PAID FANTASY FOOTBALL INFORMATIONAL SITES? WORTH IT?

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:02 pm

The input is what's valuable, not the rankings. More information, and opinions based on coaching philosophies, injuries etc, are things that sometimes you're just not thinking about when it's player for player. The extra edge is what it's about. I don't think anybody feels it's a winning recipe, but the info certainly helps.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:20 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
I paid for Hansen's opinions...In his defense, there were 1,992,282 injuries to MAJOR players this year, but the fact is I went with some of his opinions instead of ALWAYS taking my own gut feelings and going with that. I know from listening to his Sirius show that Hansen was big on the Chicago Bears skill players this year. Benson, Berrian, and (gulp!) even Grossman.

Oops!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...ISHO FF sites are a tool...simply a source of information of which you decipher and form your OWN opinions about...no advice/recommendations should be adhered to as gospel on ANY site as ultimately ALL decisions should ALWAYS be your own...simple - end of story - period...SNAKE I COMPLETELY agree with you here Snake.....YIKES! :eek:

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:48 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
I paid for Hansen's opinions...In his defense, there were 1,992,282 injuries to MAJOR players this year, but the fact is I went with some of his opinions instead of ALWAYS taking my own gut feelings and going with that. I know from listening to his Sirius show that Hansen was big on the Chicago Bears skill players this year. Benson, Berrian, and (gulp!) even Grossman.

Oops!
[/QUOTE]What's really funny is that I didn't draft a single one of THOSE players from his eclectic potentials.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:52 pm

...ISHO FF sites are a tool...simply a source of information of which you decipher and form your OWN opinions about...no advice/recommendations should be adhered to as gospel on ANY site as ultimately ALL decisions should ALWAYS be your own...simple - end of story - period...SNAKE I guess I had a problem deciphering the info this year, because the almighty diesel was no more than a team that almost made it in most of his leagues.

But I've been told I have problem deciphering things. This shampoo thing is driving me nuts. Maybe I'm looking too deep into it, but it says "Wash, Rinse, Repeat"...I've been through $2,000,000 worth of shampoo since I've read the directions and haven't been able to get any help from the shampoo company about helping me with some closure. ;) :D
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:39 pm

...ISHO FF sites are a tool ...simply a source of information of which you decipher and form your OWN opinions about...no advice/recommendations should be adhered to as gospel on ANY site as ultimate ly ALL decisions should ALWAYS be your own...simple - end of story - period...SNAKE These are hitting way too close to home for my comfort! :D ;)

Also, I'm willing to offer a free copy of my NFFC cheatsheet that I offered to my customers who made the purchase before the draft. I've made no adjustments for full disclosure. I had some nice hits and terrible misses.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me. I just figured some might have an interest in looking at a different tool.

[ January 10, 2008, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

LFW

Post by LFW » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 pm

Most useful site I know of is Football Injuries simply because the more we know about the health of our options the better choices we can make week to week start bench decisions on our own. Just need to know as much or more about the injuries as our opponents do.

[ February 01, 2008, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Fast Whip ]
The TYRUNT of CDM Fantasy Sports Football Challenge and High Roller Football Contests!

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:27 pm

...ISHO FF sites are a tool...simply a source of information of which you decipher and form your OWN opinions about...no advice/recommendations should be adhered to as gospel on ANY site as ultimately ALL decisions should ALWAYS be your own...simple - end of story - period...SNAKE snake, maybe you just haven't found the right paysite?!

;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.