Tired of FF

Coltsfan

Tired of FF

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:46 pm

Snake,

Go back and read the entire thread. I broke down your entire nffc team player by player and posted my thoughts on your entire draft. In fact, one of my posts starts out saying that your 14 team squad would need some breaks just to be competitive. You came back and said that you disagreed with my assessment of your nffc squad and then you said my comparisons were off.

All you have to do is read the thread rather than taking one vague comment and posting it here. I think it is QUITE clear.

Wayne

D-Day Heroes

Tired of FF

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:52 pm

I always wondered if anyone one ever suffered a heartbreaking lose in the 100 grand game , to the likes of a goal line stand on the last play of the last game :eek:
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Coltsfan

Tired of FF

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Snake,

Go back and read the entire thread. I broke down your entire nffc team player by player and posted my thoughts on your entire draft. In fact, one of my posts starts out saying that your 14 team squad would need some breaks just to be competitive. You came back and said that you disagreed with my assessment of your nffc squad and then you said my comparisons were off.

All you have to do is read the thread rather than taking one vague comment and posting it here. I think it is QUITE clear.

Wayne ...hey man, it's all good as SNAKE stated he doesn't care to debate this here, really...your OWN post (along with KJ Duke's) speaks for itself, and quite lucidly at that...again, it's all good Comrade Colt - SNAKE wishes you well this year - good luck...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Interpretation - Snake went back and read the thread and realized the error of his ways! :D

Wayne

Route Collectors

Tired of FF

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:26 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Jeff,

When I saw you had Miller on the bench I absolutely knew he would come up big. :D Shadowcrew absolutely went off today.

Wayne Of course.....but at least my last name isn't swallows! :D

Coltsfan

Tired of FF

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:51 am

Snake,

You are absolutely pizzing me off! Here are my words - not that anyone else cares. I went through you team position by position and stated where I thought you were weak. I was off on Cutler but I was right about most. Your team is still lacking depth and is a middle of the road team.

I posted 9/2/08:

The problem with the 14 team squad is that Snake has to have a couple of breaks just to be competitive. I wasn't going to do this because it is based on PERSONAL PREFERENCE but I"ll compare Snakes squad to mine by listing Snakes player first.

QB: Cutler vs Schaub. I have them equal but I realize some have Cutler higher.

RB: Lynch vs Gore. I have Gore much higher.
RB: Stewart vs Turner. Turner should get 300 touches and IS the starter. Stewart still must earn the starting position. Could end up in a serious time share.

Rice/Mendenhall/Jackson/Ward vs Foster/Norwood/Washington/Booker. Nice upside both ways.

WR: Johnson vs Marshall. Johnson has more upside but Marshall is less injury risk.

WR: Holmes vs Holmes.

WR: Evans vs Coles. I personally like Coles better. QB play is better and team will pass a ton.

WR: Rice vs Galloway. QB play in Minnesota is very shaky while Galloway performed well last year teamed up with Garcia.

WR: Taylor/Stovall vs Walter. Walter by a landslide

TE: SMith/McMichael vs Davis. Davis is a stud whose day is coming this year. My prefence is Davis by a large margin.

I'm not trying to brag on my team because to be honest there are lots of teams out there that are very similiar to the team that we put together. It's one thing to have weaknesses but it's another thing to have gaping holes in your team and with the news that McGahee is now starting you have a huge hole at RB2, you're weak at Flex, and your TE situation could be far from stud status.

I realize this post will only get me in trouble but that is an honest assessment. Sometimes things fall right in a draft and sometimes they don't. Nothing went right for us in our nbc draft. The players we wanted just didn't fall to us. That just happens. Don't take it personal but I would guess that if you were looking at how your draft fell that there were some players that went right before your selections that you would have loved to have drafted.

Then a bit later you made a comment which I came back with sarcasm. Here it is:

...SNAKE respects the right that you are entitled to your opinion however wrong it may be but actually things did fall pretty much (although certainly not perfectly) in place for SNAKE in this draft...The Serpent is EXTREMELY satisfied with his 14 teamer squad here and feels that your assessment here is rather off...SNAKE will be certain to bring this up to you later in the season Comrade Colt for a re-assessment on your part...The Serpent also promises beforehand that he shall not bombard you with "told you so's" at that time as well...thanks much...SNAKE [/QB][/quote]

I see - your reasoning here has completely changed my thinking on this matter. It all makes perfect sense now.

Once again later in the thread I came back with this:

Snake, either team can be hit with injuries and not be competitive this year. The only point I was making is that there are rosters out there in which the starters are anchored in as key components in their respective football teams whereas the players on your squad, ones that you are counting on, may not routinely see the field this year. That's all.

And then my final statement which I still stand by:

Snake, nowhere did I say that you claimed your team was the best. You did seem very proud of choices you made for your team and in my opinion those choices left you weak in certain areas. I also never felt like I was hammering away - only making comparisons. In the future I will not comment on your teams.

NOW QUIT COMING ON THE BOARDS AND MISREPRESENTING THINGS!!! WE DON'T NEED THIS STUFF HERE!!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET A LIFE, ACT SOMEWHAT HUMAN HERE, AND QUIT STIRRING THINGS UP EVERY SINGLE DAY HERE!!! IT MAKES ME NOT EVEN WANT TO VISIT THESE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!

Wayne

:mad:

Eddiejag

Tired of FF

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 am

Snake give him a break , he just explained what he meant.By the way nice NBC week.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!