Player should get credit for any scoring!!!

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:01 am

Not that any of my ideas have ever influenced the NFFC to make a change but.....

Players should be awarded points for scoring any TD's. A perfect example is if you have Reggie Bush. How can your own player score against you? Secondly, he gets hurt on "special teams" but who really gets penazlized? The Bush owners. Special teams continue on the player has to be replaced.

Please consider this change for 2009. Please, SERIOUSLY consider this and not put if off to the side.

Thanks

Team Canada

Post by Team Canada » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:05 am

I like it the way it is...
Just my vote
2008 double playoffs!!

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:10 am

Why do you feel this way?

Bezoar

Post by Bezoar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:25 am

I have always favored letting a player score any points he may score. If a WR throws a TD pass then he should get those points. If a QB recovers a RBs fumble in the end zone then he should get those points. If a WR plays at DB, intercepts a pass and runs it in for a TD he should get those points.

Both the QB and WR or RB get points for a TD pass/reception. So should both the player and the D/ST get the points for a special teams score.

Alas, few leagues score this way now whereas it was common several years ago.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:26 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Not that any of my ideas have ever influenced the NFFC to make a change but.....

Players should be awarded points for scoring any TD's. A perfect example is if you have Reggie Bush. How can your own player score against you? Secondly, he gets hurt on "special teams" but who really gets penazlized? The Bush owners. Special teams continue on the player has to be replaced.

Please consider this change for 2009. Please, SERIOUSLY consider this and not put if off to the side.

Thanks Daryl, I don't think you can have it both ways with this rule. If as you request that the individual player gets the special teams score, then the Defense/ST can't also get that score. It's not fair to give Bush owners six points and the New Orleans D/ST six points. And if you change to individual players, then it obviously makes the Defenses less valuable.

I don't have any problem hearing a debate on the merits of individual players getting special teams scores, but I would be against rewarding BOTH for that score.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TURBOUGH

Post by TURBOUGH » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:47 am

The perfect example is what I showed.

I was against the Saints defense a week or to ago with Bush on my team. My own player is killing me with TD's on ST. Now he gets hurt on special teams. Now tell me, who is impacted more, Bush owners or Saints special team owners?

Its really no different than a QB catching his own pass and getting double points!!! A QB can score 13 points plus yardage on one play but we can't award ST and a player?

[ October 20, 2008, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: TURBOUGH ]

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:52 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:

Its really no different than a QB catching his own pass and getting double points!!! A QB can score 13 points plus yardage on one play but we can't award ST and a player? This is beyond weak. When was the last time a QB caught his own pass and had positive yardage?
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by TURBOUGH:

Its really no different than a QB catching his own pass and getting double points!!! A QB can score 13 points plus yardage on one play but we can't award ST and a player? This is beyond weak. When was the last time a QB caught his own pass and had positive yardage?
[/QUOTE]I think it was Brad Johnson (Vikings) in the mid 90's. I remember the play, as he scored on it.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:58 am

Daryl,

While I have played in leagues that do reward this, to me it doesn't matter.

One thing I do know is when someone screams for a change like this, they are often the first to get screwed and want to reverse it the following year (Murphy's Law).

I'm fine with the way it is also.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by TURBOUGH:

[/QUOTE]I think it was Brad Johnson (Vikings) in the mid 90's. I remember the play, as he scored on it.
[/QUOTE]LOL... And how many kick return TD's since then?

If this is so important, then draft Bush AND the NO D/ST
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.