movie reviews

thegambler

movie reviews

Post by thegambler » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:13 am

not much going on so i figured i would start a thread about the movies we have seen and what people thought about them.

i have seen 3 movies the past couple of weeks:

mission impossible 3: decent movie, lots of action. i saw something on cable about how tom cruise does all of his own stunts. hearing that made the movie a little better for me. plus one of the agents is some carzy hott chick.....that helped some. all in all a decent movie but nothing special.....i would wait for video on this one.

sherlock holmes: very good movie. if you liked the first one you will love this one. if you didn't like the first one you will still like this one. very witty movie with some very cool special effects. iron man is perfect for these tyes of movies, very likeable guy with some witty humor and good one liners ( btw, i hate one liners, but i like his). one of my favorite movies of the year. to me, a must see movie....so go out and see it now....stop reading this and go!!!

the devil inside: a low budget horror flick that does what it is suppose to do....scare the hell out of you!!! possession movies give me the heebie jeebies. if you like horror movies then this is a decent one. also cool to see it in a giant theater where you are the only one in it.....makes it that much scarier :D

Diesel

movie reviews

Post by Diesel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 am

Nice info Gambler...I'm not a fan of the Mission Impossible movies because I just can't believe in Tom Cruise as that kind of character.

I did like Sherlock Holmes' first movie. I enjoy the witty sarcastic jokes and liked the casting. Looking forward to the 2nd.

I have to admit, the commercials for The Devil Inside spook the hell out of me. Especially if I'm up at 2 or 3 am falling asleep and the commercial comes on then...LOL...Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

thegambler

movie reviews

Post by thegambler » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:10 am

i have seen 3 movies over the last week: real steel, the lady in black and chronicle.

real steel: good family (disney) type movie. it is rock'em sock'em robots and rocky rolled into one. it was a cool movie....if you have kids they will like it a lot

the lady in black: just saw this yesterday. i love seeing horror flicks in the theater. this one was especially fun to watch since i was the only person in the giant movie theater. makes you even more jumpy....i found myself looking behind me several times even though i knew no one was behind me. the movie itself was just ok....some good scares but kinda stupid and slow. i have to say that harry potter was pretty good.

chronicle: surprisingly good movie. did not have much hope for this one but it turned out to be pretty decent. it was kinda real-ish. it made you think if something crazy like this happen, this is how people would handle their new super powers.....not like spiderman or superman but as regular people. if you get a chance check this one out. it surprised me......and the ending was very cool

Diesel

movie reviews

Post by Diesel » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 am

I saw "Moneyball" last night. I loved this movie. I'm not a baseball guy for a long time now, but this movie really had me into it. There is a time for change in everything in this world, and the first to do so is usually frowned upon. There was nothing about this movie I didn't like. I almost signed up for an NFBC league after watching this movie. Somebody talk me off the ledge before I start playing fantasy baseball. LOL

Ted's Cracked Head

movie reviews

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 pm

The boss lady and I watched Moneyball last night too and enjoyed it. It was a good baseball movie, not "Sandlot" good, but worth the time for sure.

Unlike Marc, I had no urge to make that mistake again.

I am stoked to go see a bunch of minor league games again this year. Both the Cubs and White Sox are going to fit that description this season. That is unless Theo can work some "Moneyball Magic" in year 1!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Diesel

movie reviews

Post by Diesel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 am

Watching a lot of movies lately...

"Harold and Kumar's Christmas"...I giggled 3 times in 90 minutes. Enough said?

"Made"...Pretty good movie. I grew up with a few people just like the characters in this movie. I liked the storyline but there was a few times where I was praying for Vince Vaughn to just shut up. He definitely is a character where he is encouraged to improvise on his script and it creates some really funny situations, but he needs an "off" button sometimes. LOL

Diesel

movie reviews

Post by Diesel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Rented the movie "Staten Island", with Vincent D'Nafrio last night. So glad I rented it from the Redbox at the supermarket because this movie was barely worth the $1.60 it costed to rent. If you're considering this movie, PASS.