Thinking about starting A. Smith over T. Brady

KenGill

Thinking about starting A. Smith over T. Brady

Post by KenGill » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:43 am

Setting my lineups for the day, and I'm thinking about violating one of the major rules of FF -- "never bench your studs"..... Alex Smith played well in week 1 and the 49ers look like a legitimate super bowl team. Plus the game is in PRIME TIME tonight, although he faces a good defense in Detroit. On the other hand Brady plays at 1:00 versus Arizona, a game I won't be able to watch. So should I have the guts to start Smith over Brady?
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

mtreff4

Re: Thinking about starting A. Smith over T. Brady

Post by mtreff4 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:51 am

Starting Alex Smith over Brady is an excellent idea. These decisions where we bench our superstars in order to play someone inferior with a good matchup- they are the stuff that champions are made of. Just wait until you play me before you make this change. Thanks.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 am

If you're in my of my leagues please do that :roll:

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:57 am

mtreff4 wrote:Starting Alex Smith over Brady is an excellent idea. These decisions where we bench our superstars in order to play someone inferior with a good matchup- they are the stuff that champions are made of. Just wait until you play me before you make this change. Thanks.
except in this case the inferior option doesn't have a better match up.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 am

KenGill wrote:Setting my lineups for the day, and I'm thinking about violating one of the major rules of FF -- "never bench your studs"..... Alex Smith played well in week 1 and the 49ers look like a legitimate super bowl team. Plus the game is in PRIME TIME tonight, although he faces a good defense in Detroit. On the other hand Brady plays at 1:00 versus Arizona, a game I won't be able to watch. So should I have the guts to start Smith over Brady?
Do that if you want to lose.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:46 am

As much as I want to do this, I am sticking with Brady. Repeat after me... "The cardinal rule of fantasy football is never bench your studs".
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:02 pm

Well this was looking like a disaster up until the 4th quarter. Brady gave me 21 points so no complaints, no matter what Alex Smith puts up tonight. But I was kicking myself for 2 1/2 hours here.

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:39 pm

what do we know eh Ken? :?