Week 3 stat changed 2 AM this morning?

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:39 pm

Hey guys,

I have been laying low on the boards.

I posted a thread after the Monday night game and got no posts back.

I was wondering where you can see the stat changes each week from the NFL/Stats from the NFFC??????

Another question, Will the win/loss stick if you had your record changed this week??????
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BUTTER

Post by BUTTER » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:10 pm

Those are good questions and I have one more...if the deadline for stat changes is 6 on Thur when does it have to post to each league home?

Glad we have all moved on.....I think this was a good lesson that if you don't check your own score and stats doesn't change it....it is your own fault. That is a base rule in every league I have ever played in. That is why the deadline is there.
Good Luck to all!

BUTTER

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:41 am

Originally posted by BUTTER:
Those are good questions and I have one more...if the deadline for stat changes is 6 on Thur when does it have to post to each league home?

Glad we have all moved on.....I think this was a good lesson that if you don't check your own score and stats doesn't change it....it is your own fault. That is a base rule in every league I have ever played in. That is why the deadline is there. Actually ... I am pretty sure the deadline is still in place. Greg is basically covering the mistake with a possible extra payout (like insurance) for those who might get messed up by error on STATs part without affecting those owners that have the actual record with the changes that were supposed to be viewable on Thursday.

It would be nice for Greg to confirm this is true.

BTW ... I have had a few PM's with BUTTER ... he is a very nice guy. He is very high strung and needs to be more careful in what he posts IMHO. But ... I think he should be given a mulligan on this thread. :D
Hakuna Matata!

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:27 am

I sat next to Butters for the draft...seems like a good guy to me, very competitive (like everyone else) and well maybe he overreacted. But lets not Bartman him! For all you long suffering Cub fans like me. He is pretty much a Bartman here! He reacted to something happening around him that he didn't have any say in and (except for the atty. comment) acted like anyone of us would have. I was at Game 6 & Game 7 (I call them the wake and the funeral) and it wasn't Bartman's fault and well it isn't Butters fault either. He tried to handle the situation. He didn't know to call Greg/Tom and he would get results much quicker. Lets face it you would have went for the ball too!!! Now butters I'm playin you this week. PLEASE put a lineup in and let's play ball. And for goodness sakes can the @$#$#%darn Cubs win the world series!!!!
Pat Sorge

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:54 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I sat next to Butters for the draft...seems like a good guy to me, very competitive (like everyone else) and well maybe he overreacted. But lets not Bartman him! For all you long suffering Cub fans like me. He is pretty much a Bartman here! He reacted to something happening around him that he didn't have any say in and (except for the atty. comment) acted like anyone of us would have. I was at Game 6 & Game 7 (I call them the wake and the funeral) and it wasn't Bartman's fault and well it isn't Butters fault either. He tried to handle the situation. He didn't know to call Greg/Tom and he would get results much quicker. Lets face it you would have went for the ball too!!! Now butters I'm playin you this week. PLEASE put a lineup in and let's play ball. And for goodness sakes can the @$#$#%darn Cubs win the world series!!!! Oh it was Bartman's fault all right!

Time has passed so everyone is being nice to him now, but don't be fooled, Bartman cost the Cubs that game. If it was anyone other than the Cubs, maybe not. But it was the Cubs, and it caused their death spiral, no doubt it.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:19 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
I sat next to Butters for the draft...seems like a good guy to me, very competitive (like everyone else) and well maybe he overreacted. But lets not Bartman him! For all you long suffering Cub fans like me. He is pretty much a Bartman here! He reacted to something happening around him that he didn't have any say in and (except for the atty. comment) acted like anyone of us would have. I was at Game 6 & Game 7 (I call them the wake and the funeral) and it wasn't Bartman's fault and well it isn't Butters fault either. He tried to handle the situation. He didn't know to call Greg/Tom and he would get results much quicker. Lets face it you would have went for the ball too!!! Now butters I'm playin you this week. PLEASE put a lineup in and let's play ball. And for goodness sakes can the @$#$#%darn Cubs win the world series!!!! Oh it was Bartman's fault all right!

Time has passed so everyone is being nice to him now, but don't be fooled, Bartman cost the Cubs that game. If it was anyone other than the Cubs, maybe not. But it was the Cubs, and it caused their death spiral, no doubt it.
[/QUOTE]My Memory is not what it used to be, ( so U Die Hard Cubbie Fans help me out ) , But didn't the Cubs have like 3 opportunities to end that game before the Bartman Blunder ?
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:35 am

Cub fans invented "your a goat". When they quit manning up and started to blame their success (or lack there of) on a goat ... then everything else but their crappy team. Oddly ... It's exactly what I expect out of a Cub fan.
Hakuna Matata!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
quote:Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:

[/QUOTE]My Memory is not what it used to be, ( so U Die Hard Cubbie Fans help me out ) , But didn't the Cubs have like 3 opportunities to end that game before the Bartman Blunder ?
[/QUOTE]You'd understand if you were a Cub fan. I watched every pitch of every game and I beliveved they were going to win the whole time. Until the second I saw Bartman lean over and knock the ball away. I told my wife right then they were going to blow it. I don't think any true Cub fan was too surprised when it started to unravel thereafter.

Bartman didnt make the proceeding errors, but he set the wheels in motion - it changed the energy of the entire stadium and about 10 million Cub fans.

[ October 02, 2008, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 am

Come on KJ DUKE the next ball was hit right at the short stop and he missed it a routine grounder.Thats who blew the game.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:14 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
Come on KJ DUKE the next ball was hit right at the short stop and he missed it a routine grounder.Thats who blew the game. I know Eddie - but re-read above. It wouldn't have happened if "here we go again" wasn't all of a sudden on the mind of every Cub player and every fan. The MO swung 180 degrees on that play. That doesn't give Gonzalez a pass for blowing it, but it doesn't happen otherwise.