NFFC FAAB Deadline Update

Rog

Post by Rog » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:50 am

So what does she do if her kicker gets hurt on saturday?the last thing I want to do is carry 2 kickers but if it might cost me a win, I would find a way to make it work.I see it as another thing to think about with your draft and your roster.I think there should be no pick-ups before friday.have your teams prepared for the thursday night game coming up.If you screw up your roster you still can make moves on friday to overcome forgetting to submit a thursday line-up.

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:51 am

easiest fix is the fix that most on here don't seem to want and that is 2 faab periods. one wed and one friday or even saturday.

its fixes this whole mess but obviously makes you put in more time. this is how the wcoff did it and it work very well. also, it was not that much more time consuming. you already know the players you like.....

[ October 21, 2011, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: thegambler ]

particra

Post by particra » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am

Why can't you just keep the hurt K on the bench pick up another K for Sunday?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Why can't you just keep the hurt K on the bench pick up another K for Sunday? That would be the solution. You make sure that kicker isn't active on Thursday and then make sure you pick up a kicker on Friday. You don't HAVE to cut your kicker, but it would make you carry two kickers for that one week because of the injury. Agreed, that's how you avoid a unique situation like that, but her point of not wanting to carry two kickers even for one week makes sense.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:08 am

Personally, I have no problem with running just one FA period on Wednesdays. Sure, you operate on limited info, but so does everyone else so it's a level playing field.

The Friday rules you propose are fair, but I think many will find it confusing and it will create trouble when Owners don't fully understand who they can roster and when they can start players. Might work in a smaller home league, but in a contest this size I think that's really asking for trouble, IMO.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 am

Why not just drop a kicker if they are playing the following Thursday if you are worried about the risk???? :confused:

It seems to me you have a much greater chance of problems with players coming up injured on Thursday or Friday with 30/32 teams during the Wednesday waiver wire period. Why focus on 2/32 teams that might have a Thursday game. My thought is that you just look ahead to the schedule for the following Thursday and make sure that you are covered. It doesn't seem that complicated.

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:35 am

its going to be hard to make everyone happy. if you have a kicker like Janikowski you dont want to let him go. but now if fa were wed nite this week you might be in a position with Janikowski of not having a kicker since he might not play cause of a hammy. i really was not in favor of two fa pick ups but maybe it is the way to go. if you have to im very much against wed and sun. i think wed and sat would be better. pros and cons on both ways.

[ October 21, 2011, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:55 am

Greg,

If you post it as "notice" thread on the board and also mail it in the newsletter over the next few weeks, I think it's appropriate as far as defending notice of a rule change to customers.

Does the system allow a hot note to be displayed in each league message board or at the top of the lineup screen? Perhaps you could do it all.

I don't see how anyone could not see it and/ or complain otherwise.

John

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Originally posted by Who?:
So what does she do if her kicker gets hurt on saturday?the last thing I want to do is carry 2 kickers but if it might cost me a win, I would find a way to make it work.I see it as another thing to think about with your draft and your roster.I think there should be no pick-ups before friday.have your teams prepared for the thursday night game coming up.If you screw up your roster you still can make moves on friday to overcome forgetting to submit a thursday line-up. She eats it and takes a big PHAT zero...what the heck to you think I do???

What I DO NOT do is carry two kickers into a week because of a Thursday Night came the following week.

Here's a solution (but one I don't like...but you did ask for discussion/solutions Greg)...if you aren't going to have Wednesday FAABs prior to Thursday games, then increase the roster size. Bottom line, I'm a deep drafter, for example, I do not want to have to throw a Victor Cruz off my roster to carry an extra kicker to cover a Thursday game.

Good on the Survey Monnkey
Thank you!
@RedRyder

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 pm

the current rule is fine.

thursday games are here to stay (and increase) and I don't want to flush those games from a FAAB point of view. No-one really wants two periods a week so stay with the current scenario - as stated above it's a level playing field.