**NEW NFFC vs. WCOFF THREAD**

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:05 am

Originally posted by David Comings:

Other than this having the potential to watch something interesting, I don't see what's in it for the WCOFF to sanction this event?
Hmmm ... couldn't agree more ... why would you take something SO SERIOUS and as IMPORTANT as FF and reach out to do something FUN OR ENTERTAINING! :rolleyes:

Can you take yourselves any more seriously than that?

The Good News ... Confirmation that I got lucky and found the right event the first time! :cool:

Hmmm ... do the WCOFFers cry when they lose too? :eek:

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:10 am

This is the main reason I don't want any part of their event. Maybe he needs to read up on the fall of the Roman Empire. It was first too but didn't last long because of arrogance and ignorance.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:14 am

Ok, so I left out a lot of other empires like the Ottoman that came before the Roman Empire but ya'll get the idea. None of them are around and it's because of the same reason, arrogance and ignorance. This is why I break out in hives when I go north of the Mason-Dixon line and east of the Ohio River. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:21 am

Here I thought sontimes Johnny and GG took this stuff too seriously. Guys ... I am sorry for even thinking that ... there's apparently a whole different level of FF seriousness I didn't even know existed!

Need to get back to my serious "Donky Kong" as I am a fifth level Kong expert and I need to get ready for my sixth level Kong entrance exam! Very serious stuff here! :eek:
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:31 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Here I thought sontimes Johnny and GG took this stuff too seriously. Guys ... I am sorry for even thinking that ... there's apparently a whole different level of FF seriousness I didn't even know existed!

Need to get back to my serious "Donky Kong" as I am a fifth level Kong expert and I need to get ready for my sixth level Kong entrance exam! Very serious stuff here! :eek: Donkey Kong rules UYT! :D

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:39 am

This was my response to David Comings. I was going to post it until I saw the WCOFF thread had been locked.

David,
I can see where you are coming from. Let me offer some nuggets…

Media coverage – If the financial stakes were big enough, a face-to-face sit down draft could become a possibility. By having an on-line draft though, media attention could still be garnered if marketed correctly.
Perhaps...
**WCOFF vs NFFC draft is “mentioned” to ESPN (or other sports entities), on message boards, etc… as a Clash of the Titans or if you prefer David vs Goliath.
**The website facilitating the two drafts would allow Internet visitors to watch the drafts real-time.
If you build a juicy enough event, the media attention will come.

Prestige – Winning a battle between the best high stakes fantasy football players in the country would be a prestigious honor. I’m not sure how you can say it wouldn’t feel good to be recognized as the Best.

To give something back to teams that have a proven track record of success – Being recognized by the WCOFF as one of their 13 best players isn’t a good thing?

Gung ho over this proposal – Let me guess, you’re not a fan of the Olympics? Why should USA have to compete against lesser countries? Truth be told, any fantasy football player wanting to represent their event should be Gung ho about a WCOFF vs NFFC format.

NFFC league champions – I agree with you on this point. I (and others) have tried to change it, but to date, have been unsuccessful.

Side note – I don’t want to turn this into a 12 team league vs 14 team league thread. With that said, just like with drinking beers, there is a point of diminishing returns…one beer is good, two beers is even better…, but thirty beers will leave you drunk and sick in the morning. Where to draw the line is up to each individual person. I personally like 14 team leagues. 12 team leagues are fine, but one has to realize that player talent is spread amongst fewer teams and it’s easier for a non-skilled owner to do well, IMO.

Rules – A combination of rules from both leagues is appealing. I think what point of the initial post is to get the ball rolling. Specific details could be worked out if the WCOFF/NFFC Higher-ups agree to get this thing done.

[ July 19, 2006, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:55 am

I think that Greg should give Lenny a call. That is the only way this has a chance.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:57 am

Originally posted by Ted's Cracked Head:
I think that Greg should give Lenny a call. That is the only way this has a chance. agreed
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?