NO DO OVER DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR

gorgo

NO DO OVER DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR

Post by gorgo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 pm

The most irritating and to me unfair NFFc rule is let someone benefit from the do over draft pick. You know what I mean ,having the draft stopped because of a glitch; usually caused by someone using draft software not being able to keep up. That is what your draft list is for people. If you meant to pick someone else tough. We are playing for thousands of dollars if you are not prepared , cannot keep up or make a mistake you definitely should not beneit from it at this level. Once picks are made after the screwup they should not be taken away from players who have not messed up and are better prepared or why do we bother to keep time. as it is now you can miss a pick see someone make the the pick you were too stupid to make press the help button and take a player from someones roster. I :oops: :evil: suggest changing the do over draft policy to better luck next time.

got heeem

Re: NO DO OVER DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR

Post by got heeem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:02 pm

gorgo wrote:The most irritating and to me unfair NFFc rule is let someone benefit from the do over draft pick. You know what I mean ,having the draft stopped because of a glitch; usually caused by someone using draft software not being able to keep up. That is what your draft list is for people. If you meant to pick someone else tough. We are playing for thousands of dollars if you are not prepared , cannot keep up or make a mistake you definitely should not beneit from it at this level. Once picks are made after the screwup they should not be taken away from players who have not messed up and are better prepared or why do we bother to keep time. as it is now you can miss a pick see someone make the the pick you were too stupid to make press the help button and take a player from someones roster. I :oops: :evil: suggest changing the do over draft policy to better luck next time.
Thank you for posting this gorgo .I could'nt agree more this happened to me the other night in a online $350 league .The guy was able to stop the draft 4 picks after his turn and get the player i was going to take . Why bother to have a clock in play . This do over 4 picks latter is CRAP . There are no do overs at the main event so WHY IS THERE IN ANY OF THE OTHER DRAFTS . This is why is a clock . :evil: :evil: :twisted:

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Ithink you should only be able to stop the draft if you are a stupid moron . If you are such then go for it other wise draft your turn if you f - up to bad .

Sack

Post by Sack » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Good thread. The software has been excellent. If a person has a problem, it is most likely caused by the person drafting.
You are provided a phone number for the draft facilitator prior to each draft. If you have a computer issue, you should be ready to call in as soon as you have a problem. Once the person or persons make there selections and the player's name is place on the board for that team - no rollback should allow for those players to be taken by another team. The guy that had the issue gets to pick - but anybody off the board needs to remain off the board.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

Sack wrote:Once the person or persons make there selections and the player's name is place on the board for that team - no rollback should allow for those players to be taken by another team. The guy that had the issue gets to pick - but anybody off the board needs to remain off the board.
This is how we do it, Ken. We allow rollbacks but the person receiving the rollback cannot pick anyone who was selected after him.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:
Sack wrote:Once the person or persons make there selections and the player's name is place on the board for that team - no rollback should allow for those players to be taken by another team. The guy that had the issue gets to pick - but anybody off the board needs to remain off the board.
This is how we do it, Ken. We allow rollbacks but the person receiving the rollback cannot pick anyone who was selected after him.
...um Tom what about the second poster here?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:28 pm

As far as the issue in general our feeling is that an online draft is much different than a live draft so the rules can't be applied the same across the board. There is no chance, for example, that someone will lose their Internet connection at a live draft and suddenly be unable to make a pick. That clearly could never happen. So we want to have a rule in place which protects owners from situations that may occur in terms of technology that are outside their control. We've had people dealing with hurricanes and major storms and weather issues of other kinds over the years and if we simply said "No rollbacks allowed" these people would not be able to draft the teams they want which would clearly place them at a significant disadvantage compared to "live" drafters.

We're blessed to have great draft software in place that our tech team has built but even with that being the case there still are technological issues that could arise during a draft. So we have our rollback rule in place for that reason. I don't want to speak for Greg but I would be reluctant to get rid of that rule completely next year. Given the significant number of online leagues that we are now running for both football and baseball I think we need to have a failsafe in place that protects the owners from issues that may be beyond their control and allow them to enjoy the draft and select the players and teams they want to draft.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Captain Hook wrote:
Tom Kessenich wrote:
...um Tom what about the second poster here?
What happened in that draft is there was a rollback and the person who had the tech issue selected Jermaine Gresham. Another owner (who had not picked yet; this is very important) then said that is who he was going to select. He had not made the pick however. Since that selection had never been made the Gresham pick was allowed to go through for the owner who had the rollback. So our rule was enforced properly. We rolled back and no player who had subsequently been picked was allowed to be chosen by the owner who had the tech issue.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Let's not make a big deal out of nothing. As long as when a rollback occurs, the player with the internet problem can not choose someone who was already taken, what's the issue? Honestly, the biggest concern for something like this is it's annoying.....however, it's also fair. There have been times I've personally waited to make my pick because I knew someone else was having an issue, both online and live. I don't need an advantage because someone else had a problem. Noone should.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Let's not make a big deal out of nothing. As long as when a rollback occurs, the player with the internet problem can not choose someone who was already taken, what's the issue? Honestly, the biggest concern for something like this is it's annoying.....however, it's also fair. There have been times I've personally waited to make my pick because I knew someone else was having an issue, both online and live. I don't need an advantage because someone else had a problem. Noone should.

very true glen. i think the first round is on you next wed. :D :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN