NFFC To Host Live Drafts At Fantasy Football Fest

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC To Host Live Drafts At Fantasy Football Fest

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 am

All of us here at the NFFC are happy to announce that we will be part of the debut Fantasy Football Fest in Atlantic City this summer. The NFFC will be the live pay fantasy games provider at this debut consumer show at the Atlantic City Convention Center in New Jersey on Aug. 18-19.

Fantasy Football Fest is the industry's first true consumer show that involves everything football related from expert seminars, local league drafts, private pay leagues, celebrity autograph signings, video game tournaments, interactive events and more. ReedPOP, the company that sponsors all kinds of pop culture shows -- such as New York Comic Con (NYCC), Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) East & West, Star Wars Celebration and UFC® Fan Expo -- is the organizer of Fantasy Football Fest.

The event will be held over two days at the Atlantic City Convention Center: Saturday, Aug. 18 from 10 am to 6 pm and Sunday, Aug. 19 from 10 am to 3 pm. The NFFC will be part of the 30,000 square foot Draft Room where pay drafts and local leagues will be held. Local leagues are invited to draft live throughout the weekend, while the NFFC will be hosting live 12-Team Satellite Leagues with entry fees of $150, $250, $500 and $1,000 per team, along with $150 14-Team Draft Champions leagues every hour throughout the live event. NFFC leagues will be formed live at the event, giving show goers a chance to join a newly formed league and win cash prizes.

Activities and special events include a Draft Day Party, Athlete and Celebrity appearances, Sports Video Game tournaments and free-play, interactive athletic competitions, Sports Memorabilia, a Tailgate Party and Beer Tasting. Headlining the autograph list to date are Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, Joe Theismann, Lawrence Tayler and OJ Anderson.

"Every event that ReedPOP produces offers a world-class celebration of pop culture by providing unique access, up close and personal experiences and interactive events that focus on exactly what the fans want most,” said Greg Topalian, Sr. Vice President, ReedPOP. “The Fantasy Football Fest is an exciting addition to our portfolio in that it harnesses the passion of the virtual Fantasy Football world to an in-person, live event.”

Fantasy Football Fest is projected to bring in over 25,000 fans to approximately 300,000 square feet of total experience space. While the Fantasy Football Fest focuses on fantasy football including space for leagues to conduct drafts and fantasy experts such as ESPN's Matthew Berry and RotoExperts' Scott Engel providing tips and insights to help players’ teams perform at their best, the festival is much more than just fantasy. It also includes a large memorabilia area, autograph area, interactive football area and even a tailgate party section. Companies such as Steiner Sports, FatHead, Modell's and SiriusXM are already committed to be part of this show.

"We are always looking for ways to attract new members to the NFFC and we strongly believe that Fantasy Football Fest will put us in front of some of the most passionate fantasy football players in the country," said Greg Ambrosius, General Manager of Consumer Fantasy Games at STATS LLC. "We know that these consumers will be interested in live drafts with solid payouts and the NFFC will be there to get them in competitive leagues. We look forward to adding many new East Coast players to the NFFC community and spreading the word about our live drafts in September."

For more information on the show, go to http://www.FantasyFootballFest.com.

Here's the Schedule of Events, broken down by events we are offering:

NFFC $150 Draft Champions National Championship:
Saturday, Aug. 18, 10 am
Saturday, Aug. 18, 1 pm
Saturday, Aug. 18, 3 pm
Sunday, Aug. 19, 10 am
Sunday, Aug. 19, Noon

NFFC $150 Pay Top 3 League (12 Teams)
Saturday, Aug. 18, 11 am
Saturday, Aug. 18, 1 pm
Saturday, Aug. 18, 2 pm
Saturday, Aug. 18, 4 pm
Sunday, Aug. 19, 10 am
Sunday, Aug. 19, 11 am
Sunday, Aug. 19, 1 pm

NFFC $250 Pay Top 3 League (12 Teams)
Saturday, Aug. 18, Noon
Sunday, Aug. 19, 11 am

NFFC $500 Pay Top 3 League (12 Teams)
Saturday, Aug. 18, 4 pm
Sunday, Aug. 19, 1 pm

NFFC $1,000 Pay Top 3 League (12 Teams)
Saturday, Aug. 18, 3 pm
Sunday, Aug. 19, Noon
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Re: NFFC To Host Live Drafts At Fantasy Football Fest

Post by Diesel » Wed May 16, 2012 2:35 pm

1-How much are the tickets to be able to attend these live drafts?

2-Are any of the live drafts nffc draft championship leagues?

3-Are all live drafts NFFC run leagues?

4-You spelled Lawrence Taylor's name wrong!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Diesel wrote:1-How much are the tickets to be able to attend these live drafts?

2-Are any of the live drafts nffc draft championship leagues?

3-Are all live drafts NFFC run leagues?

4-You spelled Lawrence Taylor's name wrong!
1. I think they are charging $55 per day or $70 for both days. So yes, you'd have to buy a ticket to the show as well. I'm not sure what all comes with that or if you'll be able to find specials online, but those are the prices on the site.

2. Yes, our NFFC Draft Champions National Championship will be part of these live drafts. $150, 14 teams, 30 rounds. We have 2-3 of these planned each day.

3. Yes

4. LT. Better? ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed May 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Spelling it Lawrence TaylEr is like writing Brett Pharve. :)

I'm glad it says "guests may or may not sign autographs". Seriously, I can't spend the day signing autographs if I come there to draft. ;)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed May 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Diesel wrote:
I'm glad it says "guests may or may not sign autographs". Seriously, I can't spend the day signing autographs if I come there to draft. ;)
Well I was coming until I heard this news! No autographs from Diesel, no show for me! :P

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed May 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Billy, if you come in, I'll sign something for you. But please text me before. I usually ask my body guards to not allow anyone to approach me as I'm drafting. I'd hate for things to get ugly. Lmao

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed May 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Diesel wrote:Billy, if you come in, I'll sign something for you. But please text me before. I usually ask my body guards to not allow anyone to approach me as I'm drafting. I'd hate for things to get ugly. Lmao
You need body guards???? PLEASE.....you're the DIESEL!!!!!

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
Diesel wrote:Billy, if you come in, I'll sign something for you. But please text me before. I usually ask my body guards to not allow anyone to approach me as I'm drafting. I'd hate for things to get ugly. Lmao
You need body guards???? PLEASE.....you're the DIESEL!!!!!
LMAO

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Diesel wrote:Spelling it Lawrence TaylEr is like writing Brett Pharve. :)

Sorry, I have a son named Tayler. I thought everyone spelled it that way. ;)

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Thu May 17, 2012 7:33 am

It's cool Greg. I just like to bust ballz.

This event seems to have everything covered. I'm considering coming to draft, and at the same time, I may wear my Boba Fet costume or my Wolverine costume. Hmmmm. This is interesting. Lol