OT: Official Statement From FFOC Ending Its Event

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:59 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Today I received a $180 check from the FFOC enclosed with a letter stating the following:

"Dear Glenn,

As you're likely aware in light of our prior notifications on www.ffoc.com, Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc. was forced to make the regrettable decision to shut down its game for the upcoming 2010 season. While it has been a privilege to operate our leagues over the past two seasons, we were simply unable to survive the economic climate.

Prior to closing our doors, we have done our best to reward all of the previous winners, including, for example, paying the $180.00 cash prize to the 136 T2 league winners who opted to take a 2010 Tier 3 entry in lieu of monetary consideration. These payments are presently being processed. To those of you who anticipated free entrees for the 2010 season, the lack of a 2010 season will preclude the fulfillment of your expectation. We apologize for any disappointment. We too are dispirited by this result and our inability to continue our operations.

We want to thank all of you who have played in our leagues, and hope that we offered some excitement over the past two seasons. Thanks for all your kind words and support, and best of luck in all of your fantasy endeavors.

Sincerely,
Poised to Stomp Sports, Inc."

I'm pleasantly surprised to have received the check, but disappointed that no compensation will be made for the free teams I won.

There's no reason to speculate any further. I am now putting this behind me and moving on.

Glenn Thanks for the update Glenn. So you were paid for the one league you had a chance to roll over for a free entry or take the cash but not the other free entries, correct? And this came from the law office you sent the certified letter to?

Again, thanks for the info and the update.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:03 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Good to hear that you got some of your winnings Glenn. Its very sad to hear that I will never see any money from the five free teams that I won. :( :( :( :(

However at least I got paid the money for finishing tenth overall in Vegas and the other money for winning a few leagues. I received the same letter today with no checks for the 5 leagues won and 11 teams owed to me
[/QUOTE]Wow, how did you win 11 free teams Joe? How many teams did you have there last year? No wonder our satellite numbers were down last year!! Did you have the option of cash or free entry with any of those teams?

I couldn't understand all those different Tiers, so I have no idea how people won free entries. That game seemed to get more complicated last year.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Old School

Post by Old School » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:16 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:
Good to hear that you got some of your winnings Glenn. Its very sad to hear that I will never see any money from the five free teams that I won. :( :( :( :(

However at least I got paid the money for finishing tenth overall in Vegas and the other money for winning a few leagues. I received the same letter today with no checks for the 5 leagues won and 11 teams owed to me
[/QUOTE]Wow, how did you win 11 free teams Joe? How many teams did you have there last year? No wonder our satellite numbers were down last year!! Did you have the option of cash or free entry with any of those teams?

I couldn't understand all those different Tiers, so I have no idea how people won free entries. That game seemed to get more complicated last year.
[/QUOTE]Well I had six league entries, won 5 leagues finished 2nd in other. I requested payment last season when I noticed they changed the payout rules, giving 2 free teams for each league won and 1 free for second. I knew something smelled fishy then. They politely refused. I did get paid a few pennies for the red zone top 5.

Unfortunately, unlike Matt B who made it to Vegas and got paid some, I did not make it there.

I'm putting in a call to my Uncle Vito who happens to live near the address where the letter came from

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:52 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Old School:

[/QUOTE]Well I had six league entries, won 5 leagues finished 2nd in other. I requested payment last season when I noticed they changed the payout rules, giving 2 free teams for each league won and 1 free for second. I knew something smelled fishy then. They politely refused. I did get paid a few pennies for the red zone top 5.

Unfortunately, unlike Matt B who made it to Vegas and got paid some, I did not make it there.

I'm putting in a call to my Uncle Vito who happens to live near the address where the letter came from
[/QUOTE]So six entries netted you 11 free teams?? Wow. I told you I didn't understand those tiers. Sorry to keep asking, but what was the entry level for those leagues?

You certainly mastered that format, for what it's worth. Sorry it didn't pay off with a trip to Vegas.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Thanks for the update Glenn. So you were paid for the one league you had a chance to roll over for a free entry or take the cash but not the other free entries, correct? And this came from the law office you sent the certified letter to?

Again, thanks for the info and the update. Greg, I was paid out exactly as you put it. I received a check for the one league that I had a chance to roll over for a free entry but was not compensated for the straight free entry prizes.

I don't believe the letter was sent by the law office as there was no letterhead and the envelope had no information outside of my name & address.

Glenn

da bears

Post by da bears » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:47 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
The whole situation sucks Matt. At least we now know where we stand.

Good luck in football this year and for the balance of your baseball season. By the way, if you want to drop a bit in our baseball Super league, I wouldn't complain. ;)

Catch you soon,
Glenn Good luck to you also in football this year Glenn.

Sorry but I really need a money finish in the Super League to make up for my crappy main event team!!
Bauler Shot Caller