Okay, How Much Time Did You Spend On Friday's FAAB?

Greg Ambrosius

Okay, How Much Time Did You Spend On Friday's FAAB?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:26 am

There was a lot of concern that Friday's second FAAB period of the week would take a lot of time away from NFFC owners. Now that we've been through one week of free agent pickups, was it as bad as you thought? Worse? Not as bad? How much time did you spend on Friday's FAAB, if you don't mind telling?

Is anyone doing their Wednesday FAAB prep as early as Friday night or Saturday morning? Does it help to watch the games on Sunday along with Live Scoring and know that you can bid on free agents right away? Or is everyone still just waiting until the deadline on Wednesday night and making bids?

Inquiring minds want to know (okay, maybe just me). Any feedback on FAAB so far would be good. I know there were some NFFC owners who took fewer teams this year because they thought FAAB would be a huge headache and I'm just wondering if it's as bad as some people thought. Thanks for the feedback and good luck in Week 2.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Re: Okay, How Much Time Did You Spend On Friday's FAAB?

Post by kjduke » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:19 am

After one week, I think I'll like the W/F setup. Friday functions somewhat like leagues that have a faab period followed by a FCFS (first-come first-serve) setup, which is a safety net for late injuries or adding a guy that slipped through the cracks. Across many leagues I spent between $0 and $5 on Friday ... mostly $0.

Money

Post by Money » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 am

I was one of the concerned and spent no time on it all as I forgot all about it. I did take a quick look (Thursday morning) at the list of bids in the primetime to make sure I didn't overlook anyone (I did) and should've made a bid but like I said I forgot. In my leagues there were some pickups, nothing very revealing.

I'll pay closer attention this week, although my initial impression is that very little time will be needed. I have been wondering all along if the professionals would find some sort of advantage/strategy to use. I haven't heard or seen anything yet.

As far as timing, I'll always be the evening before and day of kind of guy.

Everything went great the first week (except my teams performance). The FAAB results were within 20 minutes of the close.
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:03 am

I think I spent a total of $2 on Friday's FAAB for all my teams across all the contests I play. It was what I knew it would be having played with a Wednesday/Friday FAAB with the WCOFF for a couple years, nothing more than a way to cover yourself for late in the week injuries or inactives or occassionally to make a play on a player whose status changed for the better with late news. All the heavy lifting is done on Wednesday.

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Not at all, maybe 5 minutes. Like these guys said, it was more of injury filler and some late tweaks.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:54 am

Okay, thanks for the feedback everyone. I was hoping that this second FAAB period wasn't taxing you folks too much and it doesn't seem like it has been. Let's keep an eye on it going forward, but so far it's good to see that folks are settling in to the new deadlines for FAAB. Good luck going forward everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Jack_Bauer

Post by Jack_Bauer » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:04 am

I didn't spend much time on Friday either but that was in part because it wasn't an overly fertile group of free agents this week. I like the set up as it is now. The true "gems" will be bid on aggressively Weds evening and the Friday Faab ends up being a fail safe for teams who need emergency pick ups or there was an injury in a Friday practice. I still have often wondered why we do not run this on Saturday evenings just for more protection against unforeseen things like a player being arrested, injured in a Saturday walk-through, an illness or some other crazy occurrence that happens between Fridays faab and Sundays kickoff.. I know it is very seldom, but it does at times happen and I struggle to see why with today's technology we need to be stuck in these situations.