Satellite 60's

OrCal Crapshooters

Satellite 60's

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:10 am

Hey Guys
I don't see any of the Sat 60's on the schedule. Are they not being offered this year?

Mark

OrCal Crapshooters

Re: Satellite 60's

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:22 pm

I would actually prefer that the Sat DC's be $100 to $150 range. I like the weekday AM time slots or early afternoon.I'll sign up for a few if you offer the morning/early afternoon times.

Mark

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey Mark, we're not offering them this year. The $150 Draft Champion leagues are taking the place of our $60s.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:22 am

OrCal Crapshooters wrote:Hey Guys
I don't see any of the Sat 60's on the schedule. Are they not being offered this year?

Mark
We unveiled the NFFC '60s last year for a number of reasons. First of all, we knew that folks loved the Draft Champions format where you just draft and then let the computer pick your optimal scoring lineup each week. It's a great way to prep for your big-money leagues and it's better than any mock draft you could ever do. So we knew that with a low price point and the DC format that folks would love it.

Also, last year we were returning to the NFFC with new draft software since we rejoined STATS and wanted folks to test it out early in the off-season and feel comfortable with it. That worked out perfectly. And finally, with the NFL lockout lasting until late July, it was one way to get people drafting before the lockout concluded and get the 2011 season started. A higher price point would have deterred an early start last year.

This year we thought about bringing back the NFFC '60s, but we really felt that this format was better served through our national DC contest. Last year we ran a Slow Draft Championship and got 17 leagues in just 3 weeks of time. We awarded $3,500 to the eventual champion, Joseph Treffiletti, and then had a record-breaking NFBC Slow Draft season when we ran 70 leagues. We finished with 1,050 Slow Draft teams in baseball and grew the grand prize to $10,000. That's an amazing total when you consider that baseball has 15 teams per league and 50 rounds, or 750 players. The success in baseball proved to us that this format could grow to unprecedented heights in football, where we have only 14 teams and 30 rounds (420 total players).

So in 2012, we are unveiling the Draft Champions National Championship with a still-affordable $150 price point, $950 league prize and $10,000 grand prize. We will run these drafts as they fill and keep doing them through late August. We'll also set aside a night each week for folks to draft these teams all at once, rather than in a "slow draft" format. If folks want that on Friday night or Sunday night like we had last year, I'll set those up. But we strongly believe that this format will be very successful with teams having 8 hours per pick and in formats where all 14 owners draft in one night, while still battling for the same overall prizes.

I hope this better explains our thought process for this. We understand that the private league format is nice, but we still have a solid league format with the $150 and $375 Draft Champions payouts while also having great overall prizes. Good luck this year and we hope you try out our Draft Champions National Championship.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

SS

Post by SS » Tue May 01, 2012 9:34 pm

I liked the 60's and think it's a big mistake not bringing them back this year. I like the practice for future drafts that actually mean something and that I can win a cash prize in instead of just doing a regular mock. I think having a lower price point like this would bring more people in Greg and eventually they might play the bigger leagues that we all enjoy, just a thought...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Tue May 01, 2012 11:49 pm

The 60's were fun but I do see Greg's point.I just don't have the excitement for the slow drafts as I like to draft and be done. I like the DC format, but I want it over with in one night.I don't think offering regular $150 DC's would take away from the people lining up for the slow draft National Championship.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 02, 2012 7:49 am

OrCal Crapshooters wrote:The 60's were fun but I do see Greg's point.I just don't have the excitement for the slow drafts as I like to draft and be done. I like the DC format, but I want it over with in one night.I don't think offering regular $150 DC's would take away from the people lining up for the slow draft National Championship.
Yes, these $150 Draft Champions Leagues will be offered in one night as part of the National Championship offerings. They will replace the NFFC '60s, give you 30 rounds of drafting, provide league prizes and a shot at the $10,000 grand prize. Again, I'll do these on Friday nights or Sunday nights or any night that folks want them. Let's just fill them up with 14 owners who all want to finish this draft in one night and we'll get it done. I trust these will be very popular in August before our live drafts and will take us well past our stated goals in the National Championship.

Thanks for the feedback all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 am

Hi Greg

Sorry,I didn't read your earlier post regarding the $150 one day drafts. I would like a daytime option or 2 to choose from. Can you list a few weekday dates and times and lets see if we can fill the 10am or 1pm time slot. You can always cancel if it doesn't fill.We only need a choice of times so we can register. :P

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 am

OrCal Crapshooters wrote:Hi Greg

Sorry,I didn't read your earlier post regarding the $150 one day drafts. I would like a daytime option or 2 to choose from. Can you list a few weekday dates and times and lets see if we can fill the 10am or 1pm time slot. You can always cancel if it doesn't fill.We only need a choice of times so we can register. :P
We can do these anytime, as long as we have 14 owners willing to draft at that time. I think we'll have much more interest in doing these once July and August roll around. I'll gladly pick a date of the week and time then and see if we can fill them up. Easy to do. People will just have to list their intentions on the message boards and once we fill it up we'll get everyone officially signed up. Easy enough to do and something we did this past baseball off-season.

If you want to try and fill one in May, pick a day and time and I'll start a separate thread for it. Sound good?

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Wed May 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks Greg, you're easy. :D

How about May 29th@1:00PM ET. If you want to try early in June on a Tuesday, I'm ok with that as well. But I'm a little flexible. :P

Mark