LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:33 pm

I also do not understand the Vickerey system referred to that is used in baseball but it doesn't sound good to me either. I would like to hear more about this.

The original idea has everyone placing one time bids like they do now (as if they were going to place max bids on ebay and then log off until the auction was over). The 2 differences would be ... you could enter your max bid for a player and you would only pay 1 dollar more than the second highest bidder. You could still stack conditional bids etc. like you do now.
Hakuna Matata!

Captain Hook

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Mike the Vickerey system is the same as you are suggesting - that the winning bidder get the player for one dollar more than the next highest bid.

I just don't like the system and think it has just as many pitfalls as the current bid system. I have played in leagues that have used it, but likely wouldn't do so again given a choice.

If it was so great for this type of bidding, why wouldn't someone else have adopted it already? Perhaps they have seen it in play.....as Greg says, one of our friends who is involved with several industry/tout/"expert" leagues in baseball is a proponent, but we don't share his view.

GOD Loves You

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
.... Why dose everyone wnat to try and eliminate all the risk is this game ? I thought Risk was the main stimulus og Gambling :rolleyes: It's funny when GLY takes a shot at my idea. Not so much when others belittle me personally because I have an idea.

[/QUOTE]You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f-d up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? :confused:
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

BLACKHAND

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:05 pm

come on patrick. Only don't tell me that you're innocent. Because it insults my intelligence and it makes me very angry. Now, who approached you first? Barzini or Tattalgia?
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

mikeybok

LAST BIG NFFC RULE FIX

Post by mikeybok » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:11 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f-d up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? :confused: Yes Patrick ... your passion amuses me ... maybe because we have met.

To be specific ... anyone who actually addresses a top first and then feels so strongly the need to curse the idea is perfectly fine with me (I am sure I have done this too) ... and it can be funny/extreme/amusing.

The opposite would be to ignore the topic (add nothing to the topic) and belittle me personally by making unsubstantiated remarks about me for bringing it up.

Someone actually accused me of bringing this up because I am doing so poorly at this method. In fact ... This method is working out well for me. In the last two weeks I have picked up Maroney, Morris sea, and Curtis. I will do fine with any system ... I just prefer to have the best system available.

Someone also accused me of sour grapes. Sour grapes about what? I asked. No response. Some Losers out here take cheap shots then fade away ... I also hate that.

Hope that clears it up.

[ September 27, 2008, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!