Rules Proposals For 2008

RI WORKHORSE

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:35 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
The intensity of the weekly h2h matchup is diminished in all-play and would kill the FF Golden Goose.

JMO. Like I have been saying all along. You give a seprate H2H prize and the league championship is Total points. Or you can have the top six breakdowns go into a playoff.

Anyways, The H2H won't change. The best im praying for is Greg will add a 3rd team to the main event playoff. 1st total points, 2nd in Total points and the H2H winner.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:38 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Duke - what about all-play for ALL DC leagues? Works for me, but since these are not H2H leagues to begin with total points don't really bother me in the DC lges.

The bigger issue IMO is getting H2H lges to use all-play records in some capacity in place of total points because being good every week is "supposed" to determine winners in these leagues.

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:40 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
The intensity of the weekly h2h matchup is diminished in all-play and would kill the FF Golden Goose.

JMO. Like I have been saying all along. You give a seprate H2H prize and the league championship is Total points. Or you can have the top six breakdowns go into a playoff.

Anyways, The H2H won't change. The best im praying for is Greg will add a 3rd team to the main event playoff. 1st total points, 2nd in Total points and the H2H winner.
[/QUOTE]Johnny, curious why you wouldn't use all-play records rather than total pts?

kjduke

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by kjduke » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:43 am

How about this to determine main event league champions?

#1 seed - Best H2H record
#2 seed - Most points
#3 seed - Best all-play record

Have the 3-week points playoff among these teams for all league payouts (championship, 2nd & 3rd). I also would have all three of these teams making the overall championship round.

[ December 27, 2007, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Gordon Gekko

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:44 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:

JMO. John - I'm strictly taking about using all-play in Draft Champion leagues, as opposed to total points. Thoughts?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

RI WORKHORSE

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:53 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:

[/QUOTE]Johnny, curious why you wouldn't use all-play records rather than total pts?
[/QUOTE]KJ,

Im for either one. I just hate the H2H Luck factor. Im sick Of guys winning the league championship and there 6th-8th in total points.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:55 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

JMO. John - I'm strictly taking about using all-play in Draft Champion leagues, as opposed to total points. Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]When I posted this, you hadn't posted your DC post. LOL.

all play for DC leagues?

Would that change anything? I don't have any data on that one. LOL.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

RI WORKHORSE

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:56 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:

#2 seed - Most points

3-week points playoff for the lge championship, second place and third place lge payouts? Works for me. Anything to help take down the H2H. I love that Greg put in the playoff but there is still always better teams being left out. Or the fact that the H2H guy is still getting a shot at a gift.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:05 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:

#2 seed - Most points

3-week points playoff for the lge championship, second place and third place lge payouts? Works for me. Anything to help take down the H2H. I love that Greg put in the playoff but there is still always better teams being left out. Or the fact that the H2H guy is still getting a shot at a gift.
[/QUOTE]See my "submitted for approval" thread.

all play will never be used in the main event...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

King of Queens

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by King of Queens » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:16 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
2. There has been a suggestion to allow official scoring changes past Wednesday at noon EST. For whatever reason, Elias does make changes on Thursday's, so I understand the passion to change the official deadline. That being said, having finality at a reasonable time during the week is also good. Again, I'll listen to the debate and we can make this change soon.Greg, I had some good conversations last month with NFL.com and the Elias Sports Bureau. I have learned that our Wednesday 12pm deadline will almost never incorporate the weekly stat changes -- Elias makes their final weekly revisions on Wednesday afternoon, and then submits these to NFL.com either late Wednesday or early Thursday. To wit, here is a listing of the dates and times that changes were posted in 2007:

Week 2: Thu Sep 20 11:39am
Week 3: Fri Sep 28 5:19am
Week 4: Thu Oct 4 12:20pm
Week 5: Thu Oct 11 12:10pm
Week 6: Thu Oct 18 2:36pm
Week 7: Thu Oct 25 10:36am
Week 8: Thu Nov 1 11:39am
Week 9: Thu Nov 8 10:08am
Week 10: Thu Nov 15 12:19pm
Week 11: Thu Nov 22 2:53am
Week 12: Thu Nov 29 9:56am
Week 13: Thu Dec 6 11:46am
Week 14: Thu Dec 13 12:27pm
Week 15: Thu Dec 20 10:52am
Week 16: Thu Dec 27 1:17pm

I believe based on this information we can come up with an appropriate deadline that will not interfere with free agent pickups or first-game-of-week deadlines. I would propose the following timetable:

Weeks 1-11 (no free agent pickups before Friday 9pm, no early games) -- stat change deadline is Thursday 6pm

Weeks 12-13 (Wednesday free agent pickups, Thursday games) -- stat change deadline is Wednesday 6pm. This will most likely not incorporate all the changes for the week, but is necessary for the early FAAB deadline

Weeks 14-16 (no FAAB, Thursday games each week) -- stat change deadline is Thursday 6pm

In reviewing the weekly changes, most would not be relevant to the NFFC (e.g. 2 players getting 1/2 a sack becomes 1 player getting a whole sack). However, every point can be critical -- I lost by 0.25 in Week 12 in the Ultimate League, and missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

Let's try to get this change implemented for 2008.
[/QUOTE]Updated to include the Week 16 stat changes date and time. NFFC-relevant changes this week included:

Brandon Jacobs 145 yards rushing to 143 yards rushing (minus 0.2 points)

Kurt Warner: 361 passing yards to 369 passing yards (plus 0.4 points)

Edgerrin James: 76 yards rushing to 68 yards rushing (minus 0.8 points); 5 receptions for 21 yards to 4 receptions for 29 yards (plus 0.3 points) (net of minus 0.5 points)