Idea's to improve the NFFC experience - for little expense.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue May 11, 2010 11:50 am

This thread is to share ideas to improve the NFFC experience, adding little or no cost to the event.

I had one ... I bet there are more.

I see people post on the message boards all the time ... but have no idea what there names are.

We get to the draft and I see names that mean nothing to me. How about adding Massage board handle's in bold print on both the name tags and place tags at the draft tables. So When I see THE_BLACKHAND it means something to me. That way I can tell him in person what a jerk he is (Just kidding ... Frank is cool).

Until yesterday ... I had no idea his real name is Frank and the name Frank would have meant nothing to me. I would hate to think I might sit right next to him and never have the fish smell conversation that I know I would have with THE_BLACKHAND (and laugh about it for hours).

Is there even a limit to how many fish smell jokes there are?

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 11, 2010 12:24 pm

It's a great suggestion, but honestly I don't even know everyone's message board name. UBB is a site separate from Fanball's ownership and it's impossible to find all of the user information. I couldn't match all of this up if I wanted to.

Now, maybe we leave a space on the badge for your message board name and have folks write that in with a Sharpie. Not a bad suggestion there.

Keep the suggestions coming. I love a thread like this.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Tue May 11, 2010 4:07 pm

It might be easier to do with team names. You could provide a space on the registration page for team name and print that on the name tag along with the actual name.
Not sure if how many team/MB names are the same but all my stuff is Route C. and I know there are many others that follow that as well.

Good idea Mike. Too bad that Nancy partner of yours never has any :D Just kidding "D"

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Tue May 11, 2010 6:21 pm

Agreed, I think also a MAP of where each drafter is sitting would be helpful.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed May 12, 2010 12:21 am

i got an idea. you can put the home address down also so if they quit during the year and screw you for 5k you can pay them a visit. :D :D :D
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 am

How about the seats at the draft table, in which team #1 - which is on the left side of the draft board - sits on the RIGHT side of the table (and vice-versa)? I don't know about others, but I'd prefer to have a better view of OUR (powerhouse! :D ) team.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed May 12, 2010 3:06 am

Let's introduce everyone like they do at the Nathan's hot dog eating contest! :cool:

We can have a stage, dry ice, and strobe lights .....could be awesome!! :D

Greg is gone today, so it is time to see what we can get out of our Uncle Tom!!!

[ May 12, 2010, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

urmomz

Post by urmomz » Sat May 15, 2010 7:56 am

I liked last year when photos of certain players were given out after being drafted...
How about giving out mini-footballs with NFFC 2010 & Fanball or something printed on them?
"Bumble Bee Tuna." - Ace Ventura

kingraiders

Post by kingraiders » Sat May 15, 2010 4:10 pm

Good thread Mike & some good ideas. I think it'd be nice to be able to get a copy of the drafts when we leave without having to write it all down. It should be pretty easy to have someone load & print out copies at the draft, I'd imagine.

I remember someone filming the draft for our league. If that's the case, how about each owner gets a dvd of the live draft?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun May 16, 2010 3:53 am

Originally posted by kingraiders:
Good thread Mike & some good ideas. I think it'd be nice to be able to get a copy of the drafts when we leave without having to write it all down. It should be pretty easy to have someone load & print out copies at the draft, I'd imagine. Unfortunately it's not and that ties into something I've envisioned us doing since we started doing live events but continues to be financially implausible. My hope for the NFFC and NFBC is that some day we will have laptops at each draft table with projected screens showing all of the picks as opposed to having the big and small draft boards with stickers.

Not only would this be aesthetically a huge improvement but it would enable us to load the rosters immediately for everyone. So as soon as the draft was over you could log into your team page and see your teams. How cool would that be?

Unfortunately, the costs involved with all of this continue to make this a dream and not a reality. I think we might be getting closer but we're not there yet. So being able to load and print out draft results and having results on team pages immediately isn't something we'd be able to do. But trust me, it's something we have discussed and it is something we want to do if we can at some point.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich