Thanks Greg

hankstr56

Thanks Greg

Post by hankstr56 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:10 pm

for a great Vegas draft. Good to see you in person again and thanks for the excellent job that you and Tom always do. My co-manager and I have had a blast - everything was top notch at the draft. Can't wait for the games tomorrow.

Henry Cantrell and Dale Eyrolles (Mensa Lite)

Ry's Guys

Re: Thanks Greg

Post by Ry's Guys » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:39 pm

I echo your sentiments. Just got home from a great three days! Greg, the viewing party/draft was a blast and the suite was sweeeet! :D Thanks for putting on a first class live event and the great food and drink! Can't wait til next year!
Pat Sorge

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:15 am

I agree 100%. That's the most fun I've had in a long time. That viewing party setup will be an NFFC tradition for many years. The food provided at the drafts was phenomenal...as was the the endless bottles of cold beer!

It was great seeing all the guys and making some new friends. Finally meeting many of the MB fellows in person will really make the entire season even friendlier and more meaningful. I even came out ahead at the Blackjack tables!

Thanks for putting on such a classy event and running the best contest in the business. The best keeps getting better!
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:15 am

YES , thanks greg for everything in vegas. from the viewing party to the sunday games. it was great to see old friends and to meet new friends from the mb. could not have gone better from start to end. GREAT JOB !!!
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:YES , thanks greg for everything in vegas. from the viewing party to the sunday games. it was great to see old friends and to meet new friends from the mb. could not have gone better from start to end. GREAT JOB !!!
Frank...I'm surprised that when you woke up Monday morning that you even had any memory of the entire weekend... ;)
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:39 pm

paul , thats the sober me. shy and bashful. does that get me one free session. :lol:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Yes thanks Greg for putting together a great weekend and see you next year at margaritaville!!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks about Las Vegas. It's great to see similar comments from New York and Chicago as I felt like our staff was prepared to put on good live events in every city and the post-draft comments reflect that. We certainly appreciate the effort that everyone took to come to the live events and we wanted to make sure that their efforts were met with first class service.

As for Las Vegas, I couldn't have been happier with our host venue and our NFFC participants. The Bellagio is just a fantastic, fantastic, fantastic venue to host live drafts at. I've been hosting live events for 14 years now and I've never worked with a hotel with better service, better management, better food or better all-around settings as the Bellagio. On the first day I got there, Bellagio workers would see me and go "Welcome Back Greg." They all knew me by name and were so happy to see me they'd give me big hugs. They provided the best service ever and made adjustments on the fly to accommodate us.

The food this year was just SPECTACULAR. We had a variety of items from Mexican to Italian to deli to Americana. Something was different every event and each time it was GREAT. The rooms were spacious enough and the facilitators were knowledgeable and quick with the stickers. Our NFFC Primetimes were routinely done in 1 hour and 40 minutes and it's not because we were pushing them. Our facilitators were quick with the stickers, but our participants knew who they wanted. I've never seen drafters so amped up with each pick to SHOUT IT OUT loudly and quickly!! :lol: Things got done so quickly that I had to bring the food out 15 minutes earlier than expected each draft.

And best of all, our participants in Las Vegas showed up early for every event. There are no late stragglers anymore. Everyone wants to get there early, take a look at previous draft boards, get a little something to drink or eat, and know where they are drafting. We have the badges right there on the tables where they're sitting and we start on time every time. I rarely have to call anyone 5 minutes out from the start of the draft.

When you have a great host venue, great facilitators, great drafters and great food & drink, it sure makes my job easy. Heck, I just get to sit back, pop a Corona and watch the fun. And these days, that fun is done in less than 2 hours!! :D Gotta love it.

So a BIG THANK YOU back at ya!! :mrgreen: It was my pleasure to host these Las Vegas drafts and next year will be even bigger and better. And with any luck, it will be right back at the Bellagio, where I hope the NFFC and NFBC stays until I happily retire!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:49 pm

One more note here: That NFL Viewing Party is HERE TO STAY!! :mrgreen: Man, that was a nice, nice setup and we'll do something similar again next year. I liked having the NFFC Gridiron League kick it off and we'll do that again next year, albeit a little earlier before kickoff. I know I can get that room again for next year, so we'll just start the draft at 2 pm instead of 3 pm PT.

With the NFL game back on Thursday night next year, we'll all have to discuss the schedule going forward. But I hope people learned that there's a lot we can do from Wednesday through Sunday if everyone plans accordingly. I could see some Wednesday night and Thursday morning/early afternoon drafts in Las Vegas next year, again providing 3-4 full days of drafts before the openers on Sunday. Anyone else with me there?

CAN'T WAIT until next September!!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius