Post by seeferman » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:26 am

Pick #4, Chicago League 2:

QB: Brooks, Gannon
RB: Ahman, St. Davis, Kev. Jones, Emmitt, Alstott
WR: Koren Rob., Keyshawn, McCareins, R. Wayne, Q. Morgan
TE: J. Witten, LJ Smith
K: Stover & Nedney
D: Miami & Indy

Obviously I did the 3 RBs with my first 3 picks. 20 of the first 28 picks in this league were RBs.

Gordon Gekko

So how did everyone do?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:29 am

Originally posted by DIP:
QB - Palmer & McCown
RB - Tomlinson, S. Jackson, M. Williams, O. Smith, W. McGahee, M. Moore, M. Turner, Dante Brown
WR - Mason, D. Jackson, Porter, Lloyd, K. Washington
TE - F. Jones
K - Janikowski
DEF - Eagles Interesting team. If Faulk goes down, you've ot a good chance. QB's may be suspect.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

So how did everyone do?

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:43 am

Gecko,

Curious to see how you fared with the #13 slot? I was picking 14th, and now regret not taking a "quality" #3 WR, but I think I am pretty nice elsewhere;

QB- Brooks, Palmer, Kitna, E.Manning
RB- Taylor, Westbrook, Foster, O.Smith, K.Faulk
WR- Horn, K.Robinson, Boldin, Roy Williams, K.Washington
TE- A. Gates, M. Pollard
K- J. Brown
D- Pittsburgh

Compared to most teams, I like my depth at QB & RB, and most people are REALLY going to be hurting at QB if their starter goes down as all the starters and quality backups went.

At RB, Foster could turn into a GREAT flex player if the often injured Stephen Davis goes down, although I need my two studs Taylor and Westbrook to stay healthy (doesn't everyone?)

WR is my weakest area, although I think Horn and K-Rob could both be top 10 in this leagues scoring format. I regret taking Boldin in the 8th round, as I should have grabbed a Andre Davis, Peter Warrick type, but if I can hang until October when Boldin returns, I will have 3 REALLY nice WR's. I need Roy Williams to come up big, and I really think Kelley Washington will get a lot of playing time, as Warrick is still a little gimpy.

I got Gates in the 11th round (I consider it a steal), as he could easily be SD top catch threat (minus LT). Josh Brown WILL be a top 3 kicker, as he has a great leg, and is in an awesome offense. Defenses aren't that important as TD's are tough to predict, and letting up less than 7 points is VERY hard to do! I actually think Pittsburgh will get a decent amount of sacks and turnovers, but will probably let up a lot of yardage and points (who cares?)

Bottom line.... Everyone has weaknesses, and to win this, they need for a late round gem or pickup to produce along with staying VERY healthy all year long.

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:44 am

HEY "DIP"....WORRY ABOUT TUES NIGHT.

BY THE WAY , WHAT COMES AFTER DIP ? S**T
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

DIP

So how did everyone do?

Post by DIP » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:47 am

BlackHand, judging from your NFFC entry, I have nothing to worry about Tuesday night....

King of Queens

So how did everyone do?

Post by King of Queens » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:54 am

The Blackhand (or is it Don Fanucci?), nice to meet you guys on Saturday. Do you still wish you had that 8th pick in New York 1?

QB - Vick, Brunell
RB - James, D.Davis, Martin, Alstott, D.Rhodes, S.Morris
WR - Ky.Johnson, Wayne, Bennett, Muhammad, Hall, T.Brown
TE - Stevans
K - Nedney
D - PHI, SEA

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:03 am

I'M NOT CRAZY OVER MY TEAM. I FEEL I MADE MISTAKE IN THIRD ROUND BY TAKING GARNER INSTEAD OF D.JAX BUT I HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT NOW.

QB/BRADY/B.JOHNSON
RB/PRIEST / GARNER /L.JORDAN/
WR/H.WARD/PORTER/FURUSON/LELIE/PINKSTON/BROWN
TE/ WINSLOW / POLLARD
K/AKERS
D/J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

I DO HAVE GREG JONES AND CHESTER TAYLOR ALSO

BLACKHAND

So how did everyone do?

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:08 am

DIP , (MR. DIP)TWELVE TEAMS INSTEAD OF 14 IS EASY. ALSO YOU CAN THROW OUT 1 OR 2 TEAMS AND IT IS DOWN TO 10.

WE DO HAVE FUN.

brad_brown

So how did everyone do?

Post by brad_brown » Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:30 am

WIth the #8 pick in the Chicago #3 League I ended up with:

QBs - M. Bulger, D. Bledsoe
RBs - E. James, C. Brown, D. Foster, D. Rhodes, L. Toefield, L. Betts
WRs - D. Jackson, C. Chambers, P. Warrick, A. Lelie, R. Gardner, J. Morton
TE - I. Mili (found out Sat night he is 2nd string now)
K - J. Nedney
D - Philly and Seattle
Uber Wizdom / Chicago League #3 / Pick #8
Chicago MickeyWhippers / NFFC Mid-Season A / Pick #6

LB Big Richards

So how did everyone do?

Post by LB Big Richards » Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:06 am

Here goes my team, picking #4 in Vegas #6:

QB - Favre (5), Garcia (10)

RB - McAllister (1), K. Jones (3), Foster (7), Pittman (8), K. Faulk (13), Stecker (18)

WR - Owens (2), J. Smith (4), D. Branch (6), Hilliard (9), Morton (12), Reg. Williams (14)

TE - E. Johnson (15)

K - Feely (16)

D - Dallas (11), Green Bay (17)

I wasn't so pleased with my team after the draft. However, after looking at the other draft boards and reading these message boards, I think I have a much better shot at contending. Remember, I'm a baseball guy with no experience in large FFL leagues, let alone a high stakes contest. I got stuck in a league with at least three industry guys, Jeff Thomas from sportsbuff.com, William Del Pilar from KFFL.com, and the Talented Mr. Roto himself, Matt Berry. Ironically, those three picked 7th, 8th, and 9th respectively and each grabbed RBs in each of the first three rounds.

I was torn between Deuce and Alexander, considering the Seahawks schedule in the playoff weeks. As it turned out, Alexander fell to EIGHTH with Moss and Edge going ahead of him. Jones was a must pick for me with RBs flying off the board. Foster and Faulk will play and produce each week. Pittman looks to help out during the bye weeks after his suspension. Stecker is pure insurance.

T.O. fell to me at 2.25. I had targeted C. Johnson, Ward, or C. Brown with that pick. Mason going 2.23 assured me a pick of the litter. I know Smith is old but I'm bullish on him with Leftwich improving. Branch is a solid WR3. Morton, if healthy, and rookie Williams are great value picks.

I reached for Favre a bit in round 5 but by the time it came back around, all the top QBs were gone. That is except Garcia, who somehow fell to the 10th round. Not until later did I find out that on week 9 (GB's bye week), CLE plays at BAL. Oh well.

All in all, I like the team more and more each day. Only three more days til the fun. Good luck to all!

Hojin
Hojin Kyung / Aram Penaranda
LB Big Richards
2003 WCOFB Champion