Week 1 FAAB

particra

Week 1 FAAB

Post by particra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
One thing that's always true is that there are never any major injuries after Week 1 in the NFL. Might as well blow 70% of your FAAB on Mark Clayton and Brandon Lloyd Or you can save your entire budget to buy the Seattle defense week 16. :eek:

Send me a pm when a sure thing comes along on the waiver wire. One guy who is a very good FF player bid 985 on Clayton in the classic. I respect him for taking a shot. I can remember several years when I kept my money and wish I would have put in a "crazy" bid for some no name player that ended up breaking out that year.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]I'm certainly not advocating saving your money, but this is Mark Clayton for God's sake. He's a 28 year old WR with a rookie QB and a track record of mediocrity who had a fluky week. Spending $985 on him is dumb under any circumstance.
[/QUOTE]I"m sure you know more about it than I do but every year somebody ends up breaking out and the person buying that player is criticized for spending too much. Heck, if I knew it was going to be Clayton I would have bid $1,000 on him. I bid anywhere from about 70 to 500 depending on my need at WR. I guess that just makes me half dumb! :D Now I"m really hoping he goes off this year!!! Hehe

Wayne
[/QUOTE]My point is that there is a BIG difference between bidding $200 or even $400 on a guy like Clayton (which I did) and bidding $985 (or $700). The former might make sense. The latter basically screws you for the season if you're wrong, and maybe screws your season even if you're right.

particra

Week 1 FAAB

Post by particra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:47 pm

quote:Originally posted by GK:
...uhm, simply curious but am I the ONLY one here who actually prefers Brandon Lloyd to Mark Clayton (for a variety of reasons) or not?...boy, do I LOVE being in the minority sometimes ...GK I didn't even bid $1 on Lloyd anywhere. I really don't see it but who knows. Anything is possible. I guess the difference is I don't see Lloyd becoming the number one WR in Denver this year while I could see Clayton being the WR1.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]On this, we agree 100%.

Coltsfan

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
One thing that's always true is that there are never any major injuries after Week 1 in the NFL. Might as well blow 70% of your FAAB on Mark Clayton and Brandon Lloyd Or you can save your entire budget to buy the Seattle defense week 16. :eek:

Send me a pm when a sure thing comes along on the waiver wire. One guy who is a very good FF player bid 985 on Clayton in the classic. I respect him for taking a shot. I can remember several years when I kept my money and wish I would have put in a "crazy" bid for some no name player that ended up breaking out that year.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]I'm certainly not advocating saving your money, but this is Mark Clayton for God's sake. He's a 28 year old WR with a rookie QB and a track record of mediocrity who had a fluky week. Spending $985 on him is dumb under any circumstance.
[/QUOTE]I"m sure you know more about it than I do but every year somebody ends up breaking out and the person buying that player is criticized for spending too much. Heck, if I knew it was going to be Clayton I would have bid $1,000 on him. I bid anywhere from about 70 to 500 depending on my need at WR. I guess that just makes me half dumb! :D Now I"m really hoping he goes off this year!!! Hehe

Wayne
[/QUOTE]My point is that there is a BIG difference between bidding $200 or even $400 on a guy like Clayton (which I did) and bidding $985 (or $700). The former might make sense. The latter basically screws you for the season if you're wrong, and maybe screws your season even if you're right.
[/QUOTE]I agree. If I"m going that kind of money it would be on a RB in a high powered offense that isn't going to be sharing carries.

Wayne

Sebadiah23

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sebadiah23 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:48 pm

My favorite bid seen was Brandon Lloyd for a dollar, about right there, but dropping Mike Sims-Walker!
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Sandman62

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 pm

...uhm, simply curious but am I the ONLY one here who actually prefers Brandon Lloyd to Mark Clayton (for a variety of reasons) or not?...boy, do I LOVE being in the minority sometimes ...GK I didn't even bid $1 on Lloyd anywhere. I really don't see it but who knows. Anything is possible. I guess the difference is I don't see Lloyd becoming the number one WR in Denver this year while I could see Clayton being the WR1.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Completely agree Wayne. Go Gaffney! :D

particra

Week 1 FAAB

Post by particra » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Completely agree Wayne. Go Gaffney! :D
[/QUOTE]Lloyd doesnt even play in base sets. If Thomas or Decker make some noise, Lloyd's relegated to 4th WR status.

rkulaski

Week 1 FAAB

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
B Jackson wasn't available in any of my leagues nor should he have been. I drafted him in any league I could around the 13th or so. Landed him in 2 of 5 leagues. I did bid for clayton but likely not enough as I wasn't that desperate. we shall see. Do you have Grant on some of those teams? B. Jackson will not be the starter by week 4, so enjoy the next two weeks. [/QUOTE]I didn't have Grant on one team. Brandon Jackson and B Scott were the top 2 handcuffs to draft after round 10 or so in my rankings.

Respectfully disagree on Jackson. I think he keeps starting. The kid has gradually improved each season and he doesn't need to be a special or game-breaking back to be successful for the Packers this year.

BLACKHAND

Week 1 FAAB

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Originally posted by Sebadiah23:
My favorite bid seen was Brandon Lloyd for a dollar, about right there, but dropping Mike Sims-Walker! are you for real. is that allowed ? thats your 900 bid.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

rkulaski

Week 1 FAAB

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
In my 12 team home league Brandon Jackson went 964 unreal.The runnerup bid was in the 800's that dude must have been shocked he didnt get him.My league has a $50 budget and last year the highest bid for any player was $21. I went $41 for Jackson. Next highest bid was $29. Everyone was blown away. I figured I'd go almost all in. It's not often the starting RB on a Top 3-5 offense becomes available during the season. The coaching staff really likes Jackson (more than I do honestly) so we'll see if he can reward their faith. [/QUOTE]Considering that Brandon Jackson hasn't been the epitome of healthy over the years, I bought both Starks and Nance for a combined $60-$70. Now all I need is another year ending injury in Green Bay backfield! :D
[/QUOTE]Nice play Jack. I loaded up Starks. But he's injured and out for a couple of more weeks. So Nance just may be the play.

John
[/QUOTE]Nance is a nice play. Starks is out longer than a couple of weeks - at least the first 6.

Chi_Town_FEW

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm

I think a lot of the high Clayton bids have to do with Austin last year. Did nothing for a couple of weeks and was dropped in a lot of leagues, my Classic and Primetime. Remember him going for $400-$600, maybe some $700 bids after his breakout week. Nothing like some of these bids tonight. I bet some of those huge bids are guys who bid too low for Austin last year. Just thinking out loud.