Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am

I have no emotional investment with Tebow any longer since my fantasy season has come to an end. I've simply found it odd the lengths his detractors have gone to avoid giving him any credit for what he's done - both for the Broncos and his fantasy owners. It's quite bizarre in my opinion.

We all know Tebow has to improve as a passer if he wants to be a starter long-term. I disagree with King's insinuation that Tebow can't improve his mechanics. The Packers, for example, worked hard to significantly alter Aaron Rodgers' mechanics his first few seasons and we've seen the results. I'm not saying Tebow will become that good; simply that it's not uncommon for a player to improve his mechanics over time. Of course, few QBs in NFL history have had to make the type of mechanical improvements Tebow will so that's working against him.

I think this was arguably one of the Top 2 stories in the NFL this season. I think what Tebow did despite his limitations and the manner in which he did it was simply amazing and completely thrilling and compelling. His story was overplayed but it definitely deserved plenty of attention considering how improbable it often was. The other big story was the Packers' run at a perfect season. Interestingly, both of those stories went up in smoke on the same weekend.

[ January 17, 2012, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 am

Originally posted by TR:
quote:Originally posted by TOXIC ASSETS:
In my opinion:

He isn't a very good QB right now.
He is better for fantasy than reality.
Both sides are emotionally vested.
He may or may not improve.
His leadership qualities and ability to run overcome some of his horrid mechanics.
----------------------------------------------------------
That's the fact, Jack. I agree on all counts....I am emotionally vested mainly because the media has rammed this mediocre at best qb tebow down our throats because they want him to succeed so badly. My girlfriend isn't into football, but I listen to sports radio or have espn on regularly...she asked me who this tim tebow was because she was so sick of hearing his name...like really annoyed....I am glad to know the other more deserving sports stories are getting talked about once again, and that thiis out of control sideshow has cooled off considerably since the latest debacle.
[/QUOTE]my wife doesn't watch a down of football but knows who tim tebow is and roots for him. so i guess it goes both ways with tebow.

not sure how anyone could be against this guy. he is everything people should ask for in an athlete and a person. he might not have the skills that a brady or brees have but he has the heart and will of both put together....and has the moral decency and sportsmanship that i would like to see my kids have.

but everyone has the right to their opinion....

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:02 am

Maybe check the lens on your reading filter? I'm pretty sure even us "detractors" aren't "against the GUY"; we've always been against the assertion that he is a viable NFFC starting QB because we felt strongly that the world wasn't seeing his TRUE fantasy floor during Denver's wild run due to what we felt were just an overwhelming number of extenuating, unsustainable circumstances.

Big difference and our fantasy football opinion shouldn't at all be twisted into us not being able to appreciate him as a person, role model, fighter, etc..

thegambler

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by thegambler » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Maybe check the lens on your reading filter? I'm pretty sure even us "detractors" aren't "against the GUY"; we've always been against the assertion that he is a viable NFFC starting QB because we felt strongly that the world wasn't seeing his TRUE fantasy floor during Denver's wild run due to what we felt were just an overwhelming number of extenuating, unsustainable circumstances.

Big difference and our fantasy football opinion shouldn't at all be twisted into us not being able to appreciate him as a person, role model, fighter, etc.. come on bro, most of the posters on here are against him as a qb and not just a fantasy football qb. you, i will give you credit for, have kept your stance to keeping it stricly about fantasy football.

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 am

I have said many times throughout this thread how impressed I am with Tebow's intangibles such as leadership ability and how he plays the game hard and with passion every snap.

Nothing I have ever said questioned anything about Tebow as a person and it has solely been focused on both real and fantasy football.

What he did this year was great for the sport in which we all love and was great for his team. IMO, the hype did not equate to his abilities to be consistent and sustain the success in which he was having in both winning games and fantasy production. The guy could end up proving me wrong but only time will tell.

The interesting follow up to this entire thread will be to see where Tebow is being drafted at this summer and how he peforms to that ADP.
Go Big Red!