NFFC Post-Season Contest Signup List

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:37 am

I'll e-mail those guys now and get this fixed. I know they are going to be in the office soon because we have a call at 9 a.m. Hang on and I'll get them to look into this.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:48 am

Originally posted by Poopy Tooth:
How you been Diesel? Good luck in the playoffs!

I would try to wake Greg up, but I hear from the Vegas people, he's not a morning person - something about pounding down Coronas! :) Hey Poopy Tooth! We missed you in NY! But I heard something about a Fisher party that drew you there, along with a few others...lol

Good luck to you in the playoffs too!

I know I've said this before, if you've been reading the boards, but I'm never going to forget how I lost the $10,000 last year. Plaxico's TD bumped me from 1st to 4th. I can't ever fully root for the Giants again. I tried being a Packers fan, or a Jets fan this year, but both were so inconsistant that it was too hard to watch.

Good luck!!!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:50 am

Greg,

Tom from Fantasy911 told me to call him at 10:00 est. so he knows there's problems. I need to submit the winning lineup. ;)

Good Luck to everyone, Thanks Greg for doing this, it should be alot of fun.

John

[ January 03, 2009, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:53 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Greg,

Tom from Fantasy911 told me to call him at 11:00 est. so he knows there's problems. I need to submit the winning lineup. ;)

Good Luck to everyone, Thanks Greg for doing this, it should be alot of fun.

John Yup, the computer guy is on the job already. Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP. I'll post here when I know more.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:56 am

These guys always get their errors fixed fast...What we need to do is get final signups to fill these leagues. C'mon guy....We're talking $30 or $60...If you smoke cigarettes, I think a carton is about $70 in NY...Take a cigarette break and sign up for one $60 or two $30 contests!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:56 am

Greg,

Is this all problems, because I can't submit my 2nd team?

Thanks,

John

dobberlins

Post by dobberlins » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:06 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by Poopy Tooth:
How you been Diesel? Good luck in the playoffs!

I would try to wake Greg up, but I hear from the Vegas people, he's not a morning person - something about pounding down Coronas! :) Hey Poopy Tooth! We missed you in NY! But I heard something about a Fisher party that drew you there, along with a few others...lol

Good luck to you in the playoffs too!

I know I've said this before, if you've been reading the boards, but I'm never going to forget how I lost the $10,000 last year. Plaxico's TD bumped me from 1st to 4th. I can't ever fully root for the Giants again. I tried being a Packers fan, or a Jets fan this year, but both were so inconsistant that it was too hard to watch.

Good luck!!!
[/QUOTE]Missed Fisher's party, but heard some things about it that made me wish I hadn't! I had to go to a wedding on draft day, so was only in a couple satellites this year.

That is too bad about Plaxico's catch. Those things are tough to deal with.

You're right though, let's get these leagues filled - $70 for a carton of cigarettes??? Glad I quit back when they were $45/carton here in Jersey!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:20 am

Okay, as of this morning we have 92 teams at $120, 76 at $60 and 101 at $30. We had a big push of signups yesterday and through the night and I'll go into the office in a few minutes and give the morning time for signups as past history has shown that our guys do grab multiple teams at the last minute.

Honestly, we're less than two-thirds of the way toward our goal in all three contests and will have to make some tough decisions soon and then contact everyone via e-mail. My thought yesterday was to eliminate the $60 level and give those folks the option to move up or down to the $120 or $30 level. But we've almost doubled our $60 entries in the last day and that looks like a fun level now.

The easiest solution would be to lower the top prize in the top two price levels a bit to make this work and just go from there. To do that, we'd need to offer everyone a refund and have them agree to the new prize structure. I won't do that yet, but that's an option. Maybe just go to $8,000 and $4,000 depending on where we finish up, but it's a tough call now without knowing how close we'll come to our break-even levels.

Anyway, as always I'll be honest with you and try to make the right call. I don't want to change too much with this as we have a nice contest at three fun levels and I'd like to make this work. I think we can if we work together on this. So keep setting your lineups and I'll update this around noon after I talk with the Fantasy911.com folks. Thanks all.

dobberlins

Post by dobberlins » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:34 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, as of this morning we have 92 teams at $120, 76 at $60 and 101 at $30. We had a big push of signups yesterday and through the night and I'll go into the office in a few minutes and give the morning time for signups as past history has shown that our guys do grab multiple teams at the last minute.

Honestly, we're less than two-thirds of the way toward our goal in all three contests and will have to make some tough decisions soon and then contact everyone via e-mail. My thought yesterday was to eliminate the $60 level and give those folks the option to move up or down to the $120 or $30 level. But we've almost doubled our $60 entries in the last day and that looks like a fun level now.

The easiest solution would be to lower the top prize in the top two price levels a bit to make this work and just go from there. To do that, we'd need to offer everyone a refund and have them agree to the new prize structure. I won't do that yet, but that's an option. Maybe just go to $8,000 and $4,000 depending on where we finish up, but it's a tough call now without knowing how close we'll come to our break-even levels.

Anyway, as always I'll be honest with you and try to make the right call. I don't want to change too much with this as we have a nice contest at three fun levels and I'd like to make this work. I think we can if we work together on this. So keep setting your lineups and I'll update this around noon after I talk with the Fantasy911.com folks. Thanks all. Greg, I appreciate the honesty and up-front approach you always have. If you need to reduce the top prize in the $120 league, I don't have a problem with that. Hopefully there will be a rush of entries, but if not, I'm good with whatever you decide - being a Raiders fan, you have found a way for me to enjoy the playoffs!!! :)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:24 am

I think the glitch has been found and you can change your lineups now. I was just on the phone with the Fantasy911.com guys and they were struggling to find the glitch, but I think it's been eliminated now. Good luck all.