Problems with Bids?

jdobies64

Problems with Bids?

Post by jdobies64 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:07 am

Anyone else having these issues:

Only showing a partial roster when selecting a player to drop

Only be allowed to attach four players to any player being dropped from current roster

Milkman Dead

Problems with Bids?

Post by Milkman Dead » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:53 am

Your 2nd issue I'm not having and I'm not really sure why that would happen.

Your 1st issue has to do position eligibility. If you're trying to add someone who is only eligible at Guard, then you won't be able to drop a forward or center who's already in your starting lineup. The simple way around this is to bench the players that you plan on dropping beforehand. Then it doesn't matter what position you add.

As for my own issues...

I would like to say that this FAAB system really needs to be upgraded. The process just takes way too long and is not an efficient one. If you want to adjust a bid, you have to delete the old one first, then find the player again and make a new bid.

Doing this once is fine, but having to do this for multiple players and multiple teams every single week is going to be a major pain. There should be an easier way to adjust your bids. ESPN finally added FAAB this year, and there system is a breath of fresh air compared to Fanball's. You make your initial bids, then if you want to make any adjustments, you click on a dropdown menu to see all bids at once, and can just click on any box to edit their amounts. It makes a lot more sense and is much easier to use.

wizardbw

Problems with Bids?

Post by wizardbw » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:24 am

Not being able to adjust bids in the FAAB page is really a pain.

Glenneration X

Problems with Bids?

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah, I had forgotten how behind the FAAB system is for the NFBBC.
There doesn't appear to be any upgrades from last year for these leagues.

Greg, Tom, please let us know if the following can be provided:

-The ability to edit your bids.
-Contingency bids.
-A category for games played on the FAAB page.
-Live Standings.

Glenn

Son of Jack Bauer

Problems with Bids?

Post by Son of Jack Bauer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:59 pm

As a newcomer to basketball fantasy, the initial FAAB period was quite the eye-opener. Given the length of the basketball season, I presumed the first week of bidding would be generally smallish. My mistake. Didn't get any of the four bids I put in. Live and learn. Of course, after the bidding, I hear Z-Bo may have a fractured tailbone (thought it was simply a bruise). Gotta love getting kicked in the gut right out of the gate (and having Kenyon Martin and Josh Howard on your bench). Probably should have put a little more time into studying the backend of the basketball draft before plunking down the entry fee (even if only $125). I'm sure my competitors appreciate my contribution to the kitty.

I concur with others that the Fanball FAAB for basketball is clunky, to say the least. Of the 66 bids made in our league, 15 were successful. I can only imagine the time taken to input, adjust and quality control those bids.

I just need to keep reminding myself that basketball fantasy is more like baseball than football (even if it is the Fall...lol). Maybe that will help me to ignore my early shortcomings.

Sebadiah23

Problems with Bids?

Post by Sebadiah23 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:06 am

Yeah it's a pain but on the other hand you sorta get used to it by hitting "back" twice a lot on your browser after bids. As, if it allowed duplicate bids it would be less of a headache to make adjustments
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/

Tom Kessenich

Problems with Bids?

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:41 am

Here is a response from our programmers with regards to a couple of questions people had about the FAAB process:

** The site only shows 12 available players to cut when selecting a player to drop. We have 16 in the NFBBC, so we need four more listings.

This will not be true for everyone. The reason it is only showing certain players is because the site will not allow you to create an illegal lineup. So if you are bidding on a forward, then you will not see anyone who is in your lineup as a Guard or Center. All other positions will be available to be dropped.

** You can only have four conditional bids to any player being dropped from current roster. Can we expand that so that folks can have more conditional bids per drop?

I was able to create 5 bids for a particular player in our test league. The site will not however let you create the same bid more than once. For instance, you can't Purchase Timofey Mozgov and Drop Bogut more than one time no matter if you bid amount is different.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Money

Problems with Bids?

Post by Money » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 am

Could you please look at the FAAB results page. It would be much easier to read if simply organized by each player picked up. Please keep us updated with the site upgrades that are sure to follow.

Thanks.
Joe

wizardbw

Problems with Bids?

Post by wizardbw » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:09 am

Originally posted by FAST MONEY:
Could you please look at the FAAB results page. It would be much easier to read if simply organized by each player picked up. Please keep us updated with the site upgrades that are sure to follow.

Thanks. We probably don't need to sell all the fail bids in that page, just the successful bids. I thought we are suppose to see only our own fail bids, on another page.

Sebadiah23

Problems with Bids?

Post by Sebadiah23 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 am

Tom, if I want to raise my bid a little bit on a guy at the last second, I have to risk not getting the bid in at all due to having to delete the bid first, just like you said about your testing. That is very nerve-wracking and error-prone if I'm interrupted in the middle of doing it.

Simply getting rid of that validation logic would be awesome, for the little effort needed.
-Durant/GWallace/Millsap/Ibaka ride it
http://kielinski.blogspot.com/