NY vs Chicago Grudge Match Update

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:24 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Boys...SNAKE recieved a check for this league for $125...wasn't it supposed to be $135 + pizza loot ($24?) for $159 or thereabouts...Big D, Tamu or KofQ, could you please confirm here?...thanks...SNAKE Winning team members get $125 each. This was confirmed last week.

I believe the pizza loot of $240 was sent in its entirety to Diesel. After knocking off 30% ($72), that leaves $168. One-seventh of $168 is $24, which is your monetary share of the proceeds.

I personally feel you should have to be in New York to collect on that, but that is a team decision. It's not supposed to be a monetary reward, but a food party. If you miss Thanksgiving Dinner at Aunt Mildred's house, she's not supposed to mail you a drumstick.

The team should vote on this matter.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:25 pm

...well naturally, as this is a TEAM event, the team comes first, naturally...what's the dilenma here?...SNAKE This statement backs up my previous post.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:42 pm

king is right snakes. that was always this contests intention. I'll make sure we toast the ny members not present. What's more important snakes, 24 beans or the merriment of your ny comrades :D

Q

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:43 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
Boys...SNAKE recieved a check for this league for $125...wasn't it supposed to be $135 + pizza loot ($24?) for $159 or thereabouts...Big D, Tamu or KofQ, could you please confirm here?...thanks...SNAKE It's not supposed to be a monetary reward, but a food party. If you miss Thanksgiving Dinner at Aunt Mildred's house, she's not supposed to mail you a drumstick.

The team should vote on this matter.
[/QUOTE]ROFLMAO KOQ!!!! :D :D

Since I am a member of this league, I too feel that I have a say (but if most feel it is a "winning team" decision year to year, that is fine). This past year I know Steger didn't show up for the "pizza party" in Chicago, and in so many words..... "tough titty". (I think Welp showed up after the pizza was gone also?)

I agree 100% with KOQ that the $$$ should go to the PARTY, not the individual. If people make the choice not to come, that is THEIR choice.

If I didn't go to Chicago last year, I would have NEVER even thought about asking for $$, in place of pizza.

[ January 12, 2007, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:30 am

if the entry fee was $135 why is the check SNAKE recieved only for $125?A question for Tamu, as his post from September was used to determine this.

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:56 am

...thought it was resolved at $135 actually...not a big deal but what hapenned?...SNAKE since Greg has now outsourced the prize payt processing to India it's most likely the conversion between Rupee and US dollars. The rate is constantly fluctuating. If your payt went out in september for instance you would have rec'd around $144

Q