FFOC Investigation

King of Queens

FFOC Investigation

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
As for my record, I have a BS of Business from the University of Wisconsin, with an honors degree completed in 3.5 years in 1993, with an emphasis in Marketing/Finance and Entrepreneurship. 2 months out of college I started my first business, which is still in existence in the same location in the same mall. I have seen well over 100% turnover in mall-based retailers since I opened my primary location. Since then, I have opened multiple locations and a thriving eCommerce web site. In July of 2005, I bought a franchise location called LoveSac. Six months later my corporate franchiser went bankrupt. 33 out of 36 franchisees followed suit and either abandoned their operation or just went belly up. I could easily have gone that route, screwing over my bank, the mall, employees and anyone I did business with. Instead, I stayed open and expanded, taking over 2 corporate stores and opened 2 more of my own, all while Corporate was in bankruptcy. They recently re-emerged from bankruptcy and I sold all of my store back to the new corporate entity two months ago at a profit.

Flame away. ;) I see nothing in here about coaching hockey. You must be a terrible businessman.

LFW

FFOC Investigation

Post by LFW » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:26 am

Regarding (e) thanks for the explanation.
Regarding (b) they don't create a draft until after they have 10 signups. They do have an Autodraft feature and predraft list if someone chooses to use that. And I imagine someone might forget to show up and have his team autodrafted. BUT they aren't creating league without 10 paid teams. In fact some complaints are because people are upset when there leagues don't quite fill on time.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

LFW

FFOC Investigation

Post by LFW » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 am

KJ Duke- CDM use to get over 10,000 for there main games. They currently only get about half of that in their flagship contests but they offer many types of games so they still have well over 10,000 players in football.
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

Leroy's Aces

FFOC Investigation

Post by Leroy's Aces » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 am

Originally posted by Lightning Fast Whip:
Regarding (e) thanks for the explanation.
Regarding (b) they don't create a draft until after they have 10 signups. They do have an Autodraft feature and predraft list if someone chooses to use that. And I imagine someone might forget to show up and have his team autodrafted. BUT they aren't creating league without 10 paid teams. In fact some complaints are because people are upset when there leagues don't quite fill on time. OK, thanks for the clarification, so that point was presumptuous by me and made in error.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 am

Originally posted by Lightning Fast Whip:
KJ Duke- CDM use to get over 10,000 for there main games. They currently only get about half of that in their flagship contests but they offer many types of games so they still have well over 10,000 players in football. Thanks.

This from the sportsline 10K filing in 2003.

"During 2003, more than 100,000 paid fantasy leagues representing about 1.1 million teams were formed in our fee-based baseball, football, basketball and hockey fantasy games".

1.1 million teams for sportsline, assume 60% football and that is 660,000 teams. In 2003, growth was 25%.

Assume 10% annual growth since then and we are back to around one million teams for JUST sportsline in football. So the question is, can FFOC capture 5% of what sportsline does next season after paying out a million bucks? If so, a very profitable venture that more than makes up for a big loss this season.

[ August 06, 2008, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

kjduke

FFOC Investigation

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:37 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Out of the millions of players that play fantasy football, only 17% play for money. And probably 80% of those play in home leagues.
See my post above, the numbers seem to support a bigger market than you are suggesting.

Raiders

FFOC Investigation

Post by Raiders » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:38 am

To be honest I do see FFOC, as being alittle messy. Poorly run. Starting the Contest up as late as they did, didn't help. Of course I hope they pull it off and someone does win a Million dollars.

Dave and Alex- The best of luck to you as well.

Again the more the better.

John

[ August 06, 2008, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

LFW

FFOC Investigation

Post by LFW » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:38 am

KoQ - they've filled 105+ leagues. Some have not drafted yet. And they have about 500 more teams signed up that haven't been assigned a league yet. So approximately 1500 teams signed up so far. Not the pace they need to break even but from what David Dodds said after he talked to them they are happy with the pace. "My next draft is late August. And I also draft in September.

I talked to one of the owners today (Stan Misthios) and he informed me that they are very pleased with the number of signups they have in place as of today (He said over a thousand contestants as of August 1st, some with multiple teams).

Nothing is ever a given regarding these high stakes events, but I am starting to believe this one is indeed going to happen. "

LFW

FFOC Investigation

Post by LFW » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:43 am

Raiders- Starting it up sooner would have been good. It does seem they are playing catchup at times...but they are correcting things as they find them.