, never checked.

BTW-I won my league and finished 3rd overall, which BLEW because I was leading going into week #3 and was leading during week #4 for a little while.
Romo/packers D really spit the bit on me.

3'
[/QUOTE]I won $500 (as opposed to $1,300 for .1 of a point more).

Nice finishing 3rd overall, that is sweet! :D

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:

Mr. Bitterman Dude, your better off getting info free off of NFLsites or espn, or whoever and relying on your gut.. the one draft (YOURS) that i just drafted on the Fly, i kicked ass in.. the others in which i read, studied, and took advise.. oh well.. Don't pay for any sites, do it on your own.. it's a waste of money..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Weber, I can understand why some may want/need to pay for the services, but as you said, there ARE sites that you can get all of this for free. It just takes a little more work. This is the first year in well over a decade that I didn't make a penny in fantasy football. AND I paid for Hansen's opinions...In his defense, there were 1,992,282 injuries to MAJOR players this year, but the fact is I went with some of his opinions instead of ALWAYS taking my own gut feelings and going with that. Other people's opinions can cloud your mind. But then again, some guys NEED that info to help their game. To each their own, but as I said in the past, from here on in, it's back to the free sites and my SOLE opinion. Back to the MoJo that I know.

P.S. Congrats on 2nd place in the Diehard Draft.

Marc