Drew Owners happy, Jennings owners not so much

ALL-IN JD - Football

Drew Owners happy, Jennings owners not so much

Post by ALL-IN JD - Football » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 am

Maurice Jones-Drew ended his holdout and reported to Jaguars camp on Sunday.
The holdout lasted 38 days. As a result, Jones-Drew could be slapped with a $1.2 million fine from the team, according to the AP's Mark Long. With players set to start receiving their paychecks this week, Jones-Drew's holdout never figured to last past the first day or so in September. It's going to take the league's 2011 leading rusher a few weeks to get up to game speed, so Rashad Jennings figures to handle the bulk of the workload in the meantime. Still, it won't be long before he's back to 20 or so touches each game. He's back on the board as a back-end RB1 in fantasy drafts.

FantasyQB

Re: Drew Owners happy, Jennings owners not so much

Post by FantasyQB » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 am

As a dual MJD / Jennings owner, I welcome this news. We know what MJD's ceiling can be and Jennings shown enough to make him a valuable handcuff. Let's see how this translates into this week's drafts.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:54 am

The reason MJD held out so long is likely because he also knows his ceiling - and he hit it last year - when his rookie QB had no OTAs and no receivers. MJD knows that those variables have changed considerably.

I have him as RB11 on my board.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 pm

I still worry about the recent historical precedence of holdout RBs tending to suck for whatever reason but when I look at the RBs on the board at the end of the first/early second it's difficult for me to ignore MJD right now. I'd possibly consider Murray ahead of him but if the choice is Forte, MJD, Richardson or Charles I'm probably leaning toward MJD at this point.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich