Additional 2008 Rules_Changes?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:27 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg - Will you be packaging the scrubbed satellite results this coming year and selling them? personally, i would pay to see them. What I'd rather do is create scrubbed satellite league results once we have enough of them and give access to those free of charge to our satellite league participants. I don't need the money. And maybe we share those results with the WCOFF if they go the same route with their satellite league participants and vice versa. To me, that makes the most sense for everyone: Those who participate and create the results, those who run the contests, and those who want these results.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:31 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Greg - Will you be packaging the scrubbed satellite results this coming year and selling them? personally, i would pay to see them. What I'd rather do is create scrubbed satellite league results once we have enough of them and give access to those free of charge to our satellite league participants. I don't need the money. And maybe we share those results with the WCOFF if they go the same route with their satellite league participants and vice versa. To me, that makes the most sense for everyone: Those who participate and create the results, those who run the contests, and those who want these results. [/QUOTE]That is about as fair as it gets Greg.

You want the results, just play ONE satellite and you can have them all!

Good for the NFFC (drums up business, more customers, etc.), and good for everyone involved! :D

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:32 am

Greg - Will you be packaging the scrubbed satellite results this coming year and selling them? personally, i would pay to see them. What I'd rather do is create scrubbed satellite league results once we have enough of them and give access to those free of charge to our satellite league participants. I don't need the money. And maybe we share those results with the WCOFF if they go the same route with their satellite league participants and vice versa. To me, that makes the most sense for everyone: Those who participate and create the results, those who run the contests, and those who want these results. [/QUOTE]Sounds like a good plan, Greg. Keep us posted with the details as the satellite season approaches.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:32 am

Greg - Will you be packaging the scrubbed satellite results this coming year and selling them? personally, i would pay to see them. What I'd rather do is create scrubbed satellite league results once we have enough of them and give access to those free of charge to our satellite league participants. I don't need the money. And maybe we share those results with the WCOFF if they go the same route with their satellite league participants and vice versa. To me, that makes the most sense for everyone: Those who participate and create the results, those who run the contests, and those who want these results. [/QUOTE]even better. thanks greg! :cool:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:33 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
and good for everyone involved! Well, I wouldn't say everyone...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:38 am

What I'd rather do is create scrubbed satellite league results once we have enough of them and give access to those free of charge to our satellite league participants. are you planning on doing this for baseball?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:00 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
What I'd rather do is create scrubbed satellite league results once we have enough of them and give access to those free of charge to our satellite league participants. are you planning on doing this for baseball? [/QUOTE]Yeah, this can be done for baseball. I know Jason and Geoff compile this data for us at the end of the satellite league season, but we can certainly make this available before the live Draft Day. We need to figure out how those satellite league participants get this exclusive data. I just got off the phone with Jason and didn't bring this up, but I will. Keep reminding me and I'll get this done.

It's not so much that I'm trying to drive satellite league signups -- although if you want this data you'd have to participate in at least one of these -- it's more that I'd like to reward our customers who created this data and have some control over it. This is the best of all worlds, I believe, as again I'm not trying to double-dip monetarily. I just want our customers to have this data.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
and good for everyone involved! Well, I wouldn't say everyone... [/QUOTE]It IS good for everyone.

People that pay for the satellite leagues get the results and thats good, Greg doesn't need the money because he doesn't own Krause AND those that want the comments (most that I know) will gladly pay for something enhanced that doesn't infringe upon the participants desire for anonymity.
I promote my site AND the NFFC!
Good for everyone...
:cool:

3'

[ January 09, 2008, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]