Dallas Cowboys

HOLLYWOODJAMES

Dallas Cowboys

Post by HOLLYWOODJAMES » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:02 am

Okay, so Tony Romo had a good game, but keep in mind it was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. It was obvious that the Bucs didn't show up for the game. They looked more like a Pee Wee league team rather than an NFL team.

Anybody can pick apart a defense when they don't even make an effort. As Romo did his usual playground antics, running around and avoiding the rush, the Bucs defenders simply gave up. Three touchdowns where the receiver was wide open with the Bucs defender just standing there watching him catch the ball.

From a fantasy perspective, nice numbers for Romo, and all Romo owners should call the Bucs front office thanking them for keeping Raheem Morris on the job for another week.

But before Cowboys fans get all excited thinking their team is fantabulous and headed for the playoffs...whoa nellie...they just aren't good enough. Now, I could get into how overrated Romo really is, but that would take too much time, so just enjoy the points you got from him last night because games like that, for Romo at least, will be few and far between.

Next week the Eagles will trounce them once again like they did earlier in the year, and the following week the Giants will again win a close one to win the NFC East.
2011 Online Championship League Champion (Best record)

Rog

Dallas Cowboys

Post by Rog » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:14 am

romo 19tds with 3 ints. in his last 8 games and throw in 1 rushing td

BillyWaz

Dallas Cowboys

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:26 am

Originally posted by HollywoodJames:
Now, I could get into how overrated Romo really is, but that would take too much time, so just enjoy the points you got from him last night because games like that, for Romo at least, will be few and far between.
So putting up 30+ NFFC fantasy points in 4 of his last 6 games is "few and far between"?

That is something that Brees, Brady, and Cam ALL haven't done.

HOLLYWOODJAMES

Dallas Cowboys

Post by HOLLYWOODJAMES » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:48 am

5 out of 15...not bad.

[ December 18, 2011, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: HollywoodJames ]
2011 Online Championship League Champion (Best record)

jimchristie

Dallas Cowboys

Post by jimchristie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:53 am

4 out of 15...not bad. In the world of fantasy football I believe in the old adage, "What have you done for me lately." Romo has been outstanding recently; not his fault Garrett calls a T.O when Bailey kicks the winning FG; Not Romo's fault NYG block a FG attempt. .

Sandman62

Dallas Cowboys

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:23 am

Now, I could get into how overrated Romo really is, but that would take too much time, so just enjoy the points you got from him last night because games like that, for Romo at least, will be few and far between.Your obvious Cowboys hatred aside, you are so far off from a fantasy perspective that it's hilarious!

Romo is the NFFC's QB7 this year, and that includes playing through broken ribs for well over a month.

Last year, he missed most of the season due to injury. In the 5 full games that he did play, he averaged 27 NFFC PPG.

Here's the real kicker though, I had put this together last year, in response to someone else's "overrated" claim when we were considering targeting Romo in drafts. From 2007-09, Romo was every bit as good, perhaps even better, as an NFFC QB than none other than Peyton Manning! :eek:

Romo vs. PManning - 2007-09

By all means, please don't let the facts get in the way of your unsubstantiated emotional opinion'! :rolleyes:

[ December 18, 2011, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

DOOMSDAY

Dallas Cowboys

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:14 am

I'm speechless.

Overrated? Granted, he is not the best thing out there but there are not many I could say are much better. I view him as "underrated" - I mean who gets more blame and more bad press than this guy? No one, period.

Interesting stat shown during last nights game. In first 70 starts Romo is 3rd in passing yardage, behind only Marino in 1st and Warner in 2nd.

Another player who I feel is extremely underrated is Eli, especially by his own fans. I cannot understand how many Giants fans hate this guy, it's quite remarkable.

I'm happy with either as my real life QB.