Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Originally posted by BobSquad:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
I have an idea though Al... leave the comments about our ignorance out of it, ok? We don't say that Tebowites are ignorant or don't know football or aren't men (like has been said of us).

It's ok to have differing views, but just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us ignorant. Ya know, believe it or not, there IS a chance we're not totally FOS on this guy. ;) To be fair you repeatedly referred to them as 'the cult' inferring that they were basing their arguments on blind faith.

From the week 6 free agent pickups through week 16 Tebow (23.02) was #10 in average just behind Rivers (23.43).
[/QUOTE]Don't bother... The ultimate "numbers" guy will twist his numbers somehow, in order to make Tebow look horrible....under 50% completion percentage... blah blah blah... and Tebow will continue to prove him and all of the doubters wrong. Maybe ignorance isn't the right word.. sorry Sandman.. no offense was intended... Anyways, gotta go oppose the anti-Tebow rally here in Connecticut... see ya Saturday!!!

bobsgym

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by bobsgym » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Funny, all week long while we had to endure the cult's public adoration of him, we never heard any excuses about him not having Brandon Lloyd.  Maybe because the undying faith of his followers still believed he'd deliver every week, like he did last week against the "mighty" Dolphins?

Now that he failed (albeit just for one game), it's everyone AROUND him's fault - his coach, his line, his lack of elite WRs???  C'mon!  Puhlease!
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

bobsgym

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by bobsgym » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:55 pm

We aren't discussing a 4th round pick. He was a week 6 free agent!
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:12 pm

Originally posted by Al R G:
quote:Originally posted by BobSquad:
I have an idea though Al... leave the comments about our ignorance out of it, ok? We don't say that Tebowites are ignorant or don't know football or aren't men (like has been said of us).

It's ok to have differing views, but just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us ignorant. Ya know, believe it or not, there IS a chance we're not totally FOS on this guy. ;) To be fair you repeatedly referred to them as 'the cult' inferring that they were basing their arguments on blind faith.

From the week 6 free agent pickups through week 16 Tebow (23.02) was #10 in average just behind Rivers (23.43).
[/QUOTE]Don't bother... The ultimate "numbers" guy will twist his numbers somehow, in order to make Tebow look horrible....under 50% completion percentage... blah blah blah... and Tebow will continue to prove him and all of the doubters wrong. Maybe ignorance isn't the right word.. sorry Sandman.. no offense was intended... Anyways, gotta go oppose the anti-Tebow rally here in Connecticut... see ya Saturday!!!
[/QUOTE]Statistics are usually brought up by the losers in the NFL. Completion % is not the definition of a successful QB. Tebow is not a dink and dunk QB, never will be. He's a great deep ball thrower. He could sit there and throw little screen passes and
5 yard passes but that does not take advantage of his skills.

Orton is a dunk and dunk who builds his completion %, but he sucks.

In addition, Tebow is a runner. Every time he extends drives by running for a first down, it is no different than completing a short pass for a first down. That's not reflected in completion %

I'll take 31.6 yards per completion with 3 total TD's rather than a 65% completion rate with a 7 yards per average and zero TD's.

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Tebow wll win a Super Bowl, and Sandman, TR, and all of the Tebow doubters will say "well, it was the defense that won the game, or the other teams backup safety was injured", or some excuse. What some fail to realize is, Tebow IS an NFL QB in the playoffs and was the main reason they got there. To get to his level, you have to be pretty good. I have come to the conclusion and made the decision that its not worth fighting the negativity. I was extremely impressed and very excited watching Tebow beat the Steelers on Sunday. Then, I was dumb enough to come on the boards... I am not going to bother anymore... some people are born to be miserable, negative people. I am going to enjoy football this weekend and no Tebow thread for me. I am done here. Not worth the time or negativity.

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Well, if Tebow pulls out a win this weekend by bringing down Prince Tommy and the satanic Belichick in their own house, then his legend will be cemented for a long time to come.

It would then require an epic fail of gargantuan proportion for him to ever get pulled off the field in 2012. It would also probably bump him at least 1 round, and maybe 2 or more rounds, in Fantasy drafts next year, especially if he puts up good numbers again.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Originally posted by Al R G:

[/QUOTE]Al, there's no reason for Sandman to twist any numbers. Look at the below few stat lines and tell me that this would excite you from a fantasy perspective:

10/21 for 124
2/8 for 69
9/20 for 104
9/18 for 143
13/29 for 185
6/22 for 60

I didn't make these up. Those are some of Tebow's passing efforts in games this year. I would expect better efforts from ANY QB that is on my FFB roster. I get that he was able to post some nice fantasy days due mostly to his rushing ability but after watching his games, do you really think that those miraculous 4th quarters (where he got most of his points) will be there next year?

I'm part of the camp that doesn't think so. Not only because I question his passing ability but also their schedule will be much more difficult. Many are on the other side of the fence and that's great too. But what good would message boards be if everyone shared the same opinion?
Go Big Red!

bobsgym

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by bobsgym » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Sorry Al,

I'm not saying he can't win a Super Bowl but I'm sure not putting money on it without some good odds.

The primary driver in the Tebow debate is the huge gulf between the two camps. From an NFL talent perspective, the haters had him at 3rd string or back in the choir and the lovers had him winning the SB.

The truth is in the middle.

2012 prediction

#8 in fantasy
20th best NFL QB
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

bobsgym

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by bobsgym » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 pm

CoMo

This 4th quarter can't continue stuff is true but you're assuming that the 1-3q stuff will not go up when Fox trusts him more.

You can't assume change in the 4th while leaving 1-3 constant.
Wayne Ellis's Waterboy

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by Al R G:

[/QUOTE]Statistics are usually brought up by the losers in the NFL. Completion % is not the definition of a successful QB. Tebow is not a dink and dunk QB, never will be. He's a great deep ball thrower. He could sit there and throw little screen passes and
5 yard passes but that does not take advantage of his skills.

Orton is a dunk and dunk who builds his completion %, but he sucks.

In addition, Tebow is a runner. Every time he extends drives by running for a first down, it is no different than completing a short pass for a first down. That's not reflected in completion %

I'll take 31.6 yards per completion with 3 total TD's rather than a 65% completion rate with a 7 yards per average and zero TD's.
[/QUOTE]Who wouldn't take 3 TD's regardless of yards per completion over a zero TD performance? That's a no brainer. But how many times do you really think a QB will average 31.6 yards per completion? My guess is not many.

Regardless of how great of a deep ball thrower he is, he will have to be able to complete the intermediate length throws to be successful in this league. Those are the throws that extend drives and keep the chains moving. Too many times this year were the Broncos doing nothing but going three and out and punting the ball for the first three quarters. Even though they ended up winning most of those games, I'm sure they wished for more consistency from the offense. Besides, if chucking the ball deep was so easy, everybody would be doing it.

The good NFL QB's can make all the throws. It is still possible to have a high completion percentage and take shots deep downfield. Unless guys are running wide open, those should be more of the difficult throws anyway.
Go Big Red!