AFFL and Question to the NFFC

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:01 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
They're already gone -- yesterday I found a backdoor to their message boards, and all the posts from 2/8/08 (when they officially announced the "delay") to present were deleted. Also removed were any posts prior to that announcement concerning payment problems.

This certainly doesn't pass the smell test. double WOW on that one!

1. why would those posts be deleted?
2. you like entering through the "backdoor"????!!!?? :eek:
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:03 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I KNOW it has to do with wanting to "dupe" his potential investors into thinking the AFFL is this "happy little place"!
you don't KNOW that for sure. that's the information (or misinformation) being feed to everyone

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:13 am

I see a real problem here and I have the answer. I see the word P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E spelled wrong 11 times on these 7 pages. Whew...I'm glad I can find closure to something around here.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:14 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I KNOW it has to do with wanting to "dupe" his potential investors into thinking the AFFL is this "happy little place"!
you don't KNOW that for sure. that's the information (or misinformation) being feed to everyone
[/QUOTE]C'mon, saying "the boards will be shut down for a week so we don't "spook" potential investors" sounds like they don't want them knowing as little as possible!

You are correct, I don't KNOW that, but you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out.

Now what is this business with KOQ entering the backdoor? :eek: ;)

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:20 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
C'mon, saying "the boards will be shut down for a week so we don't "spook" potential investors" sounds like they don't want them knowing as little as possible!

You are correct, I don't KNOW that, but you don't have to be a brain surgeon to figure it out.
ummm...billy, you're assuming there is a potential investor. why would you believe ANYTHING from someone who has behaved with, as you put it, "Deceitfulness".

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:24 am

just an FYI - but it looks as though the guys at Footballguys have "moved" the AFFL thread to a different forum.

it WAS in the heavily trafficked "The Shark Pool" forum and NOW is buried down the page to the "Looking For Leagues" forum???????? :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:
the title of the thread has changed at some point to..."AFFL: FINANCIAL ISSUES AND CONCERNS, ...needs outside financing to pay 2007 prize money"

[ February 18, 2008, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:50 am

quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
anyone else wondering if the posts regarding this situation (made on the affl MB) will ever be seen again? would you be surprised if they "disappeared" due to a "computer glitch".They're already gone -- yesterday I found a backdoor to their message boards, and all the posts from 2/8/08 (when they officially announced the "delay") to present were deleted. Also removed were any posts prior to that announcement concerning payment problems.

This certainly doesn't pass the smell test.
[/QUOTE]having a number of attorneys (including Federal) in my family and my fascination with "Law and Order" has me thinking that posts made by Neil MAY be able to be used against him if this ever sees a courtroom. it's like talking to the cops without asking for your lawyer.

that MAY be the real reason for the board being disabled.
[/QUOTE]Every post by Neil is admissible evidence in a trial as an admission by him against his interest.

But really, the fact of what happened (which is hard to contest) and his admission of not having the $ proves a great deal already. This is not a hard case.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:53 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
That is how I feel, damn right. No offense to the vast majority of the people here or Greg personally, just one person's opinion. Dave, what has you so upset? Is it the tone of the discussion, or that a competitor/former competitor is allowing discussion on its message boards? [/QUOTE]You asked, so I will give an honest answer. It bothers me that Greg, the owner of NFFC and of this site helps the NFFC message board pile on to the woes of the AFFL, and then, at the same time, touts the benefits of his league and fast payouts, his upcoming contests, and the growth of the NFFC. (More power to Greg and the NFFC and I appreciate what he is doing for the NFFC.) It is just not something I would do as a business owner, especially when my former competitor is pretty much toast. It is punching someone when they are down. And I really have little sympathy for the AFFL. It just doesn't feel right to me. There you have it. I am sure some people get what I am saying. Sorry Greg, no offense.
[/QUOTE]First off, Dave, thanks for the honest response. I guess if you were looking at the situation in a vacuum, your reasoning would make a lot of sense. However, the events surrounding the AFFL could significantly impact the ENTIRE high-stakes fantasy football market. I think Greg should answer this himself, but to me, his comments reflect first and foremost an attempt to protect his own business interests. He was actually defending Neil a week ago, going so far as to remove a thread that may or may not have been factual. With all of the posts on the AFFL and FBG boards, more details have come to light that have left everyone shaking their heads in both dismay and disgust. Like the rest of us, Greg is probably shocked at the multitude of poor decisions made by a fellow game operator.
[/QUOTE]Good points and I should not disparage the NFFC on FBG too much due to a minor issue. I deleted my original post on FBG.com.
[/QUOTE]Dave, you may have deleted your post, but of course Nag copied it first and then added his own jab at the NFFC. That one is prominently on the page with Neil's latest reply. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:54 am

under the RULES/REGULATIONS section on the AFFL site. is the bold part a potential "out"

x. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, under no circumstances shall IFS be liable for any special, consequential, or incidental damages in connection with its obligations under this agreement, and in any event, the liability of IFS for any act of negligence or breach of this agreement shall not exceed the amount paid by the principal registrant to IFS in connection with this agreement during the twelve (12) month period immediately preceding the date of any claim by the principal registrant against IFS.

in addition, there should be NO reason why the AFFL message boards are disabled during this critical time. NONE. leaving all those money winning owners twisting in the wind is UNACCEPTABLE.

anyone else wondering if the posts regarding this situation (made on the affl MB) will ever be seen again? would you be surprised if they "disappeared" due to a "computer glitch".

this whole situation is shady and getting shadier each passing day.
I have not read all the AFFL rules and language. I have, however, litigated many exculpatory clauses. Looking only at what you cite above,GG, and barely knowing the rest of the facts, I would say that this very likely does not involve "negligence" or "breach of agreement". The first thing I'd argue is that this is either fraud or a violation of some federal statutes, violations/actions which are not exculpated in the clause.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:59 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
Every post by Neil is admissible evidence in a trial as an admission by him against his interest.

But really, the fact of what happened (which is hard to contest) and his admission of not having the $ proves a great deal already. This is not a hard case. jack - do u think it will come down to: pay the money or else go to jail?