NFFC Poll: What's More Worriesome, Draft Or FAAB?

What has you more concerned about the upcoming season in the NFFC, the draft or FAAB?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:06 am

a) The Draft
25%
b) FAAB
75%

Total votes: 20

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Poll: What's More Worriesome, Draft Or FAAB?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 am

This may look like a simple a) or b) poll, but I think it may say something about our upcoming season. With everything that is needed to win your league prize and the overall prize in our national championships, what has you more concerned about your performance this year: The Draft or your in-season FAAB moves?

Usually it's the draft, but this year with two FAAB periods (Wednesdays and Fridays) it could be the FAAB period. Answer the question below and let's see what the group is thinking before we head into the season. Good luck all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Chi_Town_FEW

Re: NFFC Poll: What's More Worriesome, Draft Or FAAB?

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:03 am

I voted FAAB, and not because of the two pick ups per week. If it is anything like last year, the weakest FAAB I have ever seen, just getting someone serviceable off the wavier wire is huge. Last year it was Cam, Robbinson, Akers, and Kasay. Two are kickers. I am sure I missed one or two but that was it as far as difference makers in my leagues. Talking 14 teams here.
Last edited by Chi_Town_FEW on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:10 am

Easily FAAB. Not worrisome......just a burden.

The best part of the fantasy season is August/early September because everything you predict to happen is still going to happen! Every draft is a winner on draft day to the person who drafted it. Once the season starts, it is generally players not living up to expectations and injuries. :(

Don't mean to be "doom and gloom", but the majority of players drafted generally fall into that category.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:40 am

Interesting poll results so far. Once you vote you have access to the running poll numbers, so jump in to give us your opinion and then check them out for yourself. I'll update the poll numbers middle of this week and discuss what they mean. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:27 pm

It's interesting to note that 74% of you felt that the FAAB period will be more worrisome this season than the draft. With two FAAB periods from Weeks 2 through 13, I can understand the time needed to do these properly, so good luck there. Hopefully you can really enjoy your drafts, nail all of your picks and cruise right through the FAAB season!! :D Good luck all and thanks for participating in this poll.

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 pm

The draft is fun, fun, fun and some more fun. As one of the guys above posted, you almost always feel good about your team. It's the waiver wire that takes so much time and energy for those next 13 weeks. You almost always see at least 3 players at a position you think can have value. It's trying to figure out which one will give you the most bang for your buck, how many bucks to spend and which of the children you drafted to throw out (Sophie's Choice, right?)...

Pete